Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 13th, 2008, 01:50 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 540 Point NHSD Armies

Hi Vivaldi! Welcome to the sight, and the addiction. You should make sure to check that Marvel figures are allowed at the event. Most tourneys do not mix Marvel and "Classic" 'scape.

Old October 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM

tchop is surprisingly tart

Nice signature CheddarLimbo. Vivaldi, if you haven't played much, I'd totally not bring that elf army. That's about all I can say. Try to stick with as few cards as you can for now. In a tournament, many experienced players will be able to exploit the amount of army cards you're using.
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Bones Woo who?

I think having all those extra 10 point heroes may be helpful, but I don't know how well they will hold up in tournaments.
Old October 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Spiders x7
Sujoah
Zettians ?
Drop a Zettian for 24. Although that then defeats their purpose, so drop a spider?
Serious?
Sure, why not?
Old October 13th, 2008, 05:09 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Welcome to the site.

The elves are very cool, but difficult to use competitively. Ulginesh definitely helps with the order marker problem tchop mentioned, but if you're new to the game, the elves may not be the easiest to start with.

(If you really like them, and you don't mind if you end up losing a lot, then you're certainly welcome to try. I just have had a very tough time getting them to do much.)

On the second army, many tournaments don't allow Marvel. (Not at all clear why, but that's another thread.) I do like the idea of Marcus Decimus Gallus with the airborne elite. Might be nice to use the 10th regiment instead of the 4th Mass, and then use the sacred band for bonding and the disciplined bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivaldi View Post
Hello all, first time poster here;
I have a friend that signed me up for a tournament with him and these are my two armies I'm looking at. Any suggestions from experienced players?

Army 1
Kyntela Gwyn (Defensive Aura Elf) 20
Otonashi (Vydar's Ninja) 30
Chardris (Elf Wizard) 120
Emirroon (Elf summoning wizard) 200
Ulginesh (Mounted Elf Wizard) 350
Jorhdawn(Elf Wizard) 450
Arkmer (Elf Wizard) 500
(filler stuff)
Isamu & Eldgrim(Jandar)
or
Deathreavers
or
Marcu esenwein
or
warriors of ashara (removing otonashi)

Army 2
Captain America 220
Airborne Elite 330
4th Massachusetts Line 400
Marcus Decimus Gallus 500
(filler stuff)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old October 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I am looking at the following armies for NHSD:

Team A: FloppityCoptering To Your DOOM
Major Q10
Microcorp x2
Theracus
Zetacron
Isamu
Raelin ROTV
Strategy: In the first few rounds use the FloppityCopter (Theracus) to disperse Isamu to any Jandarian foes, and then while the enemy is trying to kill Houdininja you go ahead and get the Microcorps either in the water or to high ground. Keep Raelin within 4 spaces of as many goofballs as possible, and use Zetacron and Q10 as cover fire on high ground to pick off heroes and stronger commoners.

Team 2: Rats, Rangers, and Disappearing, Exploding Robots
DW7000
Saylind
Omnicon x2
Finn
Deathreavers x2
Strategy: Fly Saylind as close as you dare and teleport DW7000 and Finn. Walk DW7K right up to the enemy forces and blow him up taking as many adjacent fools as possible out. Finn then fights as much as he can until he dies, then put his body on the Omnicons for the +1. They are now 8 mini-Zetacrons. Put them on height by walking or summoning with Saylind. Then move the Deathreavers as a screen to keep the 'unwashed masses' away.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I might be wrong on this Superflytnt, but I don't think that you can put Finn's spirit on the Omnicrons, since they are a common squad...

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I am looking at the following armies for NHSD:

Team A: FloppityCoptering To Your DOOM
Major Q10
Microcorp x2
Theracus
Zetacron
Isamu
Raelin ROTV
Strategy: In the first few rounds use the FloppityCopter (Theracus) to disperse Isamu to any Jandarian foes, and then while the enemy is trying to kill Houdininja you go ahead and get the Microcorps either in the water or to high ground. Keep Raelin within 4 spaces of as many goofballs as possible, and use Zetacron and Q10 as cover fire on high ground to pick off heroes and stronger commoners.

Team 2: Rats, Rangers, and Disappearing, Exploding Robots
DW7000
Saylind
Omnicon x2
Finn
Deathreavers x2
Strategy: Fly Saylind as close as you dare and teleport DW7000 and Finn. Walk DW7K right up to the enemy forces and blow him up taking as many adjacent fools as possible out. Finn then fights as much as he can until he dies, then put his body on the Omnicons for the +1. They are now 8 mini-Zetacrons. Put them on height by walking or summoning with Saylind. Then move the Deathreavers as a screen to keep the 'unwashed masses' away.
I just wanted to point out that you can't put Finn's spirit on the Omnicrons. It can only go on Uniques.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Utgarsrage is surprisingly tart

Read em and weep....

Minions of Utgar X4 440
Kousmet 515
Dutmef Gaurd 540

This is what I'm taking to the Louisville Tourney.

Good Trades with: Rudyvalentine X2, omgitsjihad, Jim, dredd Stev, Yikes, Temp. Nerd, Syvaris the ruler, southwest ninja, Nerdcorerocks, Ensignoftheunit, Einar Gen., Mossman, MuttLo, Ted_Danson
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Drat....there went that idea.....I guess then for the 200 points put in a Zetacron and some ranged attackers!

PS = Credit where due..the DW7000 Mysteriously Appearing/Exploding Robot Attack is Utgarsrage's idea!

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgarsrage View Post
Read em and weep....

Minions of Utgar X4 440
Kousmet 515
Dutmef Gaurd 540

This is what I'm taking to the Louisville Tourney.
Why not go Minions x 4 440
and Krav 540

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 13th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Because of the +1 attack Khosumet gives the Minions, not too sure on the Dumatef

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion