Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:00 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Re: Website Issues

I found this link which talks briefly about what might have caused my virus problem and the recent surge of bots that I've seen on this site.

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fee...140048693.html

This probably will explain a lot.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Please ignore the previous post(s), as it wouldn't let me edit it or reply to any post.

On another note, it happened again. I typed heroscapers.com into the browser address bar and was redirected to this link:

http://www.bing.com.url.195109564.of.../index.php&ei=

It was an HEUR.Trojan.Win32 virus.

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 8
Computer and Platform: HP, Windows 7
Wait, did you type heroscapers.com or www.heroscapers.com? There is a difference, you know.
Sorry, yeah, it was www.heroscapers.com that I typed in. Should have been more specific. My apologies...
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You forgot to list all the malware you have redirecting your browser...
I only had the info that I gave.
Heh. I wasn't being serious.

Though it sounds like your situation might be: If you typed in the URL ("www.heroscapers.com") correctly and it didn't work normally for you, but it worked normally for the rest of us, it sounds like you have something bad on your computer.

Maybe not. But it sure doesn't sound like something's wrong with the site.

I use Chrome. And I use a User, not Admin, account on XP when I'm browsing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 24th, 2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You forgot to list all the malware you have redirecting your browser...
I only had the info that I gave.
Heh. I wasn't being serious.

Though it sounds like your situation might be: If you typed in the URL ("www.heroscapers.com") correctly and it didn't work normally for you, but it worked normally for the rest of us, it sounds like you have something bad on your computer.

Maybe not. But it sure doesn't sound like something's wrong with the site.

I use Chrome. And I use a User, not Admin, account on XP when I'm browsing.
True...it could also be something isolated to the West coast/AZ and nowhere else. In one of my earlier posts, I included a link to a story that discussed the Trojan virus (with the same symptoms I had) at length. This could just be an isolated thing, but I was not sure. Nevertheless, if something is redirecting people to malicious sites, I should also mention that the FBI has been investigating this Trojan outbreak on over half a million computers. The FBI created a "splint" Internet for sick computers, which will expire March 8th. After that, those that have not rectified the issue could lose Internet access permanently. It's worth looking into further. Thanks for the input, Dad_Scaper!
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. Bill, this looks like a less frantic description of the DNS name changer.

Your link plays a little loosey goosey with the real threat level. Looks nasty, though, and something like that would explain why, when you type in website A, you go to website B. That's why I hinted you might have malware.

Unfortunately that would not be a Heroscapers issue, that's a Billtrumpet25 issue, and has to get fixed on your own computer.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, that is definitely evidence of a redirecting trojan on a users computer.
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM

I tried accessing this site on another computer (not on the same internet connection as my computer is -- this was at the library). It got redirected, too, to a website that the library thankfully blocked by default . Talk about adding insult to injury...but I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

I told the library about the redirection, and on a good note, they're sending their technicians to clean out the computers.

I know this is still a "computer" issue, but I just wanted to give everyone an update on what's been happening.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We did discover a file that had some problems and cleared it out so it may not fully be your computer. The odd thing is that it didn't seem to be catching others.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
We did discover a file that had some problems and cleared it out so it may not fully be your computer. The odd thing is that it didn't seem to be catching others.
By "it" you are referring to the virus, and "others" is a reference to other computers, right?
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM

Yes and no, there was some redirect code in a file, that code is now gone. We're still tracking how it came to be there. And the others did mean that I found it odd that more people weren't experiencing the problem you were describing if the code in the file was the problem.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Yes and no, there was some redirect code in a file, that code is now gone. We're still tracking how it came to be there. And the others did mean that I found it odd that more people weren't experiencing the problem you were describing if the code in the file was the problem.
Well, I hope your search returns some result. Let me know what you find. It might help me prevent getting these viruses/redirect code into my own files.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

For about a week now, I have not been getting instant email updates for threads to which I am subscribed for instant updates. I am still getting instant emails for PM's. I posted in the Question Dump thread, and it seems others are experiencing this problem as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online