Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:22 AM

777Omega has disabled reputation
Jennifer (777Omega's Wife's) Offical Heroscape Girl Thread

GIRLS ONLY! MEN MAY READ, BUT LET YOUR LADY KNOW ABOUT THIS (and if you like her a lot, let her use your account to comment!)

Hello, I'm Jennifer and i decided that this website's just too fun for the boys to keep all to themselves! It's time to hear the lady's opinions. What do you love about heroscape? What do you hate about heroscape? Does your husband/fiancee/boyfriend suggest figure's names for your future children, as mine does? Tell me about it! no comment is too girly here. For example, what do the Nakita Agents (the girls that look like Charlie's angels kinda, but that wear all white) do to keep in shape (besides the obvious: kick butt)? and what do they mean by having a scary, acid breathing dragon (Braxas) as a female character? i know we can get pretty bad one week a month, but i haven't yet spit acid on my husband!!! Feel free to share your opinions on Heroscape, no holds barred!

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
hi this is Paula, Robs wife, just doing my first post on here. I think that this thread it such a GREAT idea. I, myself, am so sick of being second best to heroscape. As you may be aware, our 2 boys are into it aswell and even our 2 year old daughter goes on about "hescape". I now know where to come to have a good moan when the male in our house continue to go on about "£$%%% HEROSCAPE!!!!!!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
has been BANNED

ToryAdore is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm Reapersaurus's wife. I love Heroscape's packaging. Especially the new Flag Bearers packaging. And I'm not talking about the product that is in the package, but the packaging all by itself. I'm a sucker for packaging done the right way. These are small, colorful, cute little boxes that resemble the bigger boxes that hold other Heroscape items. The figures, dice, and little bag are nice and all, but if we are being 'girly' here, for me it's really about the box.

I like playing the game and have even gone to our local events as well as helped run the demonstation and tournament at KublaCon with Reaper and our friends. I'm just not much into tournament type play myself (though it's a lot of fun to watch), but I enjoy the casual gaming we've had recently with fellow Heroscapers from here at various locations about Nor Cal. I enojoyed the bonfire get together - oops, I mean BBQ tremendously at Hex's house a few months ago. Everyone we have met is so nice and welcoming. It's fun to meet people with similar interests.

As far as what irritates me about Heroscape? I'd have to say this site actually. It's not a huge irritation obviously as I post every now and then, but I don't like personal attacks - of which out of 6 posts I had recently, 2 of those were attacks on me for an opinion or view point if you will while I did not attack anyone or even challenge anyone or their opinion. It was viewed as okay to do that to me I guess because I am Reaper's wife. No other female on here would have received that type of treatment, and it would have been viewed as bad form.
The above is one of the reasons I don't post much on here. It was actually nice to see a girls thread that has a different voice than the good ol' boys club (that doesn't view all voices as important).

As for the figures, I LOVE them! They are just cool.
I think we ought to give our acid breathing Braxas girl dragon a special ability one time a game session since the designers made her female.

As for the Nakita, they probably only eat once a day and drink diet sodas to stay in shape. They are also probably the chicks you see coming out of the gym and lighting up a cigarette.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hi! This is Christy, CornPuff's girlfriend. This is a great idea. I was wondering how many times a week/month you girls are dragged to ToysRUs/Fred Myer/Target. Our ToysRUs doesn't have the flag bearers yet, so I've been there four or five times. This week!

I agree with ToryAdore about the Nakita Agents. In fact, smoking is probably a part of their weight loss routine.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:34 AM

JustBritt has disabled reputation
Hey Girls! I am JustJohn's Wife, pleasure to meet you! I just joined a few days ago...I couldn't take it anymore. John spent so much time on here, and we do have 2 computers in the house, so I figured I just had to see what all the fuss was about, although I do really, really enjoy playing HS.

My absolute favorite thing about the game is when new figs come out and the hunt begins! We search every store that sells HS for days on end, and it's great because it actually gets him in a store with me, and then he's trapped! I can do all the shopping I ever wanted to do while he wanders around like a kid looking for figs. What a perfect excuse!

I am also extremely competetive, so any chance to whoop my husband's butt, which I usually do, is good enough for me. He calls me a sore winner, which I completely am, waaaay worse than a sore loser. I usually prance around act like a 10 year old after I kill, kill, kill! Hahaha.

My least favorite part is the HS crap allllllllll over my house. Especially John's custom crap. He is VERY into making custom figs, so there is usually paint and glue and scrap and crap littering one room to the next. Aside form his custom's, just the mass quantities of HS seem to have taken over a couple of rooms and it can be overbearing at times.

Other than that, I LOVE the game. I love the figures, I love the action, and I especially love eating boys for breakfast!

And for the Nikita's...probably laxatives...the aspartame in the diet soda would make them swell after a while, haha.
Thanks for making this thread for us chicas, how fun!

"If at first you do not succeed, make them play and play again!"
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:17 AM

777Omega has disabled reputation
thanks for taking time to share your opinions!

Paula,
Thanks! I thought this thread might be interesting for some of the ladies here. What I really like is the vast variety of opinions presented. I personally think I enjoy Heroscape more than I dislike it, just because my husband's got some really fun friends and there's never a dull moment with them. Probably the thing about it that I dislike the most is the fact that it's a turn-based game, and I'm not very fond of having to roll dice to find out what's going to happen to my figure. Then again, that's probably because I've got crummy luck. If I had better luck, it might enjoy it more. Another thing that's made Heroscape more enjoyable is the fellowship I share with the other wives of the guys playing the game. Just today, my hubby was playing at a friend's house and us girls went out shopping and had some fun while the guys did their thing. I'd probably dislike it if I didn't have those other ladies in my life. My brother-in-law also plays Heroscape, so it's kind of about spending time with family for us too. I definitely don't mind you stating your dislikes though. I think it's wonderful that you found this thread... it's kind of like a support group!

ToryAdore,
Wow! I don't think I've ever met someone so passionate about packaging! Though I must say: now that you've pointed it out, I agree with you! I'm not as into playing Heroscape as I am watching it and just being in the atmosphere. Like I already said, it's a lot of fun to watch. I am very interested in watching a tournament though, that sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with some of the people on this site! That's not fair of them (but we'll take care of you here! :P ) I totally agree about the figures. One of the things I enjoy is making custom figures... I like artsy stuff in pretty much any form I can get it! And yeah, Braxas SHOULD that special ability haha! I can totally see the Nakita agents lighting up their cigarettes. I love your imagination: it's great!

Christy,
Sorry to hear about your luck with ToysRUs... depending on how far away you live, that could be pretty annoying. But you seem to have a good sense of humor about it! Maybe we should keep track of how many trips we take to stores specifically for Heroscape. If I could think of some kind of reward for the person who has to put up with the most trips... hmm... I need to think about that some more! Those shameless Nakita agents... they take one step forward (gym) and two steps back (smoking)! I must say, regardless of the nature of their weight loss efforts, I do envy their figures in those white spandex (or whatever) bodysuits haha!

Britt,
I also enjoyed searching for the new figures. We actually went in to TRU and beelined for the Heroscape section, and we didn't see them there. It was so sad to see the disappointment in my husband's face. But then we asked an employee and he brought us right to this huge (I may be exaggerating a bit, but it sure seemed that way at the time) display of Heroscape flagbearers. I was so relieved. I knew how badly Cam wanted them, and I myself was really curious about it, too. I do the same thing when it comes to shopping. We know how to take hold of an opportunity, don't we? I, too, am overly competitive, but I don't think I could gain a victory over Cam in that arena. Besides, I think I'm more impatient than I am competitive, and for me, rolling the die repeatedly requires much patience. (I DO celebrate victories the same way though... it's just not as much fun if you don't rub it in haha!) I like painting custom figures, but from what you've said, I don't think my hubby has as many figures as yours does, so that may be part of the reason. Another thing my husband loves about the game (and I was wondering if yours does, too) is the fact that it's so creatively and artistically versatile. You never play with the same scenery. My man loves Legos, so for him, this game is appealing on many levels. Laxatives? Yet another good explanation. I find it very funny how skeptical we all are that they acquired those figures by honest diet and exercise! :P

Well, girls, I'm sorry I took so long to reply to you all! Feel free to further discuss the ins and outs of Heroscape! I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! I love that this can be a place where we can all come together and just have fun!!

Until next time,
Jennifer

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old November 5th, 2006, 03:08 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hello girls! It is time to answer the ultimate Heroscape question!

Who is the "hottest" (guy) Heroscape figure?

My vote is Syvarris. He's got the girly Leonardo Di Caprio thing going on.

Or, if you are into more experienced men, perhaps the Tommy Lee Jones Krav Maga.

The winner for the most muscles showing is Crixus!

Sure, they are all made of plastic and don't have much going for them, but what do you all think? Which figure would most likely be hired for a bachelorette party? Or found in a sorority house? Let's hear it! :P

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old November 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Hi girls, I just found this thread and want to say "Yeh for an all girls thread!!!" Although I am an admin here, you won't find many posts of mine in the official unit or rules threads because I am much more interested in the social (events and CoN game) and creative aspects (custom painting) of the game. Don't get me wrong, I like to play too!

I talk to several members off the boards and I travel to tournaments and game days because I think it is really neat to meet the people behind the Internet personas. Everyone I have met is really friendly. For instance, I am from Ohio but I lived in Denver, CO for 3 months and my only real friends outside of where I worked quickly became caravaggio's personal circle of friends (not other scapers, just his regular friends). It got to the point where we weren't just friends by association cuz I went on a skiing trip with his friends without him with us (carav doesn't' ski.) I have also met scapers in Dallas, TX, the Carolinas, and from all over Ohio, and most scapers are very fun to game with.

As for the creative aspect, I started doing some repaints of the official figs, just to make them more colorful and detailed. See funrun's Awesome HS Fig Repaints. I even redid those Nakita Agents into a girly neon color scheme—early 90's, and much more realistic looking, except of course for the disproportional, impossible bodies they have. I have more ideas for other figs when I get the time. I did a lot of art and craft projects as a kid, but now I am a digital designer, so this fig painting is really bringing me back to those roots of hands-on art instead of computer art.

This weekend I also made a trophy dice box for the tournament I am hosting in Cincinnati this Dec. I got to use the hot glue gun for the first time in years! The Dice Box functions as a carry container for all those pesky little dice, order markers, and wound markers, but if you take all that out it works really well as a compact, quiet dice rolling area. See pics and description here. If you are into crafty things like me, then you may want to make your man (or yourself) some useful HS accessories like my dice box, or maybe even a dice tower like infinityMax does http://www.vixentorgames.com I could even see how this craft making and figure painting would be fun for kids to do too (make daddy a gift for xmas!)

For the hottest HS fig, I have always liked Legolas, er, I mean Syvarris. But the cowboys have that old western thing going on for them. You know, riding horses all day, I bet they know how to please a lady. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy: good song.

For a bachelorette party, I can picture Agent Carr with some really suave moves, and that ponytail could be put to good use.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM

sexymama has disabled reputation
Hey Ladies

There is so much to comment on!!

The Packaging for the flagbearers is very cute, although when I saw how small they were I was like " $13 for this little thing" But I do love the bags they come with. What I don't understand is the D20, as far as the two Flagbearers I have Utgar and Jandar you don't need the D20!! It's just a ploy to increase the price.

What irrates me the most.......

A few things, When to many get together to many different rules come into play, which is okay if you can come to a common ground, but I really don't like players being able to change there mind and re-move a character, but that is just my competitiveness in me.

Looking for my people after I have drafted. We have them all in a drawer and fishing through them is anoying.

Playing with my honey and him taking FOREVER to figure out what his next move will be. Sometimes I tell him what he should do, just to keep the game going!

As far as the other comments, I'll be back for those.

Well my question for you ladies is when should we all get together and play?

How many will be at the NorCal gameday on the 18th?
Old November 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Site Admin

sexymomma, I noticed you in the Cali game day pics and wondered if you joined here on your own or if your honey is already a member (and who is he)?

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hello all!

Short on time today, I'll definitely drop in later for more, fun idea, this thread.

Regarding the Braxas being female/poisonous acid breath.... well, if they were going for gender equality, I'm kinda glad they didn't give the female role to Nilfheim. Way to many "Frigid B1tch" comments to be made there!

And if we're picking a Heroscape character just on physical attributes, I'd probably go for a Sentinel. They're burly and they can fly! But their probably not very smart, so I'd have to go for someone with more brains than brawn... Perhaps one of the Ninjas?

I encourage more of the "women of heroscape" to sign up for their own login! This game seems to attract a decent number of women players.
Old November 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Site Admin

Yes, ladies, please sign up for your own screen name. It's really quick and easy, you just need an email address, and of course we don't share your email with anyone or send you emails you don't request to get (you may want PM notifications).

funrun's HS Repaints

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion