Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 1st, 2021, 08:34 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Superman (Kal-El) (JL II) (Breathing)

Personally, Superman III was never someone to send out first. He’s a defender. When someone is in trouble, you send him or someone else in to defend for them. He inspired people to defend for one another. I think he’s been used as a solo starter in trinity builds, but it’s clear that that approach isn’t setting the world on fire for the rest of his factional interactions, given he’s not finding his way into more uses beyond that.

Here, he’s pure offense oriented, wanting to be on the field alongside peers if possible to greater benefit, then offering a bonus upon death to help his team mount a comeback in his absence. I think they should encourage different play, and in general this take should see him as more of a core pick for the faction, which is the ultimate goal, IMO. Superman should be picked just as often as Batman or Wonder Woman, and I think this would do it.
Old March 1st, 2021, 08:37 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Personally, Superman III was never someone to send out first. He’s a defender. When someone is in trouble, you send him or someone else in to defend for them. He inspired people to defend for one another. I think he’s been used as a solo starter in trinity builds, but it’s clear that that approach isn’t setting the world on fire for the rest of his factional interactions, given he’s not finding his way into more uses beyond that.

Here, he’s pure offense oriented, wanting to be on the field alongside peers if possible to greater benefit, then offering a bonus upon death to help his team mount a comeback in his absence. I think they should encourage different play, and in general this take should see him as more of a core pick for the faction, which is the ultimate goal, IMO. Superman should be picked just as often as Batman or Wonder Woman, and I think this would do it.
There just aren't a lot of defensive powers that want to use him in the faction I think. But yeah he likely will be able to play like you're saying here, just making sure as I thought I had heard mention of wanting a different playstyle.

I do worry that the Attack Bonus stacking with Diana might be a lot to manage for some.
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:17 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

With her maxing out at 3 markers, that’s gonna come down to the player and the match on what amount of overlap happens. Definitely powerful, but it takes 690 points of investment, and you need Superman to fall before the 2nd boost kicks in, which means you’ve already lost your most likely expensive figure. At that point, you may only have 1 round of attack boost from Wonder Woman left. If she chooses not to use them until he goes down, then now you’re likely trying to mount a comeback at that point. Either way, should lead to some nice decision making.

Personally, I like that the core together can stack to make all the others stronger. They will feel like a true trinity at that point, IMO, in bigger games. That said, almost every army included Batman or Wonder Woman, so getting Superman up there as another go to option outside of them, is also nice.

Some army potentials:

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hawkwoman (1200)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Hawkwoman (1200)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (900)
Superman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Booster Gold (1200)
Superman, Martian Manhunter II, Plastic Man (1000)
Superman, Red Tornado, John Stewart, Black Canary (1200)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Batman, Zatanna (1400)
Superman, John Stewart, Martian Manhunter III (1000)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, John Stewart (1400)
Superman, Batman, Hawkman, Atom (1000)
Superman, Batman, Black Canary, Zatanna (1100)
Superman, Batman, Aquaman (1000)
Superman, Batman, Dr. Fate (1000)
Superman, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Hawkgirl (1100)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman (1300)
Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate (1300)
Superman, John Stewart, Hawkgirl (900)
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:34 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that new idea for Supes. Another option for attack and d20 boosts is cool.
Old March 1st, 2021, 10:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with that change in direction. That's a pretty clean approach. I think Lois will be useful to him and should be tested but won't be essential or determine his cost, especially when he lacks a way to protect her.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2021, 12:35 PM

Cool, then let's go with that. One other option to consider before moving forward, since we now have a power that adds to his attack when attacking adjacently. Do we want to lower his base attack to 4, and bump his range to 4, to represent Heat Vision? Then work in a static +3 when attacking adjacent, with up to +3 additional based on the wounds?
Quote:
THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR SUPERMAN
When Superman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, add 3 + X to his Attack number. X equals the number of Wound Markers on the cards of friendly figures engaged with the defending figure, up to a maximum of 3.
Only about a 4 word difference, and might be nice to have just to feel even more like Superman.

Altogether that gives us:
Quote:
NAME = SUPERMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = INSPIRING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 380

FREEZE BREATH 11
Before taking a turn with Superman, you may choose up to two figures adjacent to Superman. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figures subtract 1 from their Defense number and may not move this player turn.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR SUPERMAN
When Superman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, add 3 + X to his Attack number. X equals the number of Wound Markers on the cards of friendly figures engaged with the defending figure, up to a maximum of 3.

HEROIC INSPIRATION
If Superman is destroyed by an enemy figure, for the remainder of the game, all Unique Heroes you control add 1 to their Attack number and any 20-sided die rolls.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
I kind of dig it because it helps capture a real classic lunch box/iconic feel to the character.
Old March 1st, 2021, 12:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That might be nudging him up into 390-400 point territory, but it's close and tweaks can be made to get him to 380 if that's something we're set on.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2021, 12:46 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that. The +Attack bonus for wounded figures will be swingy but gets a nice theme across.
Old March 1st, 2021, 12:46 PM

Interesting. How does the calculator account for that? Do you judge him off the 4 range and 4 attack, the 1 and 7, or some sort of combination of the 2? He'd need to be adjacent to be most effective anyway, with Freeze Breath and TLLAJFS both relying on it, the latter even being specific targets to maximize, thus forcing him to possibly leave engagements.

I'd def. like to keep him at 380, as it seems it's ripe for army builds, but I suppose 390-400 probably have their own opportunities. I'm not sure what else we would tweak to dial him in. I suppose I can try some games with the Heat Vision range approach, and if he's feeling hot, reconsider.
Old March 1st, 2021, 12:59 PM

Eh, it's as much art as science with those toggles, but since he's basically still 7 attack in melee, it's hard to rate a power that gets him to 7 attack in melee + more situationally as less than what having 7 attack in melee is worth compared to having 4 attack in melee. So I just put that power at a 5 to get that level of points on it at minimum.

Old March 1st, 2021, 01:10 PM

Re: The Book of Superman (Kal-El) (JL II) (Vote 4 Initial Te

We’ll see how he shakes out in practice. It’s probably something that will go fairly unused outside of rare cases he can’t reach someone or is prevented from moving, and it’s not going to be a huge source for damage, but I think thematically it’s nice to have. I also think the bigger boost when adjacent, even if it’s just getting him to where he would have been anyway, is a satisfying player experience, especially for the power name.

Checklist wise, not doing anything beyond the simple basics.

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
Old March 1st, 2021, 01:17 PM

Re: The Book of Superman (Kal-El) (JL II) (Vote 4 Initial Te

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library