Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
2006 Indy GenCon Questions for Rob and Craig list.....

Please do not merge this. I think it needs to be separate.

Many board members are going to Gencon, and many questions remain to be asked about this game. I thought this would be a good time to get a running list going so that everyone's not just throwing stuff at the HS team left and right.

I'll update this first post periodically, so fire away.

When it gets towards con time, if my trip there falls through (which it may), I'll give the list over to one of the guys that are going, and they can run with it.

RULES:
1. Can the Marro Plague affect the castle door?YES Can Ullar Enhanced Rifle affect it?NO Self-destruct?YES
2. If the door is built above lava field, does it roll for damage each round?NO
3. Are road and wall-walk tiles considered identical regarding all game rules? YES In other words, can a figure walk from road to wall walk and possibly back again and still get the +3 bonus?YES Can a Dumutef benefit from wall walk?YES

GENERAL GAME QUESTIONS:
1. Does Hasbro plan on organizing official events and tournaments in the near future?
2. Is there any validity to the rumor that WOC is going to take over the line?
3. The game seems to be having some real distribution problems, with Wave 4 showing up very sporadically and Wave 4.5 hardly at all. What is being done to improve the speed and regularity with which new product hits the shelves and old product is restocked? Why is Hasbro.com so often out of stock of it's own items?
4. Will distribution to foreign markets, including Canada, be improved? Are there any new deals in the works to speed availability overseas?
5. Will Nerak ever be available again, perhaps via Hasbro's online store?Not likely.
6. Will there be more scenarios and official maps released? Possibly....two were released at last year's ConPossible ones that utlilize multiple sets or combinations of various expansions?Possibly.

UPCOMING "CLASSIC" HEROSCAPE PRODUCTS:
1. When will we see Kee-mo-shi? [ANSWER: In Wave Six Hero Pack] What about the large Marro figure from Thormun's journal? Was that an early version of Su-bak-na or is it something we still haven't seen yet?
2. If and when all-terrain boxes are sold, will they be available in brick and mortar stores or only available online, like replacement parts?
3. Will the prototype female Kyries from early product shots ever be released? Speaking of Kyries, will we be seeing anymore, or does that recent absence mean you suddenly under pressure not to include "angels and demons" in a kids' game? [ANSWER: Both protos are in Wave Six Hero Pack, and a squad of Kyries (Einar?) are in Wave Six]
4. Will we see another preview video of upcoming items?

MARVEL LEGENDS HEROSCAPE:
1. Why, specifically, are the Marvel products "not recommended" to be used with classic Heroscape? Are they not playtested with each other? Are they not point balanced with each other? Is a different ruleset or play system in place that is incompatible with standard scape? [ANSWER: No different rules, figures are point blanced and playtested against classic scape...mixing not recommended due to mostly "flavor" reasons.....ie no mixing of universes....they ahve triedvery hard tomake Marvelbalanced with classic.]
2. Given the long development time, we assume expansions are already in the works....when can we expect those and how will they be packaged or sold? Five or so heroes a pack, similar to standard scape, or in some new way or larger box set?[ANSWER: Expansions are in the works...this is a whole new line, packaging format as yet unknown.]
3. You said there are no squads in the game. Does that mean there are no squads simply in the starter set or that there are no squads planned, period?
4. Are there additional types of terrain and ruins in the works?
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
has been BANNED

Updated the list with new questions from the castle thread....
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:11 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems distribution problems

Nothing else is remotely as important as the designers directly addressing this Heroscape-killing issue.
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:20 PM
ultradoug

dont forget... distribution problems!

also why do Tae cost that much
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think reaper wants to add some questions to the list but I can't seem to decipher his post as to what those questions may pertain to. Can anyone help me out?

Old July 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
has been BANNED

I'm going to go ahead and add some questions about distribution problems....it just kinda came to me that I should do that.
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The question that they will be asked the most is "Where does the line for the exclusive start?"

Old July 26th, 2006, 06:45 PM

MacG Woo who?
SPECIALIZED QUESTION
Is there any way to get sales figures on [Terrain pack] vs. [Big Monster] pack?

BACKGROUND
My experience is that it's just right in my area. There are a few Tundra in Grant's Pass, but few or no heroes on local shelves. Of the ten kids who own Heroscape who came into the game club at the end of school in June, eight owned Major Quiddler and only two owned Tundra. (The two who owned tundra also own the heroes.)

Obviously, the ADULT experience is just the opposite. Many adults have their own stories just the opposite of mine. Sandra's selling the Heroes off in other sets to balance her needs, for example, and Nick at Funagain mentioned the same problem last time I was in.

Is there any evidence about how many of each unit sold?
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:02 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quick question, and I'm serious.

Can the issue of distribution to foreign countries be addressed? Right now, Hasbro isn't even supporting the game anywhere but the continental usa, and even then (according to Reaper) not that much anyway.
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:02 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Scapers: please dont lay into any Hasbro employees about distribution or hard sales data. You can ask, just don't push. Even Rob or Craig did tell us, it might get them in trouble.

I think we'd all have a bit more fun if we focused on the game aspect instead of the business aspect.

I sincerely doubt Rob and Craig are unaware of distribution problems. It was recently revealed that Craig pays attention to the boards, so I'm sure he's heard our bitching in moaning too. However this 'evil marketing lady' that the community scapegoats probably would prefer if he just stuck to talking rules and fun at Gencon, not sales, distribution, pain and suffering.

Just remember that we know HS is going strong, we are up to wave 5 with many more waves planned, a 'big announcement' at gencon, and the recent news of Marvelscape at comic con.

Disclaimer: My are only valid in US. Countblah's post is a whole different issue

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A note, some of these questions have been answered in Oogie and Doc Savage's interviews, I may go in and edit posts in this thread to add the answer if one can be found or comes to light.

Thank you for starting the thread, I was going to be getting on this, I'll sticky it in a few moments.
Old July 28th, 2006, 07:20 AM

dickflea Woo who?
Yes the issue with distribution overseas needs to be addressed as i have only seen wave 1 hit the stores here in Australia.

This is totally unacceptable. Considering there are scapers from all over the world who are dying to get their hands on the waves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events