Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Marcus 100
Romans x3 150
10th Regiment of Foot x2 150
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Brave Arrow 50
Total 500
Zelrig 185
Charos 395
Raelin RotV 475
DCF 500 / 6

Zelrig is hands-down the best Lego killer out there; send him in as soon as a group of them comes forward, and retreat until the next one moves out. Charos scoffs at the puny redcoats, even more so with Bacon backing him up. The Chain Fighter's in there just 'cuz I like the little fella.
Yeah I don't know about Charos scoffing at redcoats. If the conditions were right they could tear him to pieces...with a bit of luck that is...and I agree Zelrig is the best but I mean the best PERIOD! he's completely broken.

Except for him I would say this army could do the trick...

Omnicron snipers x2 200
raelin rotv 280
Taelord 460
Theracus

Get the omni's in a good position with or even a base height spot. With the +2 to defense and the +1 to attack those guys would tear your dragons apart no problem.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Yeah I don't know about Charos scoffing at redcoats. If the conditions were right they could tear him to pieces...with a bit of luck that is...and I agree Zelrig is the best but I mean the best PERIOD! he's completely broken.

Omnicron snipers x2 200
raelin rotv 280
Taelord 460
Theracus

Get the omni's in a good position with or even a base height spot. With the +2 to defense and the +1 to attack those guys would tear your dragons apart no problem.
x2 Protectors (220/220) to take out the heroes and the snipers,
x1 Minions (110/330) for clean-up,
Brandis (90/420) to finish the heroes,
Raelin RotV (80/500) to boost everyone.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:47 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

haha my army would still snipe those minions long before they got anywhere near. Think about it. With the possibility of height advantage that would be tops of 6 on 6 and without it an average of 4a to 6b and you don't usually roll 6b with 6dice. I don't think your army would beat mine sorry.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM

jonesey292 Woo who?

Quote:

Omnicron snipers x2 200
raelin rotv 280
Taelord 460
Theracus

4x air elemental (120)
Brandis (210)
Kaemon Awa (330)
krav (430)
1x aubrien archers (500)

krav agents take out snipers, air elementals and brandis shut down all flying heroes, aa and kaemon work clean up and ranged support. theracus is somewhat useless here since all your heroes can fly too, and he can only carry one at a time so the omnicrons are hoofing it.

There have been many times in my life when I have felt helpless. It is perhaps the most acute pain a person can know, founded in frustration and ventless rage.

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:41 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesey292 View Post
4x air elemental (120)
Brandis (210)
Kaemon Awa (330)
krav (430)
1x aubrien archers (500)

krav agents take out snipers, air elementals and brandis shut down all flying heroes, aa and kaemon work clean up and ranged support. theracus is somewhat useless here since all your heroes can fly too, and he can only carry one at a time so the omnicrons are hoofing it.
Anubian Wolves x3 - 225
Khosumet - 300
Wolves of Badru x2 - 460
rats x1 - 500

WoB to pounce the air elementals and/or Kaemon, rats to tie up Krav and/or AA, and the Anubians to do everything else.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post

Anubian Wolves x3 - 225
Khosumet - 300
Wolves of Badru x2 - 460
rats x1 - 500

WoB to pounce the air elementals and/or Kaemon, rats to tie up Krav and/or AA, and the Anubians to do everything else.
Venoc Vipers x7 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Erevan Sunshadow 480

The Venocs take out the whole of the army, as pound for pound the Venocs win. Unleashed fury will be overkill, as will pounce attacks.

Erevan is a little spice to deal with the single squad of rats, but the Venocs can ultimately take them.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:56 AM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

Grimnak 120
Nerak 170
Raelin 250
4x Balde gruts 410
NGS 500

Unless you end up frenzying at least once an OM; the three heroes will have the BG boosted up real high and well the points add up to my favor; since you may kill 3; but I'll kill your three. and that's 40 points on your side to my 30 points... saying you can get by 5 defense BG... Yeah; and no your heroes won't really do much since I can easily hack and slash my way through your army to them...
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:07 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Venoc Vipers x7 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Erevan Sunshadow 480

The Venocs take out the whole of the army, as pound for pound the Venocs win. Unleashed fury will be overkill, as will pounce attacks.

Erevan is a little spice to deal with the single squad of rats, but the Venocs can ultimately take them.
Theracus Bomb 40
Sharwin 150
Wyvern 250
Spiders x4 410
Estivera 490
Isamu 500

Sharwin is deadly on your start zone. Wyvern can bring your heroes to my hungry, boosted spiders and Venom Ray.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:27 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:

Venoc Vipers x7 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Erevan Sunshadow 480

Theracus Bomb 40
Sharwin 150
Wyvern 250
Spiders x4 410
Estivera 490
Isamu 500

Sharwin is deadly on your start zone. Wyvern can bring your heroes to my hungry, boosted spiders and Venom Ray.
CHAROS-210
GREENSCALE WARRIORSx2-330
CYPREIN ESENWEIN-480
MARCU ESENWEIN-500

Even boosted Arachnids will have trouble getting through Charos' high defense, and he should be able to power up the Greenscales so they can kill the spiders easily as well. Cyprein goes in and kills Estivara and Isamu. The spider's low base defense means Cyprein can easily heal himself off of them, even without a chilling touch.
Marcu is a filler.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Wow man, that is a BOLD statement... The Big Z can really shine against masses of commons for sure, but broken? I have to adamantly disagree with the very idea that he is anything but very well balanced. His High point cost helps keep him in check along with the fact that he his very vulnerable to pretty much every unique figure in the game...

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:

Venoc Vipers x7 280
Venoc Warlord 400
Erevan Sunshadow 480

Theracus Bomb 40
Sharwin 150
Wyvern 250
Spiders x4 410
Estivera 490
Isamu 500

CHAROS-210
GREENSCALE WARRIORSx2-330
CYPREIN ESENWEIN-480
MARCU ESENWEIN-500

Even boosted Arachnids will have trouble getting through Charos' high defense, and he should be able to power up the Greenscales so they can kill the spiders easily as well. Cyprein goes in and kills Estivara and Isamu. The spider's low base defense means Cyprein can easily heal himself off of them, even without a chilling touch.
Marcu is a filler.
120 Deathreavers x 3
180 Taelord
200 Snipers x 2

Chilling touch only has one target. Boosted Snipers should be able to take care of Cyprien and the Greenscales behind a screen.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Phantom Knights x5
Fen Hydra
480/17

The Hydra isn't really needed, but it's less boring than PK x7.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion