Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 11th, 2022, 08:53 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape From NY View Post
Also, loving the ungoverned pirate faction in the works. Also, does this mean pirate dragon confirmed? lol
hah hah no
I know you probably have to be tight lipped about details DS, but will there be additional game mechanics added to the overall feel of the game? In other words, will the game flow the same as before. Example: Initiative, order markers, alternating turns, rinse repeat. Or is there more? I don't think its too much to say if its more the same, or has a something new. I'm personally hoping for something new. I'm not really asking what the new might be, just if there is a new or not.
This is an important question. Sir H. asked a similar one when he interviewed me, and I'm happy for the opportunity to repeat my answer.

Expect the new rulebook to be in the tradition of previous post-RotV rulebooks. "Here are the rules, they are the same rules you already knew, also here is some thing or couple of things to supplement them." That's important, as I see it. Things like turn structure will be unchanged. It will be the game you all know.
Thanks for getting back with me on that DS. I had seen that video and tagged it for later consumption but hadn't got back to it yet. While I would love new mechanics added to the game, this news does not sadden me in the slightest and look forward to what is to come. I won't comment on the whole painted/unpainted debate, as I'm tired of hearing about it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2022, 08:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No, I think he literally means he *won't* be purchasing them, so he's not getting new Heroscape figures. But, yes, clearly he has agency in this.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2022, 09:11 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I haven't looked at the old Master Sets regarding factions before, but a question came up about AOA that had me glancing back. Looking at the old Heroscape Master Sets regarding Factions, we had:

Rise of the Valkyrie: A Few units of many Generals for endless possible army combinations.

Swarm of the Marro: Unique Heroes from various Generals vs The Marro.

Marvel Scape: Good Guys vs Bad Guys.

Battle For The Underdark: Unique Heroes from various Generals vs The Drow.

So, the new general question is, how will Factions be presented in Age of Annihilation? We know that some will be from the new "unaligned" Dawnraider Guild Pirates. What Factions also be included with in AOA? Will it be Unique Heroes (and possibly squads) from various Generals, or something else?
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:12 AM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
No, I think he literally means he *won't* be purchasing them, so he's not getting new Heroscape figures. But, yes, clearly he has agency in this.
Sounds like it's time for me to get a side hustle going for painting.

I'm just JAZZED to get new product. Who gives a rip if looks a little different. Paint does not affect gameplay. Major Q10 will throw hands on a grey dragon and not feel any kind of way about it.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
Quote:
Sounds like it's time for me to get a side hustle going for painting.

I'm just JAZZED to get new product. Who gives a rip if looks a little different. Paint does not affect gameplay. Major Q10 will throw hands on a grey dragon and not feel any kind of way about it.
1. There will definitely be a healthy market for painting

2. Paint doesn't affect gameplay, but it clearly affects the value and enjoyment of the product and, for some people, it's a dealbreaker (and that's OK. People are allowed to feel that way).

3. Painted or not will impact the market, but there's still going to be plenty of excitement and market for new releases, even if the "hate the unpainted" contingent doesn't come along. And those folks will still be part of this community even if they don't embrace the new releases. And that's all OK too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Mine will be painted. Skyknight promised me that speedpaint is fast and effective and I believe him!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:35 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I will get you there and they will look better than the originals with minimal work.
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:40 AM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

1. There will definitely be a healthy market for painting

2. Paint doesn't affect gameplay, but it clearly affects the value and enjoyment of the product and, for some people, it's a dealbreaker (and that's OK. People are allowed to feel that way).

3. Painted or not will impact the market, but there's still going to be plenty of excitement and market for new releases, even if the "hate the unpainted" contingent doesn't come along. And those folks will still be part of this community even if they don't embrace the new releases. And that's all OK too.
To be clear, I'm personally not saying one side or the other is wrong. It just feels like there are a fair few lines being drawn in the paint, errr sand, and folks might benefit from taking a big picture look.

Quote:
Mine will be painted. Skyknight promised me that speedpaint is fast and effective and I believe him!
I was shocked at the outcome of my first speed paint tests. There was a huge "woah, that's it" moment. It's a really cool and easy to grasp technique.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I will get you there and they will look better than the originals with minimal work.
I personally love the speed paint. Makes me wonder how I painted thousands of miniatures before these. They are very easy to use.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It would have changed my world when I was a teenager, with a mountain of unpainted lead figures.

= =
Old August 11th, 2022, 10:02 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would leaving the figures unpainted affect the way hit zones are identified? I recall that being a requirement for 3D-printed figures brought to ScapeCon.
Old August 11th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Would leaving the figures unpainted affect the way hit zones are identified? I recall that being a requirement for 3D-printed figures brought to ScapeCon.
No. The only difference between painted & unpainted will be how they look on your table.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion