Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Is Ron Paul Going Insane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I hate you guys.
I don't hate them, but from my basic understanding of this thread, I'll say this in big, capital letters:

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISPLAY ALL OF YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT OUR ECONOMIC, POLITICAL, SOCIAL, ETC. PERSPECTIVE AND PLACEMENT, NOR IS IT A THREAD TO DISCUSS SUCH AFORMENTIONED TOPICS. THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT RON PAUL AND THIS LATEST NEWS ABOUT HIM, AND SEEING THE REACTIONS OF HIS SUPPORTERS/NON SUPPORTERS. NOTHING MORE. IF YOU FEEL LIKE DISCUSSING OTHER MATTERS OF SOCIETY, EITHER START A NEW, ORIGINAL THREAD, POST IN A THREAD THAT IS CONCERNING YOUR TOPIC, OR JUST PLAIN KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. WHATEVER THE CASE, SHUT UP AND KEEP THIS THREAD ON THE RAILS. JEEZE...

Alright, sorry, but it had to be said. As I'm only fifteen years old and such, I can honestly say that I didn't have much of a backing for any of the presidents, although I did like Ron Paul to an extent (halfway in a joking manner, halfway in a realistic manner.) This, though, makes me go

EDIT: To avoid any potential confusion, that was not directed to , but to those who are derailing the thread.

-scorp

uuuhhhhh..... chucklenuts.......

the first post was not only about Ron Paul but also about how Obama is a right winger...

try to keep up please.
That Obama comment was mentioned off-hand. Answer these questions three and you will see the point of this thread:
  1. What is the thread title?
  2. What did the link in the first post go to?
  3. When you saw the thread title, did you think "Oh goody, a talk about why you don't like Obama thread!" ?
Now, to continue the off topic discussion: I don't like what Obama is doing with the economy and other things, but I really like his foreign policy choices. When the world likes your president, you will win. We can only get through all of this stuff by talking with anyone who will listen, even if it is Satin himself.
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
That Obama comment was mentioned off-hand. Answer these questions three and you will see the point of this thread:
  1. What is the thread title?
  2. What did the link in the first post go to?
  3. When you saw the thread title, did you think "Oh goody, a talk about why you don't like Obama thread!" ?
Now, to continue the off topic discussion: I don't like what Obama is doing with the economy and other things, but I really like his foreign policy choices. When the world likes your president, you will win. We can only get through all of this stuff by talking with anyone who will listen, even if it is Satin himself.
Is Satin one of Bruno's supermodel friends?

To clarify the OP.
In the most recent Real Time, Bill Maher talks about how Obama is center-right. The context is that the entire political system has somehow moved right. Democrats are the new Republicans. That doesn't mean that Republicans are Democrats. Republicans in the past 30 years moved away from center and into the far right realm of religion and personal politics, away from their past of just being representatives of the financial system. There aren't any real left wing politicians getting a voice at the moment.

Watch the clip.

That said, I would still like to hear what the Ron Paul supporters say about his either new or recently revealed conspiracy theorisms. Specifically, I am wanting to hear from people who aren't conspiracy theorists themselves. Those threads never go anywhere accept Argumentville, and you might as well be trying to convince someone to join your basement cult.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Last edited by Gulp; June 21st, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
uuuhhhhh..... chucklenuts.......

the first post was not only about Ron Paul but also about how Obama is a right winger...

try to keep up please.
Umm...why don't you try re-reading that? Here, I'll even display it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp
I was a fan of some of Ron Paul's economic ideas as well as a states' rights first style of gov't. Even recently, after getting disappointed that Obama appears to be just another center-right disappointment I thought, 'Maybe, Ron Paul wouldn't have been so bad.' Now it appears he's going insane.
The part about Obama is in bold, and that paragraph was only part of that post. The thread discussion topic had nothing to do with Obama's political status, as its only presentation was only an aside, or a setting up of thoughts that lead into the discussion concerning Ron Paul. In other words, the only reason that he mentioned Obama in the first place was to set up the rest of his post, and via establishing the true topic of discussion. Its the basic equivalent of someone saying: "I was walking into the supermarket the other day, when I noticed *such-and-such* on a magazine cover in the checkout line, and it got me to thinking about *da-da-da*." We're not talking about the supermarket, nor are we really talking about *such-and-such*, but we are truly discussing *da-da-da*. Obama got brought up because of people starting a thread derailment.

So the next time that you try to insult me or even poke an ill-hearted tease, aka "chucklenuts" or "try to keep up", it would be in your best interests to practice what you preach and stop trying to be the pot calling the kettle black.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

New term: Thread Authorinazi - One who grants himself powers, previously not held, to dictate to others, his peers, what content a thread should hold.

Lookin' at you here, Scorpisex. Not since reapertardus have I seen such a crap display of self importance. If you don't like my post, make it go away. I.E: Turn your computer off or to a different thread/site/application.

Please, everyone who is offended, neg rep me. I can't believe that I came back to this site to read the dreck on this thread.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:25 AM

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc View Post
New term: Thread Authorinazi - One who grants himself powers, previously not held, to dictate to others, his peers, what content a thread should hold.

Lookin' at you here, Scorpisex. Not since reapertardus have I seen such a crap display of self importance. If you don't like my post, make it go away. I.E: Turn your computer off or to a different thread/site/application.

Please, everyone who is offended, neg rep me. I can't believe that I came back to this site to read the dreck on this thread.
I don't see why anyone would negrep you for a difference of opinion, as that in itself would be stupid. The same goes here: if anyone wants to negrep me for supposedly acting like a jackass, go ahead and paint a target on me. Its only rep, afterall.

However, let me say this, what I said wasn't an attempt to rule over everyone here, nor was it a display of self-importance. I was just trying to keep a decent thread on its tracks, i.e. in a slightly louder, attention grabbing format. Currently, I find nothing about what I said to be unreasonable. If you make a post, make it one that is on topic. If you plan on going off into a tangent, why not just make a new thread discussing the topic that you are concerned about, instead of overruning an otherwise innocent and reasonable topic? If you are going into a thread about the movie "The Dark Knight", do you really want to wade through numerous posts about, say, Micahel Jackson's plastic surgery? Yes, slightly more off topic, yet the basic concept remains.

If I'm being cocky or self important, than I apologize, as it is not my intention, but it should be noted that I'm not the one tossing insults around.

-scorp

Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:33 AM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

As a contributer to the off-tracking i think that when one post's something on heroscapers about politicss he should not be surprised.
Granted i am a newb and don't know anything.
All i am saying is politics is a very broad topic if you even mention Obama expect to get a response about Obama.
Once again i must mention Ron Paul is not my strong suit but i read through this thread and heard a few things about Obama so i posted my thoughts albeit in a very dilluted seemingly crude and uneducated fashion.

Keep in mind that any thread site is based around the idea of a conversation and sometimes we get offtrack in a conversation.
Take it as a compliment man you started something that springboarded.

If me and you went in the woods to find oranges and along the way we found an apple tree why couldn't we stop and pick the apples and then carry on to the oranges.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Osgard View Post
As a contributer to the off-tracking i think that when one post's something on heroscapers about politicss he should not be surprised.
Granted i am a newb and don't know anything.
All i am saying is politics is a very broad topic if you even mention Obama expect to get a response about Obama.
Once again i must mention Ron Paul is not my strong suit but i read through this thread and heard a few things about Obama so i posted my thoughts albeit in a very dilluted seemingly crude and uneducated fashion.

Keep in mind that any thread site is based around the idea of a conversation and sometimes we get offtrack in a conversation.
Take it as a compliment man you started something that springboarded.

If me and you went in the woods to find oranges and along the way we found an apple tree why couldn't we stop and pick the apples and then carry on to the oranges.
Oh, I'm not saying that threads don't get off topic. However, this thread was still practically fresh and anew, and already various people were (most likely unintentionally) starting to hammer the coaster off of its tracks into what appeared to be formulating into just another average political bout. And, more likely than not, with a topic like that which this thread was plummeting into, not to mention the tone that some people exhibited, told me that soon the true, innocent topic of this thread would quickly diminish if nothing was said.

I'll admit, I might have been a little bit aggressive, but I was just trying to keep the train hoisted onto its tracks. Perhaps I should have just kept me mouth shut, but whats done is done.

However, skyknight's comment about this thread also being about Obama was just an utter falsehood, and he insulted me in the process, so I called him out on it. And now, I'm apparently "self important", even though I have gotten positive rep on what I percieve to be the same posts that I have recieved complaints about, which is another thing that I (rather politely) disagreed with.

For the sake of not trying to be a hypocrite, as well as trying to avoid a flame war, if we can go ahead and let any possible mayhem stop, than I will stop in turn. If I get called out unnecessarily, though, I'll retaliate.

-scorp

Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:00 AM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

So tell me something cool about Ron Paul.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM

grock1942 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Osgard View Post
So tell me something cool about Ron Paul.

Libertarian, personal freedoms are paramount. Smacks of anarchy without government running the show. Not a bad thing, except that an employer can terminate any empolyee of any seniority and experience simply because the 'cut of their jib' is offensive to them. once again, maybe not a bad thing. Once upon a time the only thing one couldn't choose was their family, lately, it seems that there are many many things that are chosen for us and that will always result in a rift of individual freedoms. Sure, legalized drugs would fill the coffers of our civic improvement fund, but in kind that would give back the liberty to those that don't want a freakin' stoner in their presence, for whatever reason because it was their personal preference. That makes Ron paul cool, he knows that in a nation of the blind the one-eyed man is king. And we all know that even an US president will bow to a king. Although peace through power has been a proven tool throughout the history of mankind there can also be peace through rooster slurpin'....for the weak that IS.

Last edited by grock1942; June 22nd, 2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: afterthought
Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright fine...here you go then.

Ron Paul has gone over the deep end, Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country and he is driving us into the dirt, it is going to take us decades to dig out from what he is currently doing, Paul had already gone a bit wackadoodle even before this point. One thing about RP though, he has some pretty fanatic followers.

Sidenote: Please disregard all text in green, my post is about Ron Paul, not Obama. Therefore no one should be able to discuss that green comment whatsoever because there is a kid here who says these are the rules.

OMG...That is so KOOL Scorp C U Soon!!!!! LOL
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Compared to most of the industrialized, most Democrats are Center-Right. Unfort, Republicans apparently are thinking going farther to the right will help them, which just means they will get trounced in the next presidential election.

And if you didn't think Ron Paul was insane, you never listened to any of his policies.
1. You're friggin nuts.

2. "Compared to most of the industrialized" .. Look, we're NOT other industrialized nations. We're the United States. There's a reason people STILL come here. Why the F do we want to be like them? They started 2 world wars and tax their people into total dependence. Get real.

3. Obama is SOSOSOSO NOT Center-Right. If you believe that, you're probably reading this off your Iphone while chained to a tree somewhere in Oregon, or maybe drinking lattes in California wearing your beatnik cap playing showtunes on your lutes and bongos with your VERY OPENLY gay friends discussing the hero that Che Guevara was.

Give me a break.

Ron Paul...economic guru, political nut. That's been the understanding from Day 1. He talked about isolationism and returning to the 'good old days' and you're wondering if he's GONE insane? He WAS insane. People just saw past it to get to his economic truths.

I'd really like to see his 'racist comments' though...can you provide a link or somehting?

Oh, and Bill Maher?? HE's calling Obama a Center-Rightist? Bill Maher??? That guy is as left as they come, like Abortion Centers with built in McDonalds franchises, Tax'n'Spend Uber-Leftie. Who gives a crap what some douchebag comedian that couldn't hack stand-up anymore and got a TV show because he's controversial says?

That's like me saying that Obama is a Black Separatist. It may be slightly true in some facets, but consider the source.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; June 22nd, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You know TNT that I didn't start this thread, I only put one comment in context. And thank you so much for your mature "response".

Am I supposed to think you are some rich, racist, narrow minded, hatemonger or something? No, because I actually met you and know that isn't true. If you are mad at the comments, FIRST, direct them to the OP. Second, discuss it in a rational manner and not name calling. I know you are better than that.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General