Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Marcu Esenwein

He just took out Q10 and halfway took out Agent Carr in my last game with my son. To be fair, I had a streak of horrible rolls and my son was rolling all skulls, but still - about 200 points worth of damage for a 20 point character isn't bad at all. Reminds me of when Otonashi snuck up and killed the Hulk after two wiffs (4 wounds from before and 4 from her). Talk about humiliated. I still won, but Josh kept saying "Ninja girl killed Hulk, Ninja girl killed Hulk!"

Nothing you can really say to that
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marcu is one of my most favorite units for his theme/flavor alone
Him running around as his teammates try to catch him like a loose dog
Him biting and nipping along the way
Even his position reminds me of a running dog
With that said, whenever his owner loses the role the most common tactic is to maximize the number of leaving engagement attacks against him and then save enough movement for a backstab.
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Marcu is one of my most favorite units for his theme/flavor alone
Him running around as his teammates try to catch him like a loose dog
Him biting and nipping along the way
Even his position reminds me of a running dog
With that said, whenever his owner loses the role the most common tactic is to maximize the number of leaving engagement attacks against him and then save enough movement for a backstab.
Leaving engagement swipes are optional. And when an opponent gets control of Marcu for the turn, he is considered friendly with the opponent's figures, so they can't take swipes either.

Old June 13th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the idea is your opponent moves him into a crowd of figures he or she controls, so when it's your turn with Marcu again, you have to stay put and attack or face multiple leaving engagements.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

+rep for Cheddar (when I spread some more around) - I didn't know leaving engagement strikes were optional.
Our understanding was if Player A controls Marcu and then loses control to Player B, then all B units become friendly and all A units become enemy and thus give engagement strikes. If this is true or not doesn't really matter, because the strikes are optional.
Interesting, I wonder how much the correct way will change things ... if not functionally, then flavor-wise
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:21 AM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe the ruling for 2 Marcu's in opposing armies is that there are no rolls for Eternal Hatred, even after one of them dies.

I think that should be in this Book somewhere...

Old November 19th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Bam Bam

b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby!

Couldn't you just fly Marcu up to a castle and jump off or do you have to fly your entire movement.

I have grown to dislike my username choice but am too far into this to change it now. BamBam57 makes me feel less like a robot. So I shall refer to myself as that.

Old November 19th, 2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b57123m View Post
Couldn't you just fly Marcu up to a castle and jump off or do you have to fly your entire movement.
You may choose to walk or fly for any or all of your movement. So, yes, if Marcu started on a high ledge, you could walk off, take the falling damage, fly back up, walk off, and repeat.

Old November 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I believe the ruling for 2 Marcu's in opposing armies is that there are no rolls for Eternal Hatred, even after one of them dies.

Done. Thank you.
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Here is an odd scenario that I think could use a ruling or clarification. It could also affect Sir Hawthorne. In a 3 player game we just had a situation where my daughter's Marcu was one of the last figures on the board (she had two). I was out, and my son still had a figure on the board. She rolls for Eternal Hatred and gets a 20. She wanted to turn Marcu over to me because she thought that I would want to take out my son's last figure. I didn't see anything in the language of the power that it had to go to an opponent with figures still in play, but I could have just been forgetting something. So in this situation, 3 or more players, 1 or more players eliminated, Marcu rolls a 17 or higher, can he go to one of the eliminated opponents?
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post

Done. Thank you.
Would that be the same for Sir Hawthorne as well?
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Here is an odd scenario that I think could use a ruling or clarification. It could also affect Sir Hawthorne. In a 3 player game we just had a situation where my daughter's Marcu was one of the last figures on the board (she had two). I was out, and my son still had a figure on the board. She rolls for Eternal Hatred and gets a 20. She wanted to turn Marcu over to me because she thought that I would want to take out my son's last figure. I didn't see anything in the language of the power that it had to go to an opponent with figures still in play, but I could have just been forgetting something. So in this situation, 3 or more players, 1 or more players eliminated, Marcu rolls a 17 or higher, can he go to one of the eliminated opponents?
I believe, technically, you're out of the game at that point and no longer valid as an "opponent." However, since I have no problem letting an otherwise "out" player continue to roll for un-Dropped AE, I'd probably let someone give Marcu (or Hawthorne) to whomever they wanted.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units