Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 17th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Mesmerize - Danger Room Playtesting

I support that direction for Mesmerize.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, then - officially calling in playtesters for Mesmerise and Mesmerise only!

~ Lazy Orang, who's pretty bloody relieved we seem to be moving somewhere at last - this has not been fun. Thank you quozl!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sometimes designs hit roadblocks. There's always a way past the roadblock. Because the thing to remember is that we're all here because we want the designs made. We may disagree about lots of things but we all have the same goal.

Thanks for keeping this going, L_O!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 18th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thanks, quozl.

Here's Test One for the new Mesmerise - should be able to get the other one up tomorrow.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Mesmerise

Army Test 1

Map:
Underground Catacombs (no glyphs)
Armies:
Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Mesmerise (25), 2x Fire Ant Swarms (465 points)
vs.

Luke Cage, Tigra, Dagger (465 points)

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 18th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Pass, it feels like Mesmerism to me.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass- Spells don't bond.
- Synergies Test - Pass - No synergies.
- Power Check - Pass - I can see it being useful, but it's not a big deal now..
- Fun Test - Pass - It's a fun, helpful little defensive spell.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - It's really not an issue for the opponent.
- Drafting Test - Pass - It'd need to be pretty damn low now, but I can see myself drafting it at 20..
- Usage Test - Pass - You'll almost certainly use it at least once, even if it doesn't work (which it could easily fail to).
- Strategy Test - Pass - Here's this defensive spell. You can cast it one time. Choose it wisely.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Mesmerise

Army Test 1

Map:
Underground Catacombs (no glyphs)
Armies:
Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Mesmerise (25), 2x Fire Ant Swarms (465 points)
vs.

Luke Cage, Tigra, Dagger (465 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Sirrocco (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Nightwing, Raven, Speedy (Mia Dearden), Mesmerise (25), 1x Hellfire: Ignition, 1x Hellfire Fire Line (520 points)
vs.
Iron Man (Mk V), Iron Man (Hasbro) (520 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

It's a pretty low level spell - useful, but no big deal and it may not even work. I'd say 20 looks about right to me.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Hard as ice

Okay - I'd appreciate getting one more tester in on this, but if no one else steps up, I'll try to move to pass this at 20 after the weekend.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not sold at 20, but I'm planning to run some tests today.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Ask @dok what is the best way to test the spell?

Maybe he can come up with some smaller match-ups that would speed up testing but still deliver good results.
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I mean, it's fairly pointless to fixate on what the actual result of the roll was. In a normal test of a figure one roll can swing things a lot but you usually have a bunch of rolls involving the figure; here it's literally a single attack that we're looking at. It's just too random and noisy of a data point to really matter. What matters is what the situation was when the spell was deployed - we can infer expected value from that.

In those two cases, it was used to block an attack of 5 (I'm assuming no height for Luke) and an attack of 4 or 5 (depending on height). So it was worth about 20 points before we consider board position and OM security (both of which enhance the value). Neither unit had any special power that makes it more relevant.

The obvious things to test against if you want to see the potential of the spell:
- Magical Defense figures
- Master Motivators and other "if you inflict a wound you get to do X" figures
- Double Skull figures, I guess

On the flip side, you could put a MD figure on a team against an opposing team that has one good special attacker or special wounder. See how easy it is to try to kill the MD figure without ever using a normal attack. Of course this becomes highly dependent on tactics and "tester bias" can become an issue (in either direction).

I'm still of the opinion that anything below 25 basically means "if you're playing an expensive MD figure and you don't include this spell, you're probably not playing the strongest build you could".
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I mean, it's fairly pointless to fixate on what the actual result of the roll was. In a normal test of a figure one roll can swing things a lot but you usually have a bunch of rolls involving the figure; here it's literally a single attack that we're looking at. It's just too random and noisy of a data point to really matter. What matters is what the situation was when the spell was deployed - we can infer expected value from that.

In those two cases, it was used to block an attack of 5 (I'm assuming no height for Luke) and an attack of 4 or 5 (depending on height). So it was worth about 20 points before we consider board position and OM security (both of which enhance the value). Neither unit had any special power that makes it more relevant.

The obvious things to test against if you want to see the potential of the spell:

On the flip side, you could put a MD figure on a team against an opposing team that has one good special attacker or special wounder. See how easy it is to try to kill the MD figure without ever using a normal attack. Of course this becomes highly dependent on tactics and "tester bias" can become an issue (in either direction).

I'm still of the opinion that anything below 25 basically means "if you're playing an expensive MD figure and you don't include this spell, you're probably not playing the strongest build you could".
You state that the spell blocked Luke Cage's attack of 5, and Iron Mans' attack of 4 (or 5) except it clearly states in the report that both attacks were not blocked and a wound was still inflicted by both attacks.
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

You state that the spell blocked Luke Cage's attack of 5, and Iron Mans' attack of 4 (or 5) except it clearly states in the report that both attacks were not blocked and a wound was still inflicted by both attacks.
I said "the spell was used to block", not that it was successful. Admittedly, this was misleading wording - I'll try to be more clear in the future - but I thought it was understandable in context.

Anyway, the expected value of such an attempt is around 20 (more for Selene, less for Raven). Obviously the value it delivers is zero when you take the wound anyway, and well over 20 when you take no wounds, but it's the expectation that we care about.

Last edited by dok; May 19th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old May 19th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mesmerize

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Doctor Strange (300), Mesmerize (20) (320) VS Abomination (Hasbro) (320)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Strange (300), Mesmerize (30) (330) VS Mary Marvel (330)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Strange (300), Mesmerize (30) (330) VS Mary Marvel (330)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Selene (360), Jubilee (60), Mesmerize (20) (440) VS Wolverine (280), Wild Child (160) (440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Selene (360), Jubilee (60), Mesmerize (30) (450) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260) (450)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Selene (360), Jubilee (60), Mesmerize (30) (450) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260) (450)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: So 5-1 overall here, 2-0 at 20 points, and 3-1 at 30 points. It’s definitely a very useful spell. It doesn’t automatically block an attack, but will allow the MD figure to block it a majority of the time. 25 really feels like the floor here, and I'd be much more comfortable with 30-35. 40 doesn't seem out of the question either.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library