Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 13th, 2019, 12:58 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ninjak (Public Testing)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ninjak

Army Test
Map: Ticallan Tower (ARV Maps, No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (720): Ninjak (230), Abigail Brand (170), Beast (170), Scarlet Spiders (150)
Team 2 (720): Flash (Jay Garrick) (220), Flash (Wally West) (280), Flash (John Fox) (220)

Wounds Dealt: 9
Tactical Pressure: 6 activations, 1 turns stolen, 2 blanks changed
Precision Shuriken: 11 uses, 6 auto-wounds inflicted
Spoiler Alert!

A pretty tight game, with Ninjak really stepping up to bat, using his SA to get past the enemy’s tight defenses.

Army Test
Map: Ticallan Tower (ARV Maps, No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (840): Ninjak (230), Captain America (240), Bucky (60), Guile (130), Sharon Carter (90), Dum Dugan (90)
Team 2 (840): Ra’s Al Ghul II (260), Ubu (100), Bullseye (175), Kitana (185), Typhoid Mary (120)

Wounds Dealt: 6
Tactical Pressure: 3 activations, 4 turns stolen, 2 blanks changed
Precision Shuriken: 2 uses, 1 auto-wounds inflicted
Spoiler Alert!

This is the tale of a man by the name of Dum Dum Dugan…
Ninjak was solid here, dealing out plenty of wounds and giving some options to who I wanted to take a turn with. He just couldn’t match the power of Dum Dum.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Cool stuff. He pretty much sits exactly in the intersection of ninja, secret agent, and Batman. Some random notes;
-He can’t Phantom Walk and move through figures like other ninjas can. Don’t know if that’s thematic or not, but it did come up a few times during my games. Makes him feel more like Batman and less like a floaty ghost.
-I played on a fairly flat map, so the climbing never came up. It doesn’t match with the climbing abilities like Expert Climbing exactly, but I don’t know that it needs to.
-During my first game I found the 4 space limit to be a bit limiting and found myself thinking I might just ignore the power in some situations in exchange for just sending him off on his own. But in the second game where there were less options for turn choices I found it much easier to swallow. It ensures he always wants to be in the fray, and can do a little bit to deter opponents from going after your easy-to-wound units early in the round.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He’s pretty good, but I’d hardly say overpowered. I think game 1 was a very good matchup for him, but in game two you see more of what he looks like on average.
Not sure the power usage stats I recorded are 100% correct but they're pretty close.
Old July 16th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ninjak

Army Test
Map: A Couple Puddles
Units: Ninjak, Captain America C3G, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Miles Morales (1000) VS Fantastic 4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Ninjak, Captain America C3G, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Miles Morales (1000) VS Fantastic 4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Ninjak, Sinestro, Sinestro Corps Soldier x2 (780) VS The Tick, The Crow, Spawn (790)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Felt balanced. Precision Shuriken is a really nifty power, with long range too. Tactical Pressure offers additional offense and can combo well with figures like Captain America who want a revealed OM on their card, but the low range limits its usefulness unless you really plan ahead. His movement ability basically gives him stealth flying on an average map (with some differences obv.). Despite these benefits he offers relatively low attack power for his cost, so overall he’s balanced IMO. He never felt overwhelming nor too weak. The 6 defense is handy. He offers consistent wounds with the shurikens and can transition into a more powerful attacker when Tactical Pressure is on.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Really fun design, I liked this guy a lot. He played pretty much exactly like I would expect a ninja to play.
Old July 16th, 2019, 01:03 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay, so if Ninjak is moving up to terrain that is one level higher than him, how many movement points does that cost? I played it as costing the regular 2, but it looks like you basically played it like Flying?
Old July 16th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

1 space higher costs 2, 2 spaces higher costs 3, 3 spaces higher costs 4, and 4 spaces higher costs 2 is how I read it.
Old July 16th, 2019, 01:56 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Hmm, I guess I did play it incorrectly. I thought it worked like Expert Climbing but I see now the wording for Expert Climbing is different.
Old July 16th, 2019, 02:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I read it as every four levels up cost 1 move, then the move over still cost 1. So moving up 1 level doesn't get you any discount, it still cost 2 total. When going 2-4 levels up, it also only cost 2. At levels 5-8, the cost would be 3, 9-12, the cost is 4, etc.
Old July 16th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do you feel like the accidental added mobility influenced your tests much Archie? I'm generally thinking of upping his Tactical Pressure's area of trigger to 6 so that both abilities match.

He's looking 6-1 though, which isn't ideal. But, most all of the wins are pretty close wins, save the one I played vs the Fan 4 where they were rolling bad.
Old July 16th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Archie

It would have given him an extra Shuriken attack early on. After that the extra move wasn't a big help so I doubt it would have changed much.
Old July 16th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Also, Yodaking is correct on how the elevation changes are intended to work. Anything 1-4 costs 1 for the movement up and 1 for the space itself. So 1-4 = 2 spaces 5-8 = 3.

I may trchnically need an ignore his height when climbing clause I think, as the intent is he should be able to scale castles. Any thoughts on if upping the pressure range should goose the point cost with the current win/loss record?
Old July 16th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Just A Head

I think the difference between 4 and 6 spaces is negligible, at least from my experience playing him.

If the Climbing wording is confusing people, that may be something worth looking at.
Old July 16th, 2019, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You already have an ignore this figures height clause in the power.

Regardless of how close the wins were, 6-1 is still 6-1 and shows he's already solid as is if not under priced slightly. If you want to increase the range of the aura power, then for sure he'll need an accompanying point increase. So you could try calling for a vote at 240 with range 6 aura and see if that can pass without more testing or not.
Old July 16th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, that movement bit isn't coming across as is, but I'm not really sure how to word it better yet. I'll think on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library