Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

Assuming that non-Glyph Healing beats out the TG, I assume that means Healing Power, Legendary Creature X, and Carry for the powers then?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 28th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Looks that way to me. Pretty clean. What do you say, @johnny139 ?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The next step would be to call out for more specific designs - which I would HEAVILY ADVISE include a non-Glyph Healing Power and Legendary Creature X. Carry, being a somewhat-distant third, is not as important to have, and there's some flexibility there to allow for leaner, more focused designs.

Sorry about dropping the ball a bit with this and the Kobolds - there was a lot of discussion about what direction the project should head in in general and after that trailed off I never got around to picking things back up.
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:34 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

No worries. It's a team project, and the whole team sort of petered off.

I really like the idea of just Heal and Legendary Creature. Heal will probably get a bit wordy and I'd just as soon not see this card clogged up with a third power that will have to be very limited to keep thematic.

I would like to see him have a good attack, too.

5/8/1/5/4/~140?

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Personally, I'd like a limited carry - it would encourage you to take the unicorn with more thematic units (maybe a Jandar/Ullar restriction?) and also make it more useful - if it can act as a hero's ride and healer, that would be perfect in my opinion.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:40 PM

So to make his heal effective, but not too expensive, what about a Witherwood-esque single shot power that's very likely to succeed?
Quote:
Restorative Horn
Chose a figure adjacent to the Unicorn. If you roll a 7 on the d20 remove all wound markers from that figure's card. If the targeted figure is (Valiant/Jandar/Ullar/whatever) you may add 6 to your roll. Unicorn may only use this once per game.
Then he can still afford decent base stats as well. And maybe to keep him from being too scared of Leaving Engagement attacks give him 6 life but only 3 defense. + Legendary Creature 3 should be pretty boss.

6/8/1/5/3/~140?

Last edited by Killometer; February 4th, 2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Did we want to make a unit cheaper than Kelda, @Killometer ? I have no problem with it at all. Making it a filler-ish unit (like Sonya or the MWs) would certainly make it playable.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 4th, 2015, 05:32 PM

I'd rather pay more for a strong healer that's capable outside that role than less for a weak, limited healer. I'd like to see it tough enough, a good enough healer, and priced well to want to work into, say, a Braxas army, but not so cheap to be an auto-add parked in a ranged pod.

To be in the 40-50 point range it would have to be fragile, and have healing that is either unreliable (17+), very limited (Valiant/? only), or low power (1 wound at a time), or some combination thereof.

And tbh, I may have his initial price a bit high, but I'd rather trim it down through playtesting than have to raise it.

Though thinking about it, it might benefit from some limitation:

Quote:
Restorative Horn
Chose a figure adjacent to the Unicorn. If you roll a 7 or higher on the d20 remove all wound markers from that figure's card. If the targeted figure is [Valiant/Jandar/Ullar/whatever] you may add 6 to your roll. If the targeted figure is [Undead/Soulborg/Utgar/Valkrill] subtract 6 from your roll. Unicorn may only use this once per game.

Old February 4th, 2015, 06:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I may have missed the "remove all wound markers" bit on the first reading. Either way, it still isn't going to be worth much more than Kelda, which is a good thing.

If we want to go the remove all wounds route, we'll have to take into account the big bad units like Charos. It shouldn't be an issue either way.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I'd rather pay more for a strong healer that's capable outside that role than less for a weak, limited healer.
Ditto - if we're doing a unicorn, that's definitely the direction I want to go.
That said, I would probably go for a weaker, consistant and re-usable healing instead, though there is part of me that likes this version.

Another question is whether this is going to be a Unique or Uncommon Hero. Without a doubt, I vote Unique - I like the idea of this being a specific character of a unique race, in the same vein as classics like Theracus and Brunak

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If we want to go the remove all wounds route, we'll have to take into account the big bad units like Charos.
Those'd be the most fun.

Actually, I figure the way I have him envisioned those are exactly the types of unit's he'll pair best with. Lower life heroes that will rarely need more than ~2 wounds healed (Q brothers, Hydra) will still stick with Kelda's ability to generally heal fewer wounds more often.

Braxas
GSW x3
Unicorn
~510/13

Edit: Back to him being an effective healer, he'd have to be unique, imo.

Old February 4th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I could go

That'd be an interesting army, Killo.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards