Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker
Re: Lord Dragonix's Superheroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Just wondering, what is the reasoning behind Cyclops having Double attack?
As I said, when I think of this Cyclops I think of the 90s cartoon Cyclops first. There is one scene in the first season where Callisto leader of the Morlocks has kidnapped Cyclops and Jean where she plays a video (how she got it I have no idea) where Cyclops is just holding his ground blasting Sentinel after Sentinel after Sentinel. His display interested her so much that she kidnapped him to be her co-ruler of the Morlocks, even knowing his power will stop working if he spends all his time underground.

A better explanation is that Cyclops can continuously fire his optic blasts at low or medium power for quite a while without tiring. All he would have to do to break up his beam to hit multiple targets is quickly shut and then reopen his visor. I also assume that if official Iron Man can shoot quickly enough to attack twice in one turn, then Cyclops, whose entire power is about energy blasts, should as well. I suppose he doesn't need this power to be Cyclops but then Iron Man really doesn't need it either. Finally, I hate squadscape's dominance, and I want as many heroes as possible able to kill multiple squaddies per turn.

Modern Cyclops doesn't have Double Attack because I wanted to tone that aspect down a little and focus on his leadership status.
Old July 4th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

Every organization needs cannon fodder!
Bring on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers!

The minis: Mostly just face repaints and a few touch ups here and there. I used a variety of skintones and hair colors on these Heroclix figures, trying to bring in a little variation. I have a few more ready to go, but I haven't based them yet.

The card: I think I made them Medium 4 because that's what the Krav Maga were. Their points and stats were purposely made to not diverge too far from classic scape's squads.

Human Commander bonding allows these guys and gals to take a turn with my Nick Fury, Iron Patriot, and Agent Brand. When I get the new Maria Hill figure, they will be able to take a turn with her as well. I might even make a Director Stark variation on Iron Man some day.

Helicarrier Reinforcements blends zombie rebirth with Airborne Elite dropping. A few restrictions on overhangs, glyphs, and having at least one still alive keeps it from being overpowered. That, and needing at least an 18 on the 20-sider for success.

The "One Man," himself, Nick Fury!

The mini: A full painting of the Handful of Heroes miniature, I admit it is a little lacking. I hope to eventually go back and paint a little more detail on Fury. Painted with: Skintone, Cobalt Blue, White, Brown Oxide, Black, and Silver Sterling.

The card: SHIELD Special Ordinance is a variation of Deadeye Dan's special attack. I made sure it was clear about receiving auto-shields, even though most auto-shield powers state that you get them after rolling defense dice.

The One Man's name came from my one Secret Warriors trade that I have. At the end of it, Steve Rogers tells Nick Fury that while others may consider Cap to be the One Man, Fury is one as well. The idea being: the One Man is the guy you would follow anywhere or lay down your life fighting for. I also liked how D&D figures were starting to use the X Order Marker, so I wanted a few Marvel figures to use that theme as well.

Get the Job Done is wholly about Nick's command status within SHIELD. When Nick Fury says to go to work and stop kiddin' around , you do it!

His stats otherwise stay close to Red Skull's. However, the mix of abilities on his card can greatly influence your army's performance given the right build, and his Special Ordinance can even punch through Galactus's defenses. So, his point cost remains fairly high, despite average stats.
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Nice pull from Cap. gravity feed!

I was looking at Black Pantehr, since I'm hunting a mini for him (there's gonna be one in Cap, yes!), and noticed he is quite simple. I don't know much about him, but oes he really associate with shadow that much? Just wondering. COunter Strike and Coward's are perfect.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Nice pull from Cap. gravity feed!

I was looking at Black Pantehr, since I'm hunting a mini for him (there's gonna be one in Cap, yes!), and noticed he is quite simple. I don't know much about him, but oes he really associate with shadow that much? Just wondering. COunter Strike and Coward's are perfect.
He is a black panther. Like any predatory cat, he would stick to using his camouflage and then strike when least expected.

Seriously though, he is a melee figure wearing all black, why wouldn't he get additional bonuses when sticking to the shadows? Think of the country he is from, a country with a lot of jungle. The low lying areas of jungle and rainforest are usually very dark, so it would make sense if the Wakandan style of combat understood and utilized this. Also, he is really sneaky in both Ultimate Avengers 2 and the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoons.
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I see your point, but I think 1 shadow power is enough. Maybe a more unique combat ability. But again, it's your custom, do what you want.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM

Technically, they could be seen as a single power. But, since I had already used each of these powers on other cards, I just copied them when putting them on Black Panther. If I did condense them or throw one out, then I probably would not add any other powers. No real need to get complicated with a character like Black Panther. At least, not until there are some Wakandan warriors to customize into a squad.
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM

M Day hasn't happened yet, but beware the potential of the Scarlet Witch!

The Mini: I never liked the half naked look that the Heroclix figure originally had, so eventually I had the bright idea to paint her other costume style instead. There is no major difference between the two styles other than the under layer of the costume. The under-costume, flesh, and hair areas were all properly painted, but the red areas of her costume were only given a light coating of paint which allowed the original colors to show through somewhat. This created a nice layered effect of reds which looked too nice to keep painting over with subsequent layers.

The Card: I didn't want to have a lot of powers on her card so I focused solely on her chaos manipulation. I know that she has some degree of control over how her powers act, but I thought it fit better in Heroscape to have her power hitting over a range of possible effects. The final effect of destroying all nearby destructible objects was inspired by how she was in X:MEN Legends 2 on PS2.

Scarlet Witch has no range other than in her power, because I wanted her mutant power to be solely represented by her Special Power. Otherwise she just has basic melee fighting skills to fall back on.

He has a sometimes creepy relationship with his sister; you guessed it, it's Quicksilver!

The Mini: Just a face repaint of the Heroclix figure. However while debasing him from the Heroclix base he broke off at the ankle instead of the bottom of his foot. So, there was a little repair work with superglue on this mini.

The Card: He can move really fast and then attack once. Or, he can already be in position and then land a flurry of blows on one or multiple figures over a whole area.

His attack and defense stats are higher because I felt more comfortable having his mutant abilities incorporated into his close combat style than I did with Scarlet Witch.

Bonus Figure of the Day: Meet Doc Samson!

The Mini: This was an ugly Heroclix mini which I didn't plan on using much, so it just got the basic skin areas repainted.

The Card: I wanted him to be a kind of Hulk Jr., so his stats are sort of Hulk Lite. I always feel like I have overpointed him (they are so high because of his affect on the Incredible Hulk,) but I don't think I have ever actually played with this figure to know. As you might have guessed, I am not very familiar with this character and don't like him much otherwise.

Finally, I thought I would post Nightcrawler as he is after going through the NM24 process. I see no reason to delete the older version, so they remain as an example to those interested in the NM24 process's results.

Edit: I just noticed that War Machine was posted at his 240 point version. After playing with him a bit, I had decided to up his points to 260. So, I just edited the card and replaced the previous version.

Thomas Edison: Religion is all bunk.
George Carlin: Religion is just mind control.
Thomas Jefferson: It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.

Last edited by Lord Dragonix; July 28th, 2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: War Machine Updated
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Looks nice. I wish I could paint my figs as well as you! Question on thors card though, don't you think 12 is a bit much? I mean, Thor has tangoed with so many dudes... wouldn't it be easier to just zap em'?
Old April 22nd, 2017, 10:16 PM

Life started happening and I found myself with little time or room for Heroscape. However, my interest in Heroscape has recently reawakened, so I thought I would start sharing and reworking my customs. It's been so long now, I doubt I'll remember exactly what I was thinking when I designed my customs. But, if anyone has a specific question about anything I share, I'll try to answer. Otherwise, I'll just be sharing cards for now. Perhaps later I will start showing the customized figures again.

Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Welcome back. Good stuff!
Old April 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM

Here are some more Street Fighter customs:

Blanka

Chun-Li

Vega
Old April 30th, 2017, 03:05 AM

And yet more Street Fighter guys...

The mission starts with Guile:

And leads to the "Red Cyclone," The Soviet Terror, Zangief:

And ends with the World Warrior himself, Ryu:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations