Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quality of sculpts/care

This isn't a rant about scapes mini's or anything, I actually love all the figures, which stay together that is. Due to the sheer number of figured I have I organize my figures by army in general specific boxes(utgar gets two, one with large one with small and meds). I treat figures with a lot of care and others do too because of how much money I sank into my collection. To my huge dissapointment I found that after a good five or six months, my ashigura spear mens spears broke. I always really hated how flimsy their spears were(same with the cavalrys, but those were a good bit sturdier). I'm going to get another squad I think(anyone have any for trade) because you don't feel good with Kato commanding a bunch of broken speared warriors.

My question is, do you think I should store them seperately? Any way to reinforce this particular very lazy sculpt anomaly? Should I also store cavalry seperately, because I sure would hate to see if those somehow got broken..
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart
Re: Quality of sculpts/care

If you REALLY don't want them to break, store each figure in seperate bullet-proof glass casing with a tempurature controlled enviroment.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well yes. Obviously it would be fine if I designated a special box for them, but there are already so many between the other armies.
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:54 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

I store all of mine in one big box, and the only damage has been a sniper coming off of his base.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
I store all of mine in one big box, and the only damage has been a sniper coming off of his base.
Same here. What is sometimes a good idea is to put the flimsier figures closer to the top so the have less pressure on them.
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

I use divided Plano fishing takle boxes or simular craft style boxes. I seperate the figures by General and Squads (Example: Utgar all in one box divided up into each squad in seperate spaces). This seems to work fine for me. I found some real nice boxes at Joanne's Fabric. They are deeper than most others I've seen. They can be a little pricey but they have 40% - 50% off of them quite often or coupons for 40% off single items in their ads.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM

Thats not a bad idea rshorton. I have so many figures I'm not sure if it's worth it to redo my setup or just suck it up and store the flimsy spearmen elsewhere
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:38 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Flimsy parts are helped by being stored upright. I've got all my minis in drawers to prevent bending. When I first started, everybody was just tossed into a large Ziploc bag, then two, and then I got fed up with the bending and bought a three drawer storage unit designed to hold office supplies. Big figures get the bottom drawers, where they're laid down.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:06 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually kept the plastic forms that my SOTM came in and that helped but was a complete pain.
I've started using the base of boxes so people can see in them and realize I want them to be careful.
Each general also has its own base (Utgar split into two, Marro and other) and all figures are standing upright.
No breakage yet (knock on wood).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

I bought some of those clear plastic drawers for my figs. They are in a stack of 3 and I have 1 drawer per expansion. That way there are not alot of figures per drawer and it is very easy to locate which one I need. The 3 big figure sets are in a plastic box by themselves. One of my spears broke as well, super glue fixed that.

I like the tackle box idea but I have way to many figures to buy that many boxes.

I like Facts.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Here is one good thread on storage solutions.

There are roughly one billion more, if you click on the 'search' button and use the search term "storage." Then, and this is the part that makes it work, in the appropriate drop down menu tell it you want to look for your search term "in thread titles," not in the threads themselves.

I use reusable food storage containers & various sized plastic baggies, with many of the large figures just sitting on the shelf staring down at me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

I put all of mine on a bookshelf, each planet gets a different shelf.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion