Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old August 29th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Gamebooks

I've published a gamebook in the tradition of the old Fighting Fantasy books. It's called Quest for a Cure and it uses a 3D6 engine. You can buy it really cheap on Amazon for the Kindle (you don't need a Kindle to read it; you can just read it on a computer). Amazon Prime members can borrow it for free.

Here's the link!
http://amzn.to/188Q0Xg

Old June 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM

bluesage01 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Re: Gamebooks

Thank you.
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Gamebooks

I missed this the first time around. I'm not familiar with the book series you reference, so I'll check it out on the lending library.

Quick semi-related question, TW--does Amazon compensate authors for the lending library borrows, and if so how do they calculate how much to give you?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fighting Fantasy is an excellent series of choose your own adventure books where you have a character with hit points and have to battle your way through the story.

They were written by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston. The cool thing is the genre changed from book to book. Many were medieval based but there were pirate, samurai, superhero and future(space) settings. You might be a fighter or a wizard, or a road warrior like Mad Max or an entire away team like Star Trek. One was set in a modern day where your car breaks down in a storm and you end up at this freaky house of horrors. In that one you could die either from damage or from fear itself.
The books dominated my youth and I still have the first 20 or so in my collection. Check them out.

I need to order TWs book. I am intrigued by his combat system.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I missed this the first time around. I'm not familiar with the book series you reference, so I'll check it out on the lending library.

Quick semi-related question, TW--does Amazon compensate authors for the lending library borrows, and if so how do they calculate how much to give you?
My understanding is that you don't get compensated for borrows.

Old June 9th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had heard elsewhere that they thoight you did. Well, let's test that. Assuming you can check a realtime balance, do so sometime today. I'll borrow it tomorrow and maybe the balance will go up.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:36 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Fighting Fantasy is an excellent series of choose your own adventure books where you have a character with hit points and have to battle your way through the story.

They were written by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston. The cool thing is the genre changed from book to book. Many were medieval based but there were pirate, samurai, superhero and future(space) settings. You might be a fighter or a wizard, or a road warrior like Mad Max or an entire away team like Star Trek. One was set in a modern day where your car breaks down in a storm and you end up at this freaky house of horrors. In that one you could die either from damage or from fear itself.
The books dominated my youth and I still have the first 20 or so in my collection. Check them out.

I need to order TWs book. I am intrigued by his combat system.
I didn't realize there was a series until recently but I remember finding one in a school book fair and thought it was cool...bet I went through that book 50 times during long summer car trips as a boy. Had I known there were more I would have probably looked for them. The one I had, you were kidnaped and then trained for some king or something to compete in some combat maze contest thing...that's mainly what I remember although I have specific memories of some of the fighters and stuff you faced so there was definately a lasting impression. I may have to look into some of those super hero ones that were mentioned.

I may be looking into TW's book as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Deathtrap Dungeon or the sequel Trial of the Champions. Two of my absolute favorites in the series. In fact I used them as a base for my own dungeon for RPG play, using some of the illustrations for visual aids for some of the rooms.
I think my favorite was City of Thieves but most of them were quite cool. There was one where you were a super hero and there were different types of powers/abilities you could have. I read it for a book report.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Deathtrap Dungeon or the sequel Trial of the Champions. Two of my absolute favorites in the series. In fact I used them as a base for my own dungeon for RPG play, using some of the illustrations for visual aids for some of the rooms.
I think my favorite was City of Thieves but most of them were quite cool. There was one where you were a super hero and there were different types of powers/abilities you could have. I read it for a book report.
Read it for a book report? Lucky.
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:32 PM

I think I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time and she was an art teacher at heart so she was quite flexible on such matters.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It was trial of champions...thanks. It was a blast. I may have to look into the Super Hero one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:31 PM

I played through the super hero one. I may still have it, as I have a collection of them sitting in a box in the garage. I remember playing as a character that could generate electricity. In one scene, you save people from a shark by hitting it with lightning, but then they get mad at you for killing the poor shark! It was a fun and wacky book.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games