Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 20th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Morsbane

Not sure I understand Necro's comment. Topher, you must destroy the fig, but it doesn't cost you a marker. As to which is preferable... dunno. Sometimes knocking out a quarter to a half of an elite squad is better than nullifying it (the Zettian Guards are an obvious example here). For others, you can debate - is a dead Nakita better than a full live team without their specials?

~Aldin, saying before rolling the D20?

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Say an order marker comes up on Morsbane. After moving and attacking, the only target available for the Rod of Negation is one that has already been negated. He wants to take another shot at that figure in hopes of getting a 20 and finishing it off.

1. Can he roll in the first place against an already-negated unit?

2. If he can and does, will he waste a negation marker if he rolls a 16-19 against the unit?
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks to me like yes and yes.

~Aldin, who would kill for a 20

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:29 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I think this guy deserves better than a D+, (though it may have been mentioned) try killing krug, with and without, disabling him.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:24 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
I think this guy deserves better than a D+, (though it may have been mentioned) try killing krug, with and without, disabling him.
Or Braxas.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle:
Or Braxas.
Even better, you'll have a giant walking lizard.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

What does it exactly mean by "Special Powers"?
Does that mean you can only negate your abilities that say special, or
all abilities?

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM

scarecrowking is surprisingly tart

If you roll 16-19, ALL Special Attacks/Powers/Abilities of that card are negated for the remainder of the game no matter how many models are in the squad, and one Negation Marker is taken off of Morsbane's card. If you roll a 20, that individual MODEL is destroyed. Hope that helps.

-scare

When people hear that I watch wrestling, they ask, "You know it's fake, right?" To which I answer, "Yes, but so is American Idol and the nightly news, and look how many idiots watch that."
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
What does it exactly mean by "Special Powers"?
Does that mean you can only negate your abilities that say special, or
all abilities?
Any ability in the left pane of the card is null and void. Flying, special attacks, double attack, climb, stealth dodge...any of them.
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

All I know is I took Morsbane to my first tournament and used him in two of my wins (my losses were just me being overwhelmed and not Morsbane's fault in any way). I can safely say that he was won my first game (rolled a 20 to kill my opponents last figure) and threw a 17 against my opponent's Cyrpien 2 games later taking out the main unit of his army.

So, yes, 100 points is a bit much sometimes and odds are you'll probably only get 1 negation or destruction a game, but if it comes at the right time and against the right character it can be game changing.
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really want to get this guy to work. I mean, he has such a cool idea for a power, but it hardly ever works for me. And the guy I most want to negate, Major Q9, totally owns this guy when he close enough...
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Sometimes, you gotta figure out who you can safely negate and who not. I recommend Krug.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units