Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 31st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: What got you into Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar View Post
My son (who is 28 ) got me interested in this game. Went to visit him recently for a weekend and we ended up playing to the wee hours of the night. I admit that I am now hooked. The game appeals to me for many reasons but the top three are as follows. First, the strategy reminds me of chess which I like to play as well. Second, the variety of units and figures appeals to the wargamer in me. We used to play warhammer but the painting of figures really sucked the fun out of it. Finally, I have a strong collector's spirit and the number of figures and sets gives me a challenge.
I'm always encouraged to find I'm not the only "old" guy around here.
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizziii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyScaper View Post
<snip> and looked like something branching off of D&D (which I don't like at all, because of its heavy bearing in witchcraft and similar things)<snip>
Can't say I've ever played a game of D&D that had witchcraft in it... or anything really familiar to it.
My dad remembers some D&D players at his college that would hang around people that claimed to be witches or wizards or "magic-users" in general.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

My story is boring. I saw a commercial for it. Told my mom it looked cool and I'd like it for Christmas, and I got it for Christmas.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:43 PM

Cyrx Woo who?

I would have to say the figures. I'm a collector and I thought they looked cool. I also like the aspect of table top gaming so that attracted me too.

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

-The Green Lantern's Creed
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:57 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My story is:

I saw the comecial and thought it was cooler than anything. But, I wasn't able to get it til' 2006. I had the master set alone for 2 years. I showed it to my friend and he loved it. So he ordered Swarm of the Marro on accident! So after he got Swarm of the Marro I wanted it. But, I couldn't get it right away. So I started getting expansions. Now, I almost always have a battlefield up! So don't hold back if you want a challenge!...please?

Things in life dissapoint you. Even heroscape...when you notice how light your wallet is.
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Here is my story:
Three days after Heroscape was first released in my area, my family happened to be walking to the registers of ToysRus after picking up some cool Lego sets. As we passed the board game section, my big brother suddenly stopped in his tracks and said "That-Is-AWESOME!" And so, as my father and I turned to see the original Heroscape Master set for the first time, an obsession was born!

LONG LIVE OBSESSION!
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

My brother in law told me that he had purchased my birthday present online and that it wouldn't arrive until 3 days after my birthday. So on the day of my birthday he took me to Walmart to show me what I was going to get. It was MarvelScape. He knew that I love comics and toys, so he figured that he couldn't go wrong there since the sculpts look so good. If the game sucked, at least I would have some cool figures. I thought that it was a good gift and that I would probably enjoy the game anyways. I looked to the left and saw the weirdest figures in the boosters I had ever seen. There were space monkeys, cowboys, samurai, demons and angels. I thought "what the heck is that?" Then I saw the zombies and I fell in love right then and there. I bought the zombies that night and within a month or two had everything else.

I am still buying zombies. I think I have about 350 or so from Heroscape and other games.
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:31 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

I saw the cartoon commercial with SGT Drake about to eat it due to a well thrown German grenade AKA "the potato masher" then poof he is "safe" ( I use the term lightly) in Valhalla. Plus the Marro looked like Zombies and I dig Zombies, so my friend back in the states sent me the starter set while I was on Deployment in Iraq.

"VOR GEBRAUCH SPRENGKAPSEL EINSETZEN"

"Before use insert detonator".

This was stenciled on each explosive charge as a reminder for the user.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually only wanted it originally for the terrain. I play Champions and they use hexes to mark their movement and range for attacks and thought that it would be perfect for that. The miniatures were just a bonus. My wife works at Wal-Mat so I got the RoTV Master set with the Onyx Vipers. I decided to read the rules and I love how it, is in my opinion sort of a cross between Risk and Magic the Gathering. Since then I have added a RttF, 1 Marvelscape set, 1 Minute Men & Wolves, 1 Knights & Swog Rider, 1 Kilts and commandos, 1 set of Zombie, 1 set of shades & orcs, 1 set of Heroes of Nosterland, 1 Heroes of the Molten sea, and 3 sets Gladiators and Agents.
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:44 PM

ACEoSPADES *glass shatters*

My Story:
I saw the commercial back in 04 and was hooked. When I went to wal-mart and saw the price ($45.00) I thought holy crap! I waited until one day I was in a Toy r us, they had a sale on hasbro games buy one get one for free. I convinced my big sister to buy a board game for 40 and I got the first master set for free and was hooked. I have most of the the collections except the 5 flag bearers and one large hero set. Now My wife and I play the game maybe once or twice a week and have our friends and family getting hooked. I just joined this website and it has been a lot of help.
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:04 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart

I first got interested into the game when it was first advertised on TV. I saw it and I got the RotV + Heros of bleakwood for my 13th B-day. after that I only bought Hero sets but as I got older I started to purchas the Ones that I hadent goten, and now my collection is growing at a fast rite, and thats my story

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I saw the commercial on TV often, then forgot about it. A few months later my buddies were talking about playing it the evening earlier, and I wanted to join in. I thoroughly enjoyed it, while they thought it wasn't that sweet at all. I bought a Master Set... and it all went downhill from there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion