Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 17th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

I'm worried it might make them too similar, personally?
Old June 17th, 2020, 03:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

4 life is our standard adult combat ready and tested human, then we go up from there for some humans based on theme. Less than 4 is generally reserved for those who are sickly/physically weak or those we purposely want to down play some in comparison to our standard heroes (like an unnamed uncommon hero).

Combat Dexterity could work for SS if it were only melee attacks IMO. Him moving and slicing seems on point, but not him slicing/moving/shooting an arrow all on the same turn. I guess a thrown star (range 3?) could work as part of the move and attack idea, but the longer range bow attack I would then spin out into a SA that ignored clear sight.
Old June 18th, 2020, 12:56 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No problem, one of my workplaces internet has been down, so that's why it took so long
Life bumped to 4

Quick idea, reversed Combat Training.
Trained Combatant 1 (or different name)
When Storm Shadow attacks a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, add 1 to his Attack number. After attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, Storm Shadow may attack one additional time.

More power on the bow, but only one shot, considering he's probably focusing a lot on the aim, gets across deadly precision, rather than just flying a bunch of arrows out. And then double attack with sword wielding on close range.
Old June 18th, 2020, 11:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that's a good idea. Double attack with the swords or a single strong attack with the Bow makes sense for him.
Old June 19th, 2020, 06:58 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here goes my first full attempt! Hopefully a clean way to get Doombots out of startzones, make them more formidable if Doom dies and leaves Bots behind, get some flavor of Doom as a Sovereign ruler, and help herd the enemy into his Elaborate Pit Traps using fear and mind games.

NAME = DOOMBOT
SECRET IDENTITY = DIPLOMAT

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = ENVOY
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 2

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 140

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY
At the start of the game, for every Doombot in your army, you may choose one Unique Hero you control to have Diplomatic Immunity, as long as one of those Unique Heroes is Doctor Doom. These figures and all Doombots you control are considered to have Diplomatic Immunity until the end of Round 3, or until a figure you control with Diplomatic Immunity has targeted a figure, glyph or destructible object your opponent controls for an Attack, Special Power, or Special Ability. Figures with Diplomatic Immunity cannot be targeted for Attacks, Special Powers or Special Abilities by any figure, glyph or destructible object an opponent controls.

DOOM DEPLOY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a normal turn with this figure, you may do one of the following:
Move any 3 Doctor Doom or Doombot figures you control.
Make a Normal Attack with any 3 Doctor Doom or Doombot figures you control.
Switch this Doombot with a Doctor Doom you control with Diplomatic Immunity.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

His point cost seems like it might be kind of low, but to get full use of his points, you'd need to already invest a minimum of 470-680 points, IMO. Tried to make sure Diplomatic Immunity offered the option of protecting Kristoff or a future Victorious, or anyone else who might be synergetic, but also, give the option of leaving part of the army as a big target for those first three rounds, like The Hulk.
3 Rounds of immunity might seem long, but I also want the enemy to wonder when the first act of war might happen. I actually wish I could do it without a limit, but that could get boring. I could see Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach vs Doctor Doom, Doombot and Doombot (Diplomat), and team Doom staying Immune for 12 rounds until Manhattan is Maximum Apathetic. I do think that would be a fun match-up though.
I limited the switching of Doctor with Diplomat to only when Doom has Immunity, because that eliminates the need to clarify that he would not take leaving engagement attacks.
Old June 19th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Interesting second power. Is it meant to let you attack with Doom and 2 Doombots?
Old June 19th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's the intention. Maybe it needs to say "Any combination of up to 3 Doctor Doom and Doombot figures."?
Old June 19th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The wording on Diplomatic Immunity is a bit tough to parse. Are you meant to only be able to choose one Unique Hero to protect for all Doombots? Or are you able to choose on per Doombot?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 19th, 2020, 01:49 PM
C3G Landlord

I like the idea of making the Doombots more useful as early game attackers and not just left in the SZ as an escape hatch. Not as excited about a power that prevents me from attacking any of my opponents figures until round 3. Seems like it would just drag the game out longer while we spend 3 rounds trying to gain board control without fighting. I think the point our story picks up (ie. R1), diplomacy has failed and the fight breaks out.
Old June 19th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The wording on Diplomatic Immunity is a bit tough to parse. Are you meant to only be able to choose one Unique Hero to protect for all Doombots? Or are you able to choose on per Doombot?
The wording on Decoy of Doom for the 95pt Doombot specifies that you roll once for all Doombots each time Doom is destroyed. By having a Doombot with the Identity of a Diplomat, this allows the Diplomat to be destroyed as a Decoy as long as there is one 95pt Doombot on the battlefield. Thus, the Opponent would still be incentivized to kill 95pt Doombots first.

Similarly, the wording of Diplomatic Immunity grants all 95pt Doombots Diplomatic Immunity as long as it is in effect. DI is an insurance, that as long as the first Doombot Diplomat covers Doctor Doom, you may cover one additional unique hero (Kristoff, Victorious, etc.) for every 95pt Doombot or additional Diplomat.

One might want additional Diplomats to be able to cover the map early in game, so as to give the real Doctor Doom options as to where he can switch places with Doom Deploy, shepherding the enemy into potential traps or ushering the enemy into the direction he wishes, or also if one finds the extra points worth the half-bonding they have with Deploy.

I assume the most basic strategy would be to move the Diplomat and two 95pt Doombots out and around the map, Doctor Doom in the SZ, then switching Doom with the Diplomat, so now the "real" Doctor Doom is in deep, while Diplomat can more safely command other Doombots from his throne in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the idea of making the Doombots more useful as early game attackers and not just left in the SZ as an escape hatch. Not as excited about a power that prevents me from attacking any of my opponents figures until round 3. Seems like it would just drag the game out longer while we spend 3 rounds trying to gain board control without fighting. I think the point our story picks up (ie. R1), diplomacy has failed and the fight breaks out.
I can see 3 Rounds being too long, but to me, 1 Round is too short. May as well just have Kristoff use Vapors of Valtor for 35 pts then.
To me, a couple or few tense rounds of trying to gain board control is exciting, because Doom can commit an "act of war" at any point before that round limit is up.
I say allow at least 2 rounds of "Cold War/Arms Racing."
Doom tends to either lure his enemies into false senses of security, or demand through intimidation before striking.

Against him, he might surround you with three Doombots, and you may call his bluff to disengage; he may decide not to roll for 3 leaving engagement attacks because he is still planning holding onto that peace for the time being. You may feel safer moving within 4 spaces of Doctor Doom because you are counting on him not rolling for Elaborate Pit Trap yet. Essentially, you the opponent is also going to want the peace to last as long as possible to gain the best footing one can, or hope you can entice him to strike before the iron is truly hot.

Love this bit from the Latverian History entry:
"The Avengers questioned whether or not they should intervene. On Thor's suggestion, they sought the help of omniscient Asgardian god Heimdall, who informed the heroes that if they acted against Doom, they would win the battle but lose the war."

Examples of Doom's Diplomacy:
Welcoming the FF in his Latverian Embassy in NY

Welcoming whoever to Latveria

Defending himself against Superman using International law

"Negotiating"

Silent negotiating through intimidation

Verbal negotiation against overwhelming force

I could also see maybe no round limit, but as long as Diplomatic Immunity is in effect, any opponent who is not a Criminal or Terrorist must roll the D20 to see if they can "declare war" first.
Old June 19th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Casing the Corners

Or possibly, a round limit, but during those initial rounds, only Criminals and Terrorists can target Immune figures without those figures losing Immunity to other figures.
Old June 19th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

In my experience, combat usually begins (in most games) at the end of Round 1 or beginning of Round 2, just depending on army speed and map size. So if it's 3 rounds long, you'll probably be looking at ~2 rounds where attacking is denied.

I'd definitely remove this bit;
Quote:
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY
At the start of the game, for every Doombot in your army, you may choose one Unique Hero you control to have Diplomatic Immunity, as long as one of those Unique Heroes is Doctor Doom. These figures and all Doombots you control are considered to have Diplomatic Immunity until the end of Round 3, or until a figure you control with Diplomatic Immunity has targeted a figure, glyph or destructible object your opponent controls for an Attack, Special Power, or Special Ability. Figures with Diplomatic Immunity cannot be targeted for Attacks, Special Powers or Special Abilities by any figure, glyph or destructible object an opponent controls.
We actually had to change Chucky a while back, because he was proving too powerful and unfun in his ability to clog up enemy plans. This would give you multiple Chuckies that could move up in unison, so I think it's important that you can't just use them as a screen while one of your units blasts away for a round or two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy