Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Going about a 3v1 scenario.

I've introduced my friends to Heroscape, and they've played on a couple of maps. Fun times were had. Dirty jokes were made. Marvel characters were used (don't hate, it adds a certian element of fun to the game).

For my next few games (I play a map 3 or four times before I tear it up) I'd like to try something I haven't tried before. I'd like to collect all my Marro characters (which is two sets of SotM + one of everything but the dog things) and make a scenario where the goal is for the other three players to eliminate all the opposing forces.

My idea is to have almost a campaign style map with a few marro squads in front, a hive in the middle with a couple of heroes and squads, and a hive way in the back corner with the rest of the heroes and squads (and whatever has been regenerated). I'd also like to have a Glyph of Zelrig in the other back corner as a sort of win condition for the attacking players (the glyps summons the dragon to fight for the attackers, giving them an advantage I think would decidedly tip the scales).

Point-wise, I figure I let my three players each draft an army equal to 1/3 of the points my army contains. Turn wise, I was just going to use three sets of order markers, while they each used one. The map would be covered with a couple of sets worth of TJ, adding a gurella feel to the
whole thing.

What is a good strategy to make this idea work? With the hives all in back, I figure that the advantage of me regenerating a bunch of squad units is offset by the fact that my forces are split up across half the map. I'd like the game to have a kind of gurilla feel to it. I don't see anything inherently wrong with the way order markers and points are distributed. Is there anything I'm not considering?

I'd appreciate any advice people could offer.
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:42 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Going about a 3v1 scenario.

Awwww, come on. Nothing?
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:34 AM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Hi Shultzy, I don't play scenarios, so I've got little advice to offer on that front. However, it sounds like you really just want to play kill'em all 6-up, where you control 3 armies, and your friends control 3 as allies (their units are formally considered friendly at the start of the game). I've never played that way either, but I can picture it being pretty straight forward.

Seems to me you'd want to make a diamond shaped map, so you could put your hive in the start zone in such a way that you'd have line of site at least into the middle of the map. Your friends would be in left, center, and right field so to speak. With the 2nd Hive in the middle, it would need to be just a terrain object under normal rules as it isn't in your start zone. But you can house rule whatever you want I guess so long as the other players agree.

Ultimately, I think you just need to build and play it and see how it goes. If the first attempt feels unbalanced, ask yourself what caused that and adjust. The one thing I'd make sure to watch is that your friends don't get bored while you take 3 turns to their 1 turn each.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tannergx; January 13th, 2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM

ForTheGem14 Woo who?

I have played many 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 1 games before and the way we always did it was set the points to a somewhat even amount, then give both teams an even amount of order markers to use .

hope this helps,

dollardouble.web.com
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You've got the right idea. Go with equal points between the factions and control the same number of Order Markers. Equal turns is more important than equal points in Heroscape, (though not entirely paramount of course).

Stagger the turns between sides so they get an OM to every one of yours (as opposed to '3 in a row them, then 3 in a row you').

And make sure the map is big enough to have about 6 spaces between their armies, and 12-18 spaces between yours and theirs. Two central hills (with a little crevasse running between them) would make for some interesting decisions.

You're on the right track. Have fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios