Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2024, 12:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
I don't think "any excess shields" plays especially nice with powers that negate damage based on number of shields rolled, but I do like removing the d20 roll.
Right, right, good point. There would need to be tweaking of that language to capture the intent.

Parry and Strike
When rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Duelist A rolls 2 or more shields, Duelist A takes no damage and you may place Duelist A on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, and you rolled more shields than the attacker rolled skulls, the attacking figure receives 1 wound.

Something like that. Thanks, Skywhale, that makes sense, and I am glad to see you posting in my little hobby horse thread. Thoughts?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 19th, 2024, 12:46 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

It's a bit unconventional, but I like the way it gets around the excess shield issue! Calling your opponent "the attacker" may not be standard phrasing, but this ought to at least make the intent clear.

May also want to add whether or not this movement triggers Leaving Engagement Attacks.
Old January 19th, 2024, 01:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
It's a bit unconventional, but I like the way it gets around the excess shield issue! Calling your opponent "the attacker" may not be standard phrasing, but this ought to at least make the intent clear.

May also want to add whether or not this movement triggers Leaving Engagement Attacks.
Right, right, the Blade Dancers include that line, and so should this. Meanwhile, we don't know if any of this workshopping is even welcome. But just in case:
Parry and Strike
When rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Duelist A rolls 2 or more shields, Duelist A takes no damage and you may place Duelist A on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, and you rolled more shields than the adjacent figure rolled skulls, the attacking figure receives 1 wound. Duelist A does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Parry and Strike.
Ok. As usual, I started with a simple idea, and rational and helpful feedback from clever people has made it something complicated. That's ok! It's how it should be. Thank you, Skywhale. @Iron Clubber , is this helpful at all? Thank you for sharing your cool idea. I hope I have not mangled it too much with my feedback. Let me know if you would prefer to workshop something closer to your original idea, though I am fond of where this conversation led us.

= =
Old January 22nd, 2024, 06:26 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Upon reflection, I've decided what I wrote earlier was irrelevant, so I deleted it.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 23rd, 2024 at 09:51 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 10:44 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I hope this is an appropriate question:

HAND CANNON
When Captain Xue attacks, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever was rolled.

I'm wondering how to add to the roll depending on how much closer the target is to Captain Xue. That is, for example, adding six to the roll if adjacent.

Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I think the power is fine as is. With that power name I think the theme works well enough at whatever range without having to add lots of text to the power. Is there something particular you want to get out of it?

= =
Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:16 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think the power is fine as is. With that power name I think the theme works well enough at whatever range without having to add lots of text to the power. Is there something particular you want to get out of it?
You are undoubtedly right. Thanks again.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 24th, 2024 at 10:23 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

My pleasure. Thank you for sharing your customs with us.

= =
Old January 31st, 2024, 09:22 PM

Well met!

Replacing this

MASTER AT ARMS
When Jaquen Hightower rolls attack or defense dice against a normal attack, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull or shield, respectively, to whatever is rolled.

with this, less powerful version - maybe

MASTER AT ARMS
When Jaquen Hightower rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Jaquen Hightower rolls attack dice, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Thought maybe nerfing it could be done with less verbiage?

Thanks!

Old February 1st, 2024, 12:32 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I think the modified version is fine. I'm guessing the mini is equipped for melee combat? Makes sense, given the clues I have here. And does not have a special attack. If there is a special attack, that's fine, but then you'll want to call out "normal attack" for the attack bonus.

= =
Old February 2nd, 2024, 11:23 AM

Well met!

Dad and I have been back and forth over Ravenwolf a few times (via PM). Need help with this possible modification to Bash and Slash:

BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent Small, Medium, or Large figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, remove 1 Order Marker from that figure's Card and he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

The intent here is to remove only one OM. Or, if too strong:

BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent Small, Medium, or Large figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker from that figure's Card. When Ravenwolf attacks with Bash and Slash, he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

The intent here is to roll for OM removal only once.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 2nd, 2024 at 11:47 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 01:28 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Ignoring balance and theme and only focusing on words, you would want the order marker removal to be worded similar to Fyorlag Spider's Entangling Web:

Quote:
...remove one unrevealed order marker at random from the chosen figure's Army Card (or cards if your opponent has more than one Common Army Card for that figure)
It being a random order marker is important.

As for balance and theme:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards