Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 21st, 2024, 09:48 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Brandis Skyhunter

I've seen Brandis do nothing in games in which there were pretty much only Flying figures, namely on Heat of Battle castle maps where most of the figures included had Flying to navigate the castle. You have to constantly disengage to get his 5 dice. I just wish he was better because it's a cool concept, and he would be a beast in the castle map meta if he could do work.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really, really, just one time, want to see this guy kill Cyprien Esenwein, take another turn and kill the broken-hearted Sonya, then take another turn and get their daughter if she's on the board, too. Then, I really can call him Van Helsing.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:20 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tried playing a couple of games with Brandis and it is difficult to get "Sky Watcher" to help for more than one turn. With the range of 5, Brandis typically will get only one "Sky Watcher" shot against the flying figure before the flying figure gets adjacent to Brandis. Dragons, Cyprien, or even a Sentinel or Minion can close the distance and take away the extra attack dice.
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I think this guy is just always going to be one of the nichiest figures around.
I agree, I think he was made to be used in the dungeon, with the uniques he is pretty good, but yes he just cant compare to KA or Syvarris
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
He might be able to earn back his Points against a Dragon or against the Esenweins, or if you're able to wound a few heroes and then use him to clean them up. That's about it.
I've found he's decent at being a heat-seeking, OM-Hogging missile at the beginning of the game. He goes straight for the flying cheerleaders everyone knows and loves. If you have to take disengagement to attack, do it. It may leave you in a less dominant map control position, but at the same time depriving the opponent of a Raelin, or putting big wounds on a Nilf can be worth it.

Other than this, so far I haven't been able to finagle him into even casual play...

...But I'll keep trying. maybe the community will find a solid slot for him to be in.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He was the last figure standing in a game some of my friends played last weekend. He took over after Sonlen died and killed two Izumi Samurai that had engaged him to win the game.

~Dysole, who notes that Brandis did win with one life left so it wasn't an amazing showing, but he did win...
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Devo Hulk is surprisingly tart

According to the Glossary of Glyphs thread, the wind glyph text says that all figures with the Flying special power "lose this power" while standing on the glyph. That would imply to me that Brandis wouldn't get the bonus while that glyph is being utilized.
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo Hulk View Post
According to the Glossary of Glyphs thread, the wind glyph text says that all figures with the Flying special power "lose this power" while standing on the glyph. That would imply to me that Brandis wouldn't get the bonus while that glyph is being utilized.
Allright, so in any situation where a figure is unable to fly Brandis won't get his ability, weather it be negation or wind glyph.

Last edited by Chardris1287; April 11th, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Direct quote from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Jotun can only throw “non-flying” figures. If the wind glyph is in play and activated, or if Morsbane has negated the figure’s special
powers, and figure cannot fly, are they considered “non-flying” figures and can Jotun throw them?

Yes on both counts. Flying figures are considered non-flying once the wind glyph is activated. When Morsbane negates a figure’s flying ability, they are also considered non-flying.”
Based on this logic Brandis would not get his bonus.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Skyhunter Conquers!

Just thought I'd pop in and say that in a five way 550 point match last night of the following armies

ironmyron
Q9
Morgrimm
Dwarvesx3
Eldgrim

Lord Nyax
DW8k
DW7k
Deathstalkersx2
Deathreaversx3

Tyesheron
Anubian Wolvesx4
Iron Man
Khosumet
Some filler

Dysole
Q10
Dividersx4
Repulsorx1 (Originally had Repulsorsx2 noticed that I was playing with too much and just got rid of another squad and didn't bother to replace it with anything)
Brandis

Someone not on Heroscapers
Nilfheim
Hydra
White Wyrmlingx2
Black Wyrmlingx2
Wyvernx1

Anyways, it was a nice even map and the game came down to Q9 and DW8K blasting the crap out of each other and failing to do anything and then Brandis came in and killed them both. Game. ^_^

I think Brandis is best served when you are playing against a few unique heroes especially ones that will be around later in the game. Keep him around as a late game figure.

~Dysole, quite happy that the designers made such a fun half-elf

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units