Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 31st, 2008, 09:51 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Another Heroscape YouTube video for your viewing pleasure...

I have no idea who this guy is but it's entertaining to say the least, so enjoy this "bloodbath" of a video review, get mad, laugh, cry...whatever.
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQWaZ6W4fyk
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNLyJt6l7I

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; July 31st, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Another Heroscape YouTube video for your viewing pleasur

Interesting find, outforblood.

I will admit that I don't care much for this guy. When he mentioned that he was familiar with the rules, I had a difficult time believing him. On the first video, you could tell that he didn't know hardly anything of the game by his terminology: figures, terrain, dice, counters, treasure, and discs. As for the game not having "consistency" on characters, I question whether or not he knows the story of the game at all.

The second part, It seemed as if he barely skimmed the rules, for about four minutes got bored and just started playing. Plus, he forgot to show that the map can be multi-layered. No, instead he just builds a flat, uninteresting map, possibly pushing potentially new HeroScapers away.

Will Mike Lopez have competition for HeroScape Idiot of the year? We'll find out.
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I kind of enjoyed watching the videos. It's good that he actually finds the game interesting for his first time being introduced to the game. If he knew more about how Waves expand on certain themes, I'm sure he'd be much more attracted to playing the game.

It's pretty evident he's a WH40K guy, since he expects a single, consistent army within a box, rather than a bunch of random units. If he got RotV, he'd be in for a real medley of different units, and he'd probably find it less appealing than SotM.

He needs to RTFC! He's forgetting about their abilities left and right (Raelin's defense bonus, Sgt. Drake's Special Attack). Also, he has the Order Marker / Initiative in the wrong order, and he somehow had the "good guys" go twice in a row. I don't think he attacked with all 3 Squad Figures when he moved them, and this would make sense since he thought Shiori was greater than the Marro Stingers.

Need I mention his pathetic mental math?

TKN - 220
Stingers - 280
Druge - 330

Major Q10 - 150
Sgt Drake - 320
Raelin - 440
Sonlen - 600

"The total points on both sides were almost exactly even!"

This is almost as humorous as Expert Village's "HeroScape expert"!

Good find.

Last edited by Gomolka; July 31st, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:02 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

I found it interesting that he didn't like the idea of mixing genres. That to me is one of the appeals about Heroscape.
I was also thinking in my head "use Drake's pistol" and "dragon swoop a stinger." Obviously he is new to the game but whenever there is text on the card I would of read it.
P.S. He found out not all glyphs are "treasures"!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion