Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullARC
This is a recurring problem then??

Yes... I am an unmitigated Star Wars nerd!!

My signature is usually the quote of Han telling Luke that the Falcon can
do .5 past light speed. I just haven't done it here... YET!!
pardon me but the falcon is slooow compared to the YT-2100 heavy hauler (2.5 past )

No more giant sigs
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:59 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothehalfdragon
Quote:

pardon me but the falcon is slooow compared to the YT-2100 heavy hauler (2.5 past )
Yeah, but it made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothehalfdragon
Quote:

Yeah, but it made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!

That's cuz Han is the only person who gets to ignore SW physics and use his sensor array through subspace.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
If ya do not use it.. you lose it
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I miss it. I could not find MOAM without it. Linky, anyone?
Also, what would it take to get this back?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM

jesse10581 has disabled reputation
As a new user, I must say that this feature is badly needed so that I don't make the mistake of posting on topics that were discussed in the past.

As a developer, I say that this feature is an absolute must and if implemented properly should be able to function without seriously impacting the performance of the site. But it sounds like maybe it was just a corruption problem and not a performance problem? Anyway's I really hoped this gets fixed.

I know I know... just another know it all noob who complains to members who have 1000's of posts when he has only been using the site for a couple months. But seriously, this feature is an absolute must for noobs especially. I also feel for Aldin, who greeted me immediately upon joining the site. I think its ashame he won't be able to do the same for all the new users who will be joining in the near future. Thanks for the hospitality Aldin, you made a noob feel very welcome.

If you don't pay up, pizza's gonna send out for YOU!
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The only way we are going to get it back is if we switch from using phpbb to a different forum app. Whether or not this is even doable without losing all the posts is still yet to be determined.
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Man, all of the work on rebuilding the search database for nothing? Ouch!

Now, I know absolutely nothing about phpbb, but just to think outside the box a bit, is there such a thing as an add-on or such that could act as a replacement for the phpbb search function. Kind of like giving the site it's own spider?

Anyway, that's a real bummer.

I would just like to say that I'm sure you guys (the staff) will do the best you can to solve the problem, no matter what form that solution may be in.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM

jesse10581 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
The only way we are going to get it back is if we switch from using phpbb to a different forum app. Whether or not this is even doable without losing all the posts is still yet to be determined.
I'm sure out of all the users you have here, you guys probably have developers available (being a noob here, I don't know what everyone's talents here are). But being a developer myself, if you do decide to move to a different forum software, and if you're looking for help, I'd at least like to offer any assistance I can in migrating the data (if needed). I have done some data migration at my regular job when databases need to be upgraded. Not familiar with phpbb in particular, but I do know database programming fairly well.

Also, as far as forums go, have you looked at Community Server?

Good luck!

If you don't pay up, pizza's gonna send out for YOU!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree, the feature is badly needed.
However, when it just breaks your site, what can you do?
If we put search back you won't have any site to search because it will go up in flames in a matter of days.

I will let you know we are currently working on a complete site overhaul, but don't expect to hear much more about this in the range of months.

All I can say is its unfortunate
Oh and Aldin.. I will try to get that search function back for you today... I've just been busy.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch
If we put search back you won't have any site to search because it will go up in flames in a matter of days.

I will let you know we are currently working on a complete site overhaul, but don't expect to hear much more about this in the range of months.

Oh and Aldin.. I will try to get that search function back for you today... I've just been busy.
Wait, you can give it to individual people? Why not only let people with 25+ posts use it to stop the bots from crashing it?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch

Wait, you can give it to individual people? Why not only let people with 25+ posts use it to stop the bots from crashing it?
He is talking about the "Find all posts by User" function. When the overall search function was turned off so was that feature. Now everyone is able to find all posts by a certain user. Just click on their profile button and then the link to find all the posts. It comes in super handy for Aldin when he is greeting people and it helps us admins delete spam more efficiently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online