Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 18th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bookshelf Skyscraper Brainstorming

So if two figures are in the stairwell does the one on the “up” have height advantage on the one on the “down”? I’m guessing that if you are on level two, the up stairs connect to 3 and the down stairs connect to one. Therefore the up stairs should get height advantage, correct?
Old July 18th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3G STACKABLE SKYSCRAPER RULES

STAIRWAYS
Spoiler Alert!

We haven't done height advantage for same level stairway spaces. Height difference doesn't seem significant enough thematically, but I'm open to changing that if folks want.

For Tornado, the reason I prefer the hex shapes for the elevator is the shafts should, thematically, fill that entire hex and nothing else. That's where the elevator shaft is. Going square when everything else is hex seems odd to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What are "corresponding stairway spaces"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I believe if you are standing on a Down Stairs token, the corresponding token would be the Up Stairs token below it.

A rectangle can fill those hexes as well Bats, at least enough to render the scraps as partial hexes. The nice thing is with the side wall gap, the rectangle can be a bit oversized and extend that way.
Also the hex shaped elevator tokens are a real pain cut.
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:10 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Got a sheet with both stairs and rectangle elevators. Hex elevators are too big so I have a sheet just of those and a sheet with just stairs.
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm pretty used to cutting out hex shapes at this point. I guess do a sheet with both as options and I'll cut them both out and see which feels more "right" in the physical world.

Corresponding means directly above or below. It felt intuitive when writing it, but you can click the link on the quote in my above post to read through the full rules and I'm definitely eager for any wording suggestions you have for increased clarity @quozl

Edit: I need to buy some card stock and try printing on that.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2020, 12:17 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, here's the stairways chunk:

Quote:
Stairway Hexes come in two versions: Single Hex Stairways and Double Hex Stairways, and may be placed in the interior layouts of a building to allow single-spaced figures to move between levels. Stairway hexes use C3G Transit rules and each come with a Transit number and then an “Up” or “Down” distinction.

Only single-spaced figures can enter or occupy Stairway hexes. A figure can move from a Stairway Up space to a corresponding Stairway Down space one Floor higher at a movement cost equal to the transit number. Conversely, a figure can move from a Stairway Down space to a corresponding Stairway Up space one Floor lower at a movement cost equal to the transit number. In the stackable Skyscraper, all Stairway hexes have a Transit Number of 3.

Figures can move between Stairway hexes on the same level normally.
Figures are not considered engaged with figures on corresponding Stairway hexes on a different Floor of the building, but these figures do consider each other in clear line of sight, unless a special power on an Army Card or a glyph specifies otherwise. Height advantage applies.
We'll start with some questions.

Why do they need to be marked "up" or "down'?
Why are they limited to single-spaced figures?
Why are we even messing with line of sight in stairways? If we really want to mess with it, should adjacent stairways on other floors also be in line of sight?

Quote:
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:21 PM

Cool. I had to double check but the rectangle is just big enough to not allow a wound marker in the scraps when centered.
I think I am close to being done here art-wise. Files will need to be converted to PDF but that is easy.
Will probably make versions where the stairs and elevators are already on the base map for those who prefer to stick with the standard set up.

Did you get the fire escape? I may play around with art for that. Need a fire escape door.
Oh that reminds me. I need to work on that elevator door art.
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:43 PM

Fire escape should be here Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
OK, here's the stairways chunk:

Quote:
Stairway Hexes come in two versions: Single Hex Stairways and Double Hex Stairways, and may be placed in the interior layouts of a building to allow single-spaced figures to move between levels. Stairway hexes use C3G Transit rules and each come with a Transit number and then an “Up” or “Down” distinction.

Only single-spaced figures can enter or occupy Stairway hexes. A figure can move from a Stairway Up space to a corresponding Stairway Down space one Floor higher at a movement cost equal to the transit number. Conversely, a figure can move from a Stairway Down space to a corresponding Stairway Up space one Floor lower at a movement cost equal to the transit number. In the stackable Skyscraper, all Stairway hexes have a Transit Number of 3.

Figures can move between Stairway hexes on the same level normally.
Figures are not considered engaged with figures on corresponding Stairway hexes on a different Floor of the building, but these figures do consider each other in clear line of sight, unless a special power on an Army Card or a glyph specifies otherwise. Height advantage applies.
We'll start with some questions.

1. Why do they need to be marked "up" or "down'?
2. Why are they limited to single-spaced figures?
3. Why are we even messing with line of sight in stairways? 4. If we really want to mess with it, should adjacent stairways on other floors also be in line of sight?
1. We wanted the flow of traveling up and down a stairway to feel more evocative and different than going up a ladder or an elevator. If there isn't a separate up or down space, you're basically just teleporting at that point, rather than it "feeling" like stairs. @Yodaking answered this same question to A3n a day or two ago in the Skyscraper thread, though, so you can find his answer there.

2. Because we don't want cars driving up and down the stairs.

3. If someone is blocking a stairway and it's the only way up or down, it'd be nice to be able to shoot at them. Also, being able to shoot up or down from a stairway adds a bit more dynamic.

4. They are? That was the whole point of that text. Only one floor up or down, though. Is that what you're asking about? Whether a corresponding stair space two floors up or down should be in clear sight? I'm fine and could see justification either way if that's what you're asking.

Old July 18th, 2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We wanted the flow of traveling up and down a stairway to feel more evocative and different than going up a ladder or an elevator. If there isn't a separate up or down space, you're basically just teleporting at that point, rather than it "feeling" like stairs. @Yodaking answered this same question to A3n a day or two ago in the Skyscraper thread, though, so you can find his answer there.
I'm not finding that. Link?

Quote:
Old July 18th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

It is really confusing that the design of these rules is happening in two separate threads...
Old July 18th, 2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
It is really confusing that the design of these rules is happening in two separate threads...
I keep being asked questions here for some reason. I’d prefer everything be in the actual design thread. I might move a bunch of posts later.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library