Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?
Task Force Scenario

I'm sure that all of you have at one point or another felt the urge to play a massive game of heroscape, as in thousands of points, but have realized that fielding such an army is nearly impossible, as you can only move relatively miniscule parts of it. My brother and I have created a scenario which works to make large armies more wieldy. At the start of each round, you may group your army cards into "task forces." When it comes to placing order markers, you place one marker for the entire task force. On one turn, you may pick any three army cards to move out of that task force, but no single unit may take more than one turn (exception: frenzy.) This includes bonding (also, you cannot bond to a unit in a different task force.) If you cannot make three moves without doubling up, you forfeit those moves. For instance, I have a task force with Knights of Weston 3x, Finn, and Thorgrim. I move Knights twice, bonding once to Finn and once to Thorgrim, but now when I move them for the third time, I cannot bond, because I can't bond outside of my task force and I can't move one of the Vikings again. There is no restriction on how large or small a task force can be, but it is strategic to have them be about four or five army cards. My brother and I have tested this twice, once with 4000 points and once with 6000, and both times were quite successful. What are your thoughts?

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Task Force Scenario

Interesting. When I play games of 1000 points or more games, I usually just use 2 sets of order markers, but I think yours makes more sense. A bit complex, but I suppose that's why people play Heroscape.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I've been thinking about mechanics for "epic" sized games, and this one beats all of my thoughts.
Old August 10th, 2011, 12:12 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

I find 1000 point games not that hard but 2000 is where it get's tricky but we do play with a rule that anyone who is in range to attack can attack after the figure with the order marker goes.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios