Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old June 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Gencon 2011 Main Event Fantasy Contest

reported

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im only going to comment on the Nebraska scapers as I know them the best.

CrazyAngel : First year for Gencon but she is a really good player. She has placed decently at most if not all the events shes been to. I personally think shed be a steal at 5 but its a good place to start.

fomox: Hes a wannabe Nebraskan right? 20 is a good spot for him.

JUSTChris: Solid player. 15 is a good place to start.

Matthias: If he takes the army hes been talking about I wouldnt take him if he was 10 points 35 is probably where he belongs though.

Raider30: A new addition to the Nebraska crew. Hes only been in 2? tournaments so far one of them being a team game. Nothing against the guy but if you start him at 10 I believe the other Nebraskans should start at 10. I got to play him at the last Nebraska Skirmish and hes definitely not a bad player...just new.

stubobj: I'll happily take the 15 but personally think 10 is the better start for myself.

Tiny Timmy: I think he could be bumped up to 25.

twotounges
: A steal at 5 worth at least 10.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:36 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks stubobj. Sorry, win Tree Town and you're a 15 at the least.

Bigger picture question: how do people feel about making it an all-Gencon fantasy contest? The main event scoring stays the same, but in addition we could add:

10 points for winning a win-a-terrain event
20 points for second place in a dice event other than championship/general wars/ToC
40 points for first place in a dice event other than championship/general wars/ToC
25 points for winning a general in General Wars
25 points (in addition to the 25 for the general) for overall General Wars winner
40 points for a winning record (3-1 or better) in ToC
20 points (in addition to the 40) for second place in ToC
60 points (in addition to the 40) for first place in ToC

Those are just semi-random numbers I threw out, but if people like that idea then we can hash it out.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:50 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it would be better to limit the contest to the main event. If we add more events, then it becomes more about who is playing in the most events. Not to mention it would be a considerable undertaking to figure out the players in each event.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
I think it would be better to limit the contest to the main event. If we add more events, then it becomes more about who is playing in the most events. Not to mention it would be a considerable undertaking to figure out the players in each event.
This is a good point. I thought the way it was done last year was perfect even though I lost bad.

Edit: That's not fair. I went from 15 points to 20!

Old June 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post

Raider30: A new addition to the Nebraska crew. Hes only been in 2? tournaments so far one of them being a team game. Nothing against the guy but if you start him at 10 I believe the other Nebraskans should start at 10. I got to play him at the last Nebraska Skirmish and hes definitely not a bad player...just new.
Yeah I totally agree with Stubobj. I'd be comfortable at um..0. Being totally honest my playtime is very little compared to a lot of these guys. I still make silly mistakes and don't have a great feel for the game yet. Given how busy my summer is I don't know that will change all that much in the next 2 months before GenCon.

Heck I wouldn't even take me!

- Raider30
Old June 2nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

mecha frog will not be in the main event. He was defeated by the 3pm start time.
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Feel free to add myself, weesel99, Pickle4192, and jacob_jp to the list of those playing in the main event.

Pickle4192 of course made top 8 last year
weesel99 has made day 2 once so far
jacob_jp has been playing Heroscape with us since we started doing anything competitive so he's probably a steal some way or another.
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Matthias: If he takes the army hes been talking about I wouldnt take him if he was 10 points 35 is probably where he belongs though.
I have to find 14 more chain fighters first anyway...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
To get the ball rolling, here's some thoughts:

Worldturtle 10->15
I'm not 100% sure if he's gonna be in the main event. I'll get back to this thread when I know.

I do know that he's a lot less serious about winning than Kaboomboomboom or I, and probably hasn't played any Heroscape since last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'm a good player, as jschild, Deroche, Brownsfan, and NecroBlade can say.

I think I should be worth 10-15 pts, if I can make the points for myself.

Again, you can ask jschild, Deroche, Brownsfan and NecroBlade to come up for points for me.
Mega is definitely a good player, only luck never *quite* being on his side keeps him out of the top spot each of our tournaments. jschild needs to be added to the list, and he's also a good player. Deroche deserves to win more, just needs to learn how to read (as you've noticed) . As for me, I guess I'm worth 20 points because I've won a tournament?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

weesel99 added at his 2010 point level (15).
Deroche given a 10 point start.
jschild added at 15.
Pickle4192 added and bumped to 15 (was 10 last year).
MTCC added and bumped to 35, even though he can't win the big one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games