Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
...He is talking about the "Find all posts by User" function....
Thanks Nether,
I was not AT ALL clear when I said that.
Sorry Josiah

::Nathan Hoel::
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:42 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
When I typed in this link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/search.php

I got the search engine!!!!

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy

Try to search for something!!!! :P
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:

Clearly, you are enjoying that too much. Well, I have always said no one does a cheerful grin like a skeleton!

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk
Quote:
Quote:

Clearly, you are enjoying that too much. Well, I have always said no one does a cheerful grin like a skeleton!
I was merely imitating his enthusiasm for finding the search page.
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
It comes in super handy for Aldin when he is greeting people

~Aldin, re-enabled

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:

I tried, you can search for username, but not for keywords.

So we have half the search engine then.

Old May 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Quote:
Quote:

I tried, you can search for username, but not for keywords.

So we have half the search engine then.
This is the same as just clicking on someones user name and clicking "View All Posts By this user"
The search functionality that is important and takes all the work is the keyword search for the posts.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:43 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:

I have been deflated.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:03 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hey guys, sorry for being late to the party here ... I was out sick for a couple of weeks there.

So first let me say that I feel your pain everyone. As most of you know, the reason I am where I am today (with a Site Admin status that I don't really use to admin stuff and a shiny new title) is because I bitched too much about the search being down last time and ended up fixing it. So I of all people really do understand what a painful thing it is to have no search. It's the online equivalent of Alzheimers.

Secondly, I sympathize with the folks that are expressing surprise that we're having such problems with something as basic as the search function. We don't at this time have the exact cause of the problem nailed down, but we feel confident that it isn't the hardware (thus we don't believe that throwing more hardware at the problem will necessarily fix it). We do suspect, as truth has mentioned, that phpBB, with its less-than-optimal search functionality (along with many of its other less-than-optimal "features") is a contributing factor. So we're looking at all the possibilities, including looking very seriously at switching forum software. Opening up the site to being crawled by Google is also something we're investigating, at least as a stopgap measure.

Finally, let me conclude by assuring you that your very adept admin staff, including myself, is on the job. Also, I give you my personal pledge that at least as long as I am involved in the process(*) we will not be looking at any conversions that don't involve keeping all the current posts and restoring the search functionality back to the beginning of the site. We apologize for the interim inconvenience, but rest assured that we'll fix the problem, one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse10581
But being a developer myself, if you do decide to move to a different forum software, and if you're looking for help, I'd at least like to offer any assistance I can in migrating the data (if needed). I have done some data migration at my regular job when databases need to be upgraded. Not familiar with phpbb in particular, but I do know database programming fairly well.
I may hold you to that. Once we have a better idea of exactly what we're doing and what we need to do to proceed, I'll definitely be evaluating whether or not we can utilize more help, and if so, I'll press into service whoever we can find. So I'll definitely keep you in mind.

(*) Note: This should be construed as standard CYA lingo and not in any way an indication that I expect not to be involved in the future, 'cause that's certainly not the case. Just to set minds at ease.
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:31 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Thanks for the work, Xotli, and it's good to hear that you're feeling better. Thanks, too, for the footnote, because you did have this HeroScaper.comer worried that we had burned you out of here.
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:51 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
... it's good to hear that you're feeling better.
Thanx Rev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Thanks, too, for the footnote, because you did have this HeroScaper.comer worried that we had burned you out of here.
Heh. Yeah, when I reread that, I thought it might be misinterpreted, so I thought it wise to clarify.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online