Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Design Team will we get to see a set of the actual generals like Utgar,Jandar,Vydar,Einar,Ullar and Aquilla?

Will we also get to see who Orm,Mallidon,etc. are? Like the ones who we made the sets of?

Old December 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This I've always wondered:

How do you go about designing each figure?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can answer you LordEsenwienIV. Nope. It would take the you are the general feel out of the game.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; December 20th, 2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:35 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Just want to apologize to the team for misunderstanding the purpose of the thread with my rules-clarification question. I'll just sit quietly and face the wall now.

~Spite
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Delete This Post.

Last edited by GromBloodboy; December 20th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
I got negged for my comment in here, and the guy didn't have the guts to sign it.......
Instead of banning you, I am just going to warn you not to use the forum to gripe about neg rep. It is against our forum rules.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
This I've always wondered:

How do you go about designing each figure?

Through heavy arguing until we all arrive at common ground
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Skynight, I just found a transcript of the design process.

Original Design team:

Guy 1: How about we make this evil Kyrie the exact opposite of Raelin, you know, with an attack boost instead of defense boost.

Guy 2: Yeah, I like it. But lets think, just how good is an extra attack die as compared to 2 defense dice?

Guy 1: Well, they are about equal. Say, we could make his aura only affect figures of one range, like Finn.

Guy 2: But then he wouldn't be as versatile as Raelin.

Guy 1: I got it, lets drop his move by 1, that'll be just enough to keep the two equal. Two 80 point counterparts. YAY!

One month later:

Guy 3: Alright, Mallidon's prophecy has shipped yay! Here's the first official box.

*Team opens box*

Guy 1: Wait, why does Taelord say he's 180?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q: The newest master set 3 is entitled Battled for the Underdark. There are many popular monsters from the different worlds encompassed D&D, for example the Underdark is only one region of the larger setting of Fearun. What led to the decision for using the Underdark as the theme for the set?

Q: There are a number of abilities in the new set that share their namesakes with terms from D&D; Cleave, Regeneration etc. Obviously there were a number of ways to represent the abilities in Heroscape given the distinctions in the two rules systems. Did the team debate for a long time over any one ability in particular? What were some of your favorite abilities to design?

Last edited by Darkmage7a; December 20th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q: When you design the figures, which aspect is the most important to you: the competitive, or the fun factor?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Creamed by Corn

Q: When you use proxys for playtesting, does that not upset the point balance based on LoS. If you use a figure such as the reaching Gladiatron, which is easier to see then say Marcu, do you include this in your change for point values.

Old December 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Q: When you use proxys for playtesting, does that not upset the point balance based on LoS. If you use a figure such as the reaching Gladiatron, which is easier to see then say Marcu, do you include this in your change for point values.
Do you really think that the sculpt is such a significant part of points costing that we need to acknowledge it at all? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Q: When you design the figures, which aspect is the most important to you: the competitive, or the fun factor?
Speaking only for myself, I like fun factor. I also like originality of powers. But I understand that competitive type play is also part of the fun for many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Q: The newest master set 3 is entitled Battled for the Underdark. There are many popular monsters from the different worlds encompassed D&D, for example the Underdark is only one region of the larger setting of Fearun. What led to the decision for using the Underdark as the theme for the set?
WOTC decided this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Q: There are a number of abilities in the new set that share their namesakes with terms from D&D; Cleave, Regeneration etc. Obviously there were a number of ways to represent the abilities in Heroscape given the distinctions in the two rules systems. Did the team debate for a long time over any one ability in particular? What were some of your favorite abilities to design?
There were some that just couldn't be translated, others took a lot of work to get right, but we didn't debate.

My favorite abilities are yet to be shown. We have done some different things with some of the units in Wave 11 and 12. Their are new kinds of synergies, and some interesting movement based abilities, also some new terrain based abilities.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion