Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

View Poll Results: What do you think will be best, Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero4?
Guitar Hero World Tour (4) 5 26.32%
Rock Band 2 5 26.32%
Who cares, they are both going to rock! 1 5.26%
I can't say untill I've played/seen both of them. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What do you think will be better?

No, the Wii version ISN'T as good. Downloadable Content on the XBox360 and the PS3 is availible for Rock Band. The Wii doesn't get Downloadable Content. Nuff' said.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
No, the Wii version ISN'T as good. Downloadable Content on the XBox360 and the PS3 is availible for Rock Band. The Wii doesn't get Downloadable Content. Nuff' said.
Well to me it was just as good because I can't download anything anyway. "Nuff' said".

I <3 noobs
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Where's the "I don't like either of them" choice?
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$un View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Well to me it was just as good because I can't download anything anyway. "Nuff' said".
My general opinion of Rock Band would be significantly altered if the DLC was not factored in. I couldn't imagine the game without the huge influx of Weezer, STP, Who, Boston, Oasis, CCR, RHCP, SOAD, etc that's been added to the game. That's really what's made the game awesome, and the fact that, and the entire setlist from the first game is instantly a part of RB2 is a huge draw for me.
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

RB2 wii will have DLC. I hope they right away, instantaniously, put EVERY DLC song from the other versions, and the RB1 setlists songs, all available for dlc.

But RB1 Wii is pathetic. DLC made RB great. And if you cant download(for some strange reason that you didnt feel like sharing) oh well. That doesnt make the game good! And those 5 extra songs were 5 out of the 200+ AWESOME dlc songs.So they gave you some free songs, but took out half the game. But....at least you have the songs, right?

Sorry if I sound pissed, Im not. And for comparisons sake, in a few moments I will have both games song lists. Put them 1st post I think.

My Signature
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

Actually, that little plan didnt work. If you want to see the setlists, ck wikipedia. Its accurate. People dont mess with them that often, and if they do, its obvious, like Barney theme song.

My Signature
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation

I voted for GH, actually. It has more songs by more bands I want to play: Tool, Slipknot, System of a Down, Korn, Linkin Park, Tool, The freakin' Nuge, Tool, Flyleaf, I'm thinking Disturbed was on it, but I can't remember - and they have ******* TOOL!

I was all for Rockband before I saw the tracklist. I thought GH really sold out after the first one, but they have renewed my faith in them.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-fi Messiah View Post
I voted for GH, actually. It has more songs by more bands I want to play: Tool, Slipknot, System of a Down, Korn, Linkin Park, Tool, The freakin' Nuge, Tool, Flyleaf, I'm thinking Disturbed was on it, but I can't remember - and they have ******* TOOL!

I was all for Rockband before I saw the tracklist. I thought GH really sold out after the first one, but they have renewed my faith in them.
That sounds like the fake list that was released actually. I haven't seen a credible source with Disturbed, Slipknot, Flyleaf, or Nuge; only that fake list that was proven false a while ago. That's not saying they can't be in the game anyway (I believe Tool has been confirmed, but every fansite is listing a different song).

There's definitely a few songs on Guitar Hero I'd love, but there's just too many good options in RB. By the time RB2 comes out they'll have 3 SOAD songs, 4 Disturbed choices, Flyleaf, Linkin Park, etc. There's definitely bands I'd love to get (Tool), but so far there isn't nearly enough to make me want to every swap discs again.

On a side note; I think it would be hilarious if Down with the Sickness was the original album version. That's probably the only song I've ever heard where I prefer the radio edit.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
GH2's drums were first out the gate with the new arrangement, RB2's are modular you can use cymbals or not.

DLC is the winner - RB2 has the huge edge here.
I think it's better to have a drum set were it's not random what pad makes what sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I much prefer the setlist for Rock Band 2. I MUCH prefer the setlist.

Question for the Guitar-Hero-is-harder types. Was Guitar Hero 1 comparable, or was it easier than later incarnations? If GH1 was easier than GH3, I think you can expect RB2 to be harder. It also is reasonable to speculate the drum/bass/singing parts on GH4 will be easier than RB2.
Your just proving my point. Basicly your saying Guitar Hero gets harder and harder, this is only the second Rock Band, no one knows if it's any harder.
Also, there is no singing in GH4. GH3 has bass. So it will be harder, and the drums has a brand new look in GH4 than Rock Band. So every one who has played Rock Band will be confused, and every one who didn't play Rock Band will have no idea how the drums work thus making GH4 way harder then Rock Band 2 in every way.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
1. THERE IS SINGING IN GHWT! IVE SEEN IT!
2. Never Said RB sucks, just the wii/ps2 version. Someone explained it for me, lacks dlc and more stuff.
3. RB was made by the makers of GH 1 and 2, so your its a new maker, its easier thing doesnt work.
The Wii and Ps2 versions are just as good as Ps3 and X-box 360. The Wii version even comes with more songs! Also, with GH4 having singing makes it even better.
You can't have it both ways. It's either better because there is no singing or it is better because there is singing. I don't see how speculating that a first offering will be easier is proving anything. If you're after harder game play, good for you. It just seems like you're a Guitar Hero fan-boy that started this thread just to bag on Rockband.

Maybe I should be a little more upfront. When I said I liked the set list better for Rock Band maybe I should have said the lists I saw Rock Band had a whole lot more songs I liked AND it didn't have Modest Mouse. The corporate radio pimping of that mediocre song Float On has me nauseous just thinking about it.
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

I hate guitar hero, (Well not hate, but it's just no my thing) So I dont care, still rock band's drums and microphone thing makes it cooler to me. I say rockband. I will always prefer bashing an alien/spartan with my fist in halo 3 than a rock song game. But hey, that's just me.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:30 PM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
GH2's drums were first out the gate with the new arrangement, RB2's are modular you can use cymbals or not.

DLC is the winner - RB2 has the huge edge here.
I think it's better to have a drum set were it's not random what pad makes what sound.

Quote:
I much prefer the setlist for Rock Band 2. I MUCH prefer the setlist.

Question for the Guitar-Hero-is-harder types. Was Guitar Hero 1 comparable, or was it easier than later incarnations? If GH1 was easier than GH3, I think you can expect RB2 to be harder. It also is reasonable to speculate the drum/bass/singing parts on GH4 will be easier than RB2.
Your just proving my point. Basicly your saying Guitar Hero gets harder and harder, this is only the second Rock Band, no one knows if it's any harder.
Also, there is no singing in GH4. GH3 has bass. So it will be harder, and the drums has a brand new look in GH4 than Rock Band. So every one who has played Rock Band will be confused, and every one who didn't play Rock Band will have no idea how the drums work thus making GH4 way harder then Rock Band 2 in every way.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
1. THERE IS SINGING IN GHWT! IVE SEEN IT!
2. Never Said RB sucks, just the wii/ps2 version. Someone explained it for me, lacks dlc and more stuff.
3. RB was made by the makers of GH 1 and 2, so your its a new maker, its easier thing doesnt work.
The Wii and Ps2 versions are just as good as Ps3 and X-box 360. The Wii version even comes with more songs! Also, with GH4 having singing makes it even better.
You can't have it both ways. It's either better because there is no singing or it is better because there is singing. I don't see how speculating that a first offering will be easier is proving anything. If you're after harder game play, good for you. It just seems like you're a Guitar Hero fan-boy that started this thread just to bag on Rockband.

Maybe I should be a little more upfront. When I said I liked the set list better for Rock Band maybe I should have said the lists I saw Rock Band had a whole lot more songs I liked AND it didn't have Modest Mouse. The corporate radio pimping of that mediocre song Float On has me nauseous just thinking about it.
Don't get me wrong, I love Rock Band! Also, when I said "Having singing in GH4 makes it better.", I said that for the people who like to sing in games. I could care less if GH4 has singing in it.

Ps. Sorry if I sound mad in this thread, I'm not and I never was.

I <3 noobs
Old August 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Funny that both RB2 and GH:WT have Float On

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games