Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tul-Bak-Ra and Dividers Preview Discussion thread

And also let's say that the monk attacks a divider, kills it, then attacks another divider, which divides. Can the monk attack the new divider or not?
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I have to go with YES on the Monks scenario. The Monk is rolling an entire separate attack; the Divider would not be affected by an attack that has already happened. Good question!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:33 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
And also let's say that the monk attacks a divider, kills it, then attacks another divider, which divides. Can the monk attack the new divider or not?
I would chime in with a 'yes'. The reason is that the Monk may attack all adjacent figures to him, and even though the Divider might have replicated, the Monk is still in his attack phase. Unlike units with a single AoE attack, the Monk has multiple attacks against individual units. The same is true of Raelin 2.0's Whirlwind Assault.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesofwar View Post
Say I haven't heard anything about the monks yet. I know we have already a ruling on the area of effect attacks of DW9K and how any new placed figures could not be affected by the area of effect attack, but what about the monks. If say I attack TBR with the monk and cause a wound and TBR summons a marro minion next to him which just so happens to be adajacent to the monk then could the monk attack the newly placed marro.
Or Raelin or Win Chiu Woo, or Krug, Einar Imperium, Guilty, etc.

I would say yes, they could attack the newly appearing figure, because each attack is a new attack. The Explosion and Shotgun type powers are a single attack, and resolved immediately.

Edit: Slow posting - looks like 3 people beat me to it!

Old May 31st, 2009, 07:37 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Just played a game between
Atlaga
2xProtectors
Q10
1x Reavers

VS

TBR
SBN
4xDividers
Isamu

On Sidewinder w/glyphs being Common Attack and Initiative.

First round TBR moves towards Common Attack. Atlaga comes up roll 20D for Bolt. 19. Dividers move up, Protectors move up.

Next the dividers get shot down by 5 attack Protectors, but keep getting cell divide. Once engaged they started killing Protectors really fast.

Next the protectors lose the Common Attack glyph and Atlaga deals 3 wounds to SBN. SBN retaliates for 3 then the Dividers finish Atlaga off.

Then Dividers have a couple of epic rounds with Q10 where he kills them, they divide, fail to do a wound. Finally they do two wounds to Q10 and SBN finishes Q10. From there he surrendered.

Even though he got an early Bolt, I divided too much at the right times.

I actually think the dividers can be really good. They have good stats and three defense is made up for with cell divide. The ability to put a divider next to the one that would have received a wound is HUGE as then that divider is in the thick of the action. Dividing happens just enough to useful in my experience (only one game though).
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:57 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

How many times have you played that same game?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:17 PM

Sorry, I don't know how to link to threads or how to quote from another thread.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Sorry, I don't know how to link to threads or how to quote from another thread.
Either click "post reply" in this thread and "quote" in the other one and copy your text from there to here, or just copy the url to the other thread and use the "insert link" button.

And I was just poking a bit of fun at you since I had read it 3 times.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Tul-Bak-Ra is starting to remind me of Concan. They have very similar stats, are quite mobile, and have abilities that work well in team matches. I think that Tul-Bak-Ra is still a good unit despite his higher point cost. Teleport allows TBR to cross the battlefield quickly and even has disengage in it. Plus, he has a ranged special attack for what that's worth. Also, teleport reinforcements will be easier to use in a solo match than Concan's Knight and Sentinel Enhancement.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I like the powers of Tul Bak Ra and the Dividers on paper, though I have yet to test them out. Either way, they look fun, especially TBR. Though I really don't like his sculpt I could learn to love it if he's fun to play and effective.

Congrats to Truth for designing these guys, that's freakin' awesome.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I like the powers of Tul Bak Ra and the Dividers on paper, though I have yet to test them out. Either way, they look fun, especially TBR. Though I really don't like his sculpt I could learn to love it if he's fun to play and effective.

Congrats to Truth for designing these guys, that's freakin' awesome.

Oh, so you're blaming Truth for TBR's horrible sculpt!

(P.S: No offense to Truth or whomever designed TBR's sculpt! I'm just an anooying guy who takes every chance he gets to talk about TBR's inferior sculpt!)

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't think TBR's sculpt is all that bad. Sure he's a little thin and frail, but after seeing it in person, its starting to grow on me.

I'm still not liking the Kumiko sculpt though.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units