Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Einar Imperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I actually like these guys and agree mobility has it's place. Like most of 'scape it depends on the builds you're facing - rock/paper/scissors - If you're up against the Romans and MDGallus that's 5 attacks of three vs 6 attacks of three. Most of the time first strike wins. Mobility beats out the Romans (with a calculated hit to prevent a consistent shield wall).

Of course that's only one vs one squad. Once you start going multiple...
The main difference is that the romans are at 50 points for 4 figures. For 280points, you get 6 EI or 12 romans + MDG, or 20 romans...
Even if you give the EI first strike, they will fall to that number !
You mean 12 attacks of 3 vs 13 attacks of three which coincides with 6 spaces used vs 13?

Absolutely with the 20 Romans example you get eight extra attacks - assuming they all swing at once...doesn't happen, it's still only 6 attacks (TEI) per round vs 4 (Lego's). And you use a lot less space if you decide to use other figures in your armies.
When the one other squad you have or limited hero selection is battling against the 6 Imperium, the rest of their army that can be chosen with the 14 space difference is quite substantial.

These fellas have their place, and gathering dust isn't one of them.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 1st, 2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Actually for most it is the place for them but it sounded so good in my head...
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:39 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Taking the 6 EI vs 12 roman + MDG

The EI can make 6 attacks of 3 per turn, at max ! If one is engaged with only one roman and he die the first attack, this EI cannot attack another time.
Also, with MDG, the roman can make 5 attacks per turn, and some of them can be boosted to 4 die by MDG.
I would say they are pretty equals in term of power output.

The roman have a lower defense, but can be boosted to be higher. And they have a hero that have 6 lifes, so harder to kill.
I would say they are pretty equals in term of defensive power, with perhaps a little edge to the roman

The 12 roman + MDG have a total of 18 lifes, to the 6 lifes of the EI. Once 4 EI have fallen, their attack power drop drastically, while roman don't until 8 of them have fallen.
In term of staying power, overwelhming advantage to the romans.

The EI has the advantage of stealth flying, but that will not save them.

In a battle of 6 EI against 12 romans + MDG, the winners will be the roman, and there would probably be enough alive to still be a threat to the opponent.

Granted, the roman take more startzone place, but with 12 roman + MDG, you still have 11 places free, enough to make a good pod.

I would love to feel the EI are good, but as they are, they are just overpriced. I don't understand why they are not at 110, like the others Kyrie squads.
The sentinel have the powerfull Shield of valor, doubling their defense, on an already good defense of 4
The minion have the Deadly strike, doubling their attack, and a huge defense.
The protector have the all powerfull range with flying combo, mixed with a power to destroy heroes.

The EI have double attack, and one more move. It seems on par with the others, but they costs 30 more per squad... I don't understand.
Old March 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Let's talk TEI's optimal situation:

Game is king of the hill, a one RTTF, one Castle map with a glyph of Wannok on top of the castle in the middle. Melee figures only. 1,000 points, 24 start spaces.

I think TEI backed by Raelin and Kiova are a really, really strong choice here. The other obvious choices, Sentinels and Minions, I think are not quite as good defensively and not quite as good offensively.

So they have their place, they just need some fun maps and scenarios to take advantage of their strengths.

~Aldin, purplishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I would love to feel the EI are good, but as they are, they are just overpriced. I don't understand why they are not at 110, like the others Kyrie squads.
The sentinel have the powerfull Shield of valor, doubling their defense, on an already good defense of 4
The minion have the Deadly strike, doubling their attack, and a huge defense.
The protector have the all powerfull range with flying combo, mixed with a power to destroy heroes.

The EI have double attack, and one more move. It seems on par with the others, but they costs 30 more per squad... I don't understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
By far, the most OVER PRICED figures in Heroscape, no question. . . Should cost 100-110 pts.
In Delta+, they're 110 points/squad.
In Delta+, Minions are 125/squad, and Sentinals are 120, while Protectors remain at 110. The Roman mob, meanwhile costs 55/squad, while Marcus costs 110. Delta+ is easy to implement, just refer to the spreadsheet, and creates a much broader metagame, in terms of the number of viable units. It even has it's own Sticky: Custom Competition Balanced Unit Costs: Delta/Delta+.

The Gang of Four have been using
Delta+ successfully for some time now (see, most recently, Hell or High Water! Battle Report). We will be playing Baldur's Tomb! using Delta+ on March 14th.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 4th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

kolakoski, you're promoting your custom pricing and I get it. I think what you sometimes fail to understand - as expressed by your "beating a dead horse" image - is that there are a wide variety of ways to set up maps and scenarios that highlight a unit's abilities without any need for specialty pricing. I think Delta and Delta+ are interesting customizations, but they are very narrowly focused on tournament style maps, setups and army point totals.

It would be nice if you could respectfully allow that outside the narrow range of the types of games you prefer, there are other fully official ways to play that demonstrate why figures have the prices affixed to the bottoms of their particular cards.

~Aldin, thinking even HT has a place in a flagbearer-based, general-specific melee scrum

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 13th, 2019, 06:01 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord3 View Post
For 500 points how about...

Imperium 2x -280
Kiova -90
Tagawa Archers 2x -130
An old post, but I got myself two sets of Archers and Kyries the other day and decided to try this army out on the Table of Giants battlefield. My opponent had an army of:

Fen Hydra
Charos
1x Roman Legionnaires
Marcus
Otonashi

The EI easily killed off Marcus and his legion as well as Fen Hydra, but unfortunately lost a squad as a result (If it wasn't for Kiova I would have been left with only 1 squad member remaining). The remaining squad, along with the Empress, died due to Charos' counterstrike (I didn't have an option anymore at this point).

Luckily, they still were able to give Charos a fair amount of injuries, and so when my opponent flew the big dragon off to reach the glyph of Kelda, I had the height advantage and proceeded to kill him easily from range. Otonashi died quickly afterwards

The EI definitely aren't the best as they can die quickly, but if you play them right they can be really fun and deal quite a lot of damage to your opponent. Just hope that you have other units that can finish the job once all of the Imperium die off while in melee.

Last edited by Dysole; November 12th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units