Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Turkish Woo who?
Captain America Returns!

We all knew that when he was "killed" two years ago it would not stick, but on July 1 Captain America (the Steve rogters moidel) will return!

I have not read the comic in a few months, but i am excited by the return. Bucky did okay, but it was missing something. Perhaps that, along with the forthcoming Cap, Thor and Avengers movies will prompt the revival of HS Marvel and thus our long awaited second wave of "Reinforcements"
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Captain America Returns!

If they brought the "Man of Steel" back, you know they where going to do it for Capt. A too. It was only a matter of time.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

......And people doubted me when I said (the day after his death was announced) that he'd be back...

So unoriginal...
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You knew he'd come back. He's Captain America the Living Legend of World War II, the Sentinel of Liberty, Ol' Winghead! You can't have Captain Bucky running around trying to fill his shoes. What cool nicknames did he inspire? Captain One Arm? Captain Brainwashed? The only reason I kept getting the comic was because you knew he would eventually return. (That, and it was still a good read) I think Brubaker could probably make Archie entertaining.

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Turkish Woo who?

I have said for a long time that I'd wish they'd allow some of the original heros to fade/ become old, and have a legitmate successor. They sorta tried that with Battyman in the 90s, but people did not like that too well.

Not to mention to horrendous Clone Saga of Spider Man (shudder....)
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

So like... how is he coming back? I've been out of the loop with Marvel for a little while.

Old June 15th, 2009, 11:47 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
I have said for a long time that I'd wish they'd allow some of the original heros to fade/ become old, and have a legitmate successor. They sorta tried that with Battyman in the 90s, but people did not like that too well.

Not to mention to horrendous Clone Saga of Spider Man (shudder....)
Jean-Paul Valley as Batman felt more like a decent Elseworlds story to me. I liked it, but it wasn't really REAL Batman to me.

Do not click the following if you read Batman and are a couple of months behind:
Spoiler Alert!

And I agree about the Spider-Man clone stuff. The only good thing that came out of that was the Scarlet Spider costume.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, until just very recently, you could only count on the Flash being staying dead, but they even ruined that.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't remember Captain Mar-Vell ever coming back. Yet.

Old June 16th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Look at Bucky....he was the sole character we could always count on staying dead....and they brought him back.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Sandy 7-Up

That's Captain Bucky, mister! At least they've never brought back Gwen Stacy. They should never have killed her, but at least they haven't brought her back. Oh, sure, there were the clones of Gwen and the daughter of Gwen that looked exactly like Gwen, but no real Gwen. (How many times can I use the word Gwen in a sentence? Sheesh.) Bring Back Gwen!

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM

jeepreaper has disabled reputation

I kinda liked Clone Saga. That version with six arms got owned way too early for my liking. He coulda been cool (unlike melty face).

Samurai beat Dragons anyday.

Winged Samurai More So.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General