Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 14th, 2007, 01:39 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
storage of figures- safe methods

Hello, I'm a new member. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with storing Heroscape figures in 'tackle' boxes, or plastic containers with adjustable partitions. I have recently purchased several of the latter at the local IKEA, and they work well with HS, but I have noticed a couple of scratches in the paint on some of my figures since I have started storing them in these containers, in the shield of a greek and the white marking on the shoulders of one of the gladiatrons (I have been collecting since 2004, but only in the past 2 months have I opened my figs. or even played a game.) Does anyone else have this issue, or am I just noticing pre-existing defects for the first time? Is there some sort of clear sealant you can spray on figs to preserve the intergrity of the paint job?

My first post, and I've revealed my O.C.D.- way to be!
Old April 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1366

And welcome....a word of advice watch out for that Aldin creep......... :P

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
i use a normal suitcase, with different lunch bags seperating utgar, jandar, einar, ullar, and vydar, and plastic ziplock bags for dice, order markers, etc.

proud to be a scaper
Old April 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM

StarSlayer has disabled reputation
Large plastic storage totes (walmart, Kmart, Target) and lots of smaller cardboard boxes inside of them. Works really well even with the number of figures I have in play.
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
yea, that sounds pretty good

proud to be a scaper
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Welcome, soberman! To answer your actual question: I use tackle boxes and have noticed no damage from them, so I'd suspect the dings were pre-existent.
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
thanks rev.

The containers I have purchased from IKEA are kinda cool. Transparent blue with compartments big eoungh to line two of each squad in an upright position, with bases overlapping for the squads of four. Even taller pieces like the Einar Imperium can stand up in these containers. Of course, I have all the pieces standng because of my O.C.D., but it has the additional benefit of making the pieces easier to sort/locate. Again, these fit all but the big dragons. They cost $3.99 a piece and also come in transparent clear.

The downside is that it is not the most efficient use of space like the tackle boxes are. However, they can "lock" together when stacked and be placed in a larger plastic bin for travel though.

I still think there mut be a clear, non-shiny overcoat you can spray on the figs to protect them from scratches, just in case. My old Star Wars figs lost a bit of detail here and there, but I was far rougher on them than I am on my (PG rated) adult toys.
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, soberman!

On behalf of our anime reading and occupationally therapeutic community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the friendship, acclaim and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, the guy you were warned about

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Thans Aldin, but you forgot "Midnight Oil listening" in your litany of scaper community pursuits...or are they too seventies for this group? Lol!

I'm 36, where in the continuum of member ages does that place me? I'm sure there must be a poll here somewhere....

Maybe I should create an "Arcade Fire" avatar? They are the only new rock band I can get into, as most music nowadays seems to be lacking. I don't think it is because I'm gettin' old. I mean, if I were truly getting old, would I be STOKED for Marvel Heroscape?

Has anyone thought about using the black hexes from Marvel as tarpits in the regular game? Has this post now effectively gone so far off track that it belongs in two other categories? Apoloogies, I'm a newbie.
Old April 14th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
soberman, I'm 58 and about the oldest around here. There are lots of guys in their twenties and thirties, though, and they keep gaining on me every day. <grin>
Old April 14th, 2007, 05:39 PM

cowillis94 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickleberry
i use a normal suitcase, with different lunch bags seperating utgar, jandar, einar, ullar, and vydar, and plastic ziplock bags for dice, order markers, etc.
thats a great idea! i should do that!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Old April 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowillis94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
soberman, I'm 58 and about the oldest around here. There are lots of guys in their twenties and thirties, though, and they keep gaining on me every day. <grin>
thats a great idea! i should do that!
For a moment, this is what I thought you were saying, cowillis.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion