Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 29th, 2014, 12:30 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Okay all you Fantasy Flight Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Gamers... here is the first announcement for the official 2014 Championship TOURNAMENT that we've been anticipating:
============================
Star Wars: X-Wing Store Championship 2014. Limited seating (16), so preregistration is strongly recommended.

All the King's Men Chess & Games Center, #62 South Broadway, Pitman, NJ
http://www.atkmgames.com

TIME & DATE:
1:00 pm, Sunday, March 30th, 2014

COST:
Preregistered Entry Fee: $10.00; Day of the event: $15.00

Check out our discussion threads on FaceBook here...
</> http://www.FaceBook.COM/groups/sjxwingalliance/

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; January 29th, 2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: corrected typos
Old February 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Hi all. Things have been good and want to play some scape. Looking at some of the upcoming tourney's my brother and I will be out on 2/15. But 3/1 is a little better on the schedule but making the travel down would be something to consider. Anyway we will keep you guys posted, and dad_scaper, on the multilayer madness.
Old February 9th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great! TEA, I hope you can make the trip. It feels like a long time in the car (well, it is a long time in the car, having done the reverse) but you really can't beat a day of Heroscape.

I hope you can join us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2014, 01:18 AM

@ TEA ~

It's great to hear from you guys again. And I'm glad to hear that you're still 'Scaping. It's too bad that you can make it to West Chester, PA on 2/15 - I'm planning to be there to talk to Big Boa (another Jersey guy) about a possible Spring Tournament in the Garden State. Driving to Savage, MD is always as D_S mentioned, "... a LONG time in the car," but I agree it is worth it. I'll have to check the weather forecasts before considering going down there on 3/1.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Cool Johngee sounds great. I would definitely be ready for NJ scape. Lot closer. Great hearing from you too and hope you can make it in March
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:02 AM

IS ANYONE FREE THIS SATURDAY (FEBRUARY 22, 2014)???

I've been getting eMail invitations from the GOTCHA Gaming Club that I am in on http://www.MeetUp.com They are most about recruiting players for new RPG campaigns, but this one (see below) sounds interesting enough for me to drive back to the Philadelphia area on Saturday morning to play some : HeroScape, HeroClix, Levithans, Star Wars X-Wings, Star Wars Miniatures, and/or Zombiecide, etc.

Here's the announcement . . .

WHAT: GOTCHA's Miniature Gaming Event in Springfield, PA (* it's near Upper Darby, close to the intersection of I-495 and US Rt.#1 )

WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2014 (* this coming Sat.)

TIME: 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM (* that's a full twelve hours of gaming)

WHERE: The Covenant United Methodist Church
212 W. Springfield RD,
Springfield PA 19064-2402, PA
On the corner of Springfield Ave and Saxer Ave (* you can MapQuest or GoogleEarth it for directions to the exact location)

DESCRIPTION: At the "Springfield Day of Games" we play all sorts of games; board and miniatures primarily; ww2, acw, sci-fi, etc. Bring what you want. X-wing is picking up steam. Last month we had ACW, Franco-Prussia, Bolt Action, X-Wing and Arab-Israeli Wars. Hope you can join us for a day of gaming, eating and socializing. We will be play testing games for HMGS Cold Wars. (* I wonder if RISK, Axis & Allies, Carcassonne, and Flash Point are also considered "Miniature Games," since they do - kinf of - have miniatures)

Event Host: Vic Magazzeni

Price: Reduced rate of $5.oo for the whole day (* that's just 42 cents per hour of gaming)

*'s are personal notes that I added.
============================================

If any one is interested in meeting me there, post here or PM me, since I usually check this site daily. We can then exchange contact info and discuss what games we want to bring to play or demo to the other attendees. Thanks.

Old February 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I just got off the phone with Collector's Corner in Parkville (Baltimore), where Clan used to run his tournaments. The guy told me the downstairs space is now open to gaming, and he said they have eight large tables and several smaller one.

It sounds like a big space for a tournament, if any of you want to run a second Baltimore-area event, like we used to have.

I like the space in Titan games a *lot*, it's the best space I know for a tournament, but they carry almost no board games, so the store credit would be pretty much confederate money, unless you also do minis.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:17 PM

OMG: This thread has been way too quiet for far too long... IS anyone beside me still checking it occasionally? Of course I'd like to continue participate in regular HeroScape events whether they be tournaments, scenario or theme driven, or just casual gatherings even if I have to drive an hour or two - but I am also willing to play other games in similar formats, i.e. Star Wars: X-Wings, Leviathans, Kemet, Zombiecide, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, RISK, etc.

Today I discovered this announcement on the BGG site (see below). Are any of you guys familiar with the E.P.G.S. or are you willing to meet me at the Oxford Valley Mall in Langhorne, PA to move pawns around a map and throw dice on a table???

BoardGameGeek » Northeast » Come One, Come All ... Come play games at the Mall!

Author: ElCid91
When: This Saturday (3/15/2014) will be the 6th meeting this year for the Eastern Pennsylvania Game Society.
Where: We will be meeting in the community room of the Oxford Valley Mall in Langhorne PA.
[COST & DETAILS: [/B] We meet the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 9am to 9pm. If you've been there before you how much fun it is. If you haven't joined us what are you waiting for? Your first meeting is free, If you like it (and if you like games, you'll like EPGS) you can join up as member ($50 for the year or $30 for the first 6 months) or just come when you can and pay for the day ($7 per day).

To get an idea of what you've been missing here are the geeklists of games played at the last two meetings:
* Snow? We laugh at snow and game on ... (LINK found at BGG)
* If you were there, you could have played ...(LINK found at BGG)
* If you have any questions please geek mail. (LINK found at BGG)

To stay up to date on club affairs, like us on Facebook at Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Society.

========================================

Also... I did attend the event that I mentioned above on February 22nd, and had a great time meeting a lot of guys who [imho] are "serious War Gamers," but still very interesting nonetheless. They're mostly into the 15mm and 28mm Historical Miniatures, but were very open to anybody playing any type of game at their meetings as long as you paid the $5 fee to help offset the cost for the room rental. It was a great location - very spacious with plenty of tables and chairs, etc. - and actually very easy to get to, being just 5 minutes off of I-476. The NEXT meeting will be on Saturday March 22nd, if any one wants to meet me there for some HeroScape-ing, Leviathans, X-Wings, etc. Here's the details as I received them in an email...

++++++++++
Hello All,

What a winter 2014 has become. March is trying to go out like a Lion this year. We are returning to Covenant United Methodist Church for our Day of Games. Last time we got a chance to play Arab-Israeli War, Russian Front, Crusader Rex, WAB Shieldwall, Bltzkrieg Commander and a Victorian steam pump flying ship game. Hope you can join us for a day of gaming, eating and socializing.

EVENT: Springfield Day of Games
COST: $5 for the day (Reduced Rate, but same amount of time)
TIME: 9 AM until 9 PM.
212 W Springfield RD
Springfield PA 19064-2402
Corner of Springfield Ave and Saxer Ave

GAMES:
#1) West Bank 1967- FoW-AIW The arrival of Israeli Air support may lead to an unbalanced game, but we hope to see some surprises from the Jordanian Army.
#2) Looking back on a Classic War- Peloponnesian War- Sparta vs Athens in this Hail Caesar Battle in 25 mm (Afternoon)
#3) Other Pick-up Games: Historical Zombies, FoG, FoW, WAB, WoW/G, X-Wing, Star Trek attack wing, DBA, Command & Colors, Crusader Rex, Uncharted Seas and Warmachine.

FOOD: Snacks and Soda's on sight, several restaurants in 2 mile radius.

Directions to the Church in Springfield:
Take the Blue Route to Marple/Springfield exit. Then take Rt#1 towards the City go under the "underpass" and the 2nd light make right onto Springfield Ave. Pass soccer fields on you Right and travel about 3 lights. On the corner of Saxer Ave and Springfield Road is the Church.

UP COMING EVENTS:

*** On board the USS Olympia Games Day May 3rd

*** NJCON6 Fire in the East June 6-7th

Thanks
Cliff Brunken
Tri-State Historical and Education Simulations Inc. (THES)
cabrunken@gmail.com

Last edited by Johngee; March 14th, 2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Added second event rather than Double Posting
Old March 25th, 2014, 08:16 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey everybody. I don't know if you are aware, but Saturday April 5th is International Table Top day. I am planning on heading out to The Games Keep in West Chester PA to hang out and play some games from noon until whenever. It would be great if some of you guys could come out and join me. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.
Old March 27th, 2014, 01:59 AM

I've really enjoyed our previous "casual" all day gaming events at GK in WC, but for some reason I think that something else is happening on April 5th. I'll have to check my calendar and get back to you. What games are you in the mood for? My HeroScape, Leviathans, Flash Point, Dungeon Roll, etc. are getting dusty. I've been getting into some great X-Wing sessions any Monday night at ATKM in Pitman. A lot of stores are holding their local championship tournaments right now, but I'm not ready yet for that level of competition... some of these guys are really, Really, REALLY gooooood.

Last edited by Johngee; March 27th, 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: corrected typos
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:58 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I've really enjoyed our previous "casual" all day gaming events at GK in WC, but for some reason I think that something else is happening on April 5th. I'll have to check my calendar and get back to you. What games are you in the mood for? My HeroScape, Leviathans, Flash Point, etc. are getting dusty. I've been getting into some great X-Wing sessions any Monday night at ATKM in Pitman. A lot of stores are holding their local championship tournaments right now.
Hope you can make it Johngee! I am planning on jumping into as many random multi-player games as possible that day. Of course I wouldn't mind playing two player games like Leviathans or Mage Wars either but I think my focus will be on multi-player stuff. I don't have anything specific in mind to play, but I know I am interested in learning new games.
Old March 27th, 2014, 04:13 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

As of right now I fully intend to be there! My schedule is clear at the moment, though who knows how it will be this time next week.

I'm also up for playing some new stuff, I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut games wise.

Anyone seen the promos for Marvel Dice Masters? Looks awesome.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events