Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 21st, 2019, 06:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Vote for Final Edi

I'm actually with Arkham here. I'm not too worried about 'best case scenario' (I'm not going to be fussed if we don't see him up against Fire Ants to see the real power of the Reality Stone or anything), but we need to be sure he's at least still fun to play against in some of his better conditions (which he was the two times I played him solo, particularly vs. the X-Men, and Karat's two games were kind of skewed more by bad luck in the first one and the second being against figures who literally couldn't use their powers against him, but Ronin is going to need to confirm here).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2019, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I think the purest data will come from Thanos versus a couple of standard, reasonably competitive armies that aren't specifically constructed to get around his strengths. Order Marker hubs tend to be part and parcel with that type of thing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 02:03 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Thanos @1200 points

Version:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Thanos (Infinity Quest) (1200) vs Original X-Men, Polaris (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Thanos (Infinity Quest) (1200) vs Captain America, Bucky, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man (Mk. IV), Daredevil (II) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Haven't run a second game yet, but I'm not going to tonight if I hope to sleep, so figured I'd post what I've got so far.

THOUGHTS ON GAME ONE: Kind of a rough game for Thanos - Psionic Grip was really cramping his style, and those crappy attack rolls against Angel to open the game really ruined him. Totally different game if he could have wounded Angel and swatted the Gem away early there.

One small Event Hero misplay in that I let Lorna bubble him once, but I don't think it impacted gameplay too much - only affected him for one turn, and decent odds he might have been Psionic Gripped anyway.

Anyway, the match didn't feel unwinnable for Thanos until the very end, even though there's a decent margin of victory for the X-Men here.

It became pretty clear midway through that 'collect all the Gems' was not a path to victory, but there was a window where it seemed like he might be able to win just through sheer brawn. Might have been able to pull it off if he'd been able to take Jean out when he got his crack at her, but it didn't pan out for him.

THOUGHTS ON GAME TWO: Wow wow wow. Great game. Ran a second Thanos solo since that seems like the biggest point of disagreement/stress here, and dok wasn't too stressed out about his recommendations.

Razor-thin win even though Thanos had the Reality Gem for most of the game.

Last edited by Ronin; February 23rd, 2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 07:48 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Between the CRB weigh-in, the drop of one life, and the solid loss there, I’d personally now feel comfortable voting him forward as is.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 23rd, 2019, 01:03 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Updated with game two. Pre-yea for editing.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 01:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounded epic.

Pre-yea
Old February 23rd, 2019, 11:35 AM

Pre-yea!

Old February 24th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I've been holding off this because I wanted to give space for more comments, plus I've had some other things on my mind. That looked like an awesome game Ronin!
I Propose Moving to Final Editing.
Just two votes needed.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 24th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old February 24th, 2019, 09:33 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That second game quells some concerns about the Reality Gem's strength here. Yea for FE.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 25th, 2019, 01:28 AM
Symbiotic

Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Breathing

Probably needs another pass, but here's my first pass at edits:

Quote:
INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. Thanos can equip glyphs as if he were a Unique Hero and when he rolls the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 to the roll for each special power it has gained, to a maximum of +5.

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game all other players, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Then, you may choose a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game and equip it. At the end of each round, the player who won initiative must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other glyph or any player's figure.

ONE HALF OF ALL LIFE...
Once per game, instead of taking a turn with Thanos, if he is equipped with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and it has the special powers of all six Glyphs of Infinity, you may roll the 20-sided die for all other figures in play, one at a time. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure is destroyed. Thanos cannot use his Incomplete Gauntlet special power for the rest of the game.

REWRITTEN DEATH
Once per game, if Thanos would be destroyed, you may instead remove all Wound Markers from this card and end the round.
Had to add some language (unfortunately) to let him equip glyphs - he needed that because otherwise, if he drops the Gauntlet, he can't pick it back up. Technically he only needs to be able to equip the Gauntlet and not any glyphs - the Gauntlet lets him equip the Gems, but it's shorter to not specify.

Last edited by Ronin; February 27th, 2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: switched to johnny's Rewritten Death
Old February 25th, 2019, 05:00 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Breathing

This Passes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Probably needs another pass, but here's my first pass at edits:

Quote:
INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. Thanos can equip glyphs as if he were a Unique Hero and when he rolls the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 to the roll for each special power it has gained, to a maximum of +5.

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game all other players, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Then, you may choose a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game and equip it. At the end of each round, the player who won initiative must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other glyph or any player's figure.

ONE HALF OF ALL LIFE...
Once per game, instead of taking a turn with Thanos, if he is equipped with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and it has the special powers of all six Glyphs of Infinity, you may roll the 20-sided die for all other figures in play, one at a time. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure is destroyed. Thanos cannot use his Incomplete Gauntlet special power for the rest of the game.

REWRITTEN DEATH
When Thanos would be destroyed for the first time in the game, all Wound Markers are removed from this card instead, and the round ends.
Had to add some language (unfortunately) to let him equip glyphs - he needed that because otherwise, if he drops the Gauntlet, he can't pick it back up. Technically he only needs to be able to equip the Gauntlet and not any glyphs - the Gauntlet lets him equip the Gems, but it's shorter to not specify.
Looking good. Just two changes:

1) Move the 'may pick up Glyphs' thing to Infinity Quest so it isn't negated when he snaps.
2) Should we have some language keeping him from passing the Gauntlet? That was never tested, and I don't want to worry about how strong it could potentially be to give Spider-Man an Infinity Gauntlet.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library