Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 14th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Here's a comparison photo of some Marvel-style basing options.

Left to right:
Official Venom, Blade on a Yodajunkie base, Harley Quinn using Cavalier's sticker and an Impact Miniatures base, and War Machine on the Impact Miniatures' sticker and base.
I've got more pictures and some comparison notes here, if you're interested. There are also some photos showing some of the large single base options.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Is anyone going to be buying bases anytime soon? I might be re-basing some of my figures and maybe we could combine an order.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:09 PM

fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker

Has enyone seen this page?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Heros...item5882cb6e49
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:18 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1 View Post
Yes. Many Scapers use Yodajunkie's bases. This post has some comparison photos of Yodajunkie, Impact, and official bases.

Yodajunkie made molds from the official bases. They are the same shape and size.

And here's a thread with some comparisons of the Classic style bases.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; October 31st, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

I couldn't find any base sticker files that I liked available for download, so I made some of my own. They print much less brown on my not-particularly-color-accurate work printer, but they may need adjusting for others' needs.
Old December 4th, 2014, 07:57 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Can anyone tell me where to get the best deal on bases and stickers? I have around 400+ figures already that need rebasing, and I'd like to be a bit future proof. So buying in bulk for cheaper is preferred.

ImpactMiniatures.com, which has been recommended in here, is selling around 15 bases for $2.50. They are selling 15 bases with stickers for $3.75.

And I'm not sure what sweet deal Bats got for 1000 for $54 after shipping. They are currently selling 1000 for $237.70 just for the bases.

The best pricing I have seen thus far on several sites, is $13.70 for 100 bases. Which is more in the ballpark.

Any suggestions? I'd love to rebase them, but if there aren't any reasonable options, then I'd rather not.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:09 PM

@Aggressive Sock: I don't know what happened with @impactminiatures pricing. I was fortunate to get in on the 1000 bases just before the big price jump. I think it was higher than $54, but not much. The bases are actually cheaper from them now if you order multiples of 15. They come to 16.67 cents apiece vs. 23.8 cents per piece in the "economy" size bag.

Who is selling them $13.70 for 100?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
@Aggressive Sock: I don't know what happened with @impactminiatures pricing. I was fortunate to get in on the 1000 bases just before the big price jump. I think it was higher than $54, but not much. The bases are actually cheaper from them now if you order multiples of 15. They come to 16.67 cents apiece vs. 23.8 cents per piece in the "economy" size bag.

Who is selling them $13.70 for 100?
Yeah, that's quite a price jump, and a pretty "meh" deal. All do respect, but the difference between buying 67 packs of 15($251) vs. buying the bulk of 1,000($237) being only $14 saved, isn't quite the deal that hooks a consumer. I suppose if you need 1,000 regardless, it's still a small savings, but if I want 500, and the 1,000 would only be enticing if I felt it was a deal in the long run if it ever even expanded that much, it'd have to be a much larger savings. The fact that you guys got 1,000 for ~$55 vs. the $237 now(a $182 price increase in 3 years), is pretty confusing. That's awesome you guys got a hold of that when you did.

E-bay. There's also cheaper options on other sites outside of ImpactMiniatures. Which is a shame, because looking back through thgis thread, the guy running IM is a Heroscaper supporter, and was working pretty much hand-in-hand with you guys. I wonder what brought him to raise the prices so high.

Edited: That's a $70 difference. Not $14. Added the wrong 15 base pack into that. So that's a decent deal. I'm still bummed about the radical price increase though.

Last edited by Arkham; December 4th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

Mac122 ... What happened is my Supplier raised my prices to get the bases by 500%. However the bases are my design so if some is actually selling them for under $14 per 100 I would love a link so I could see as I should be able to sell my own product for less than anyone else. . The price for 1000 should be better than the 15 pack so that is an error and I will fix it tonight. -- Tom @ Impact!
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactminiatures View Post
Mac122 ... What happened is my Supplier raised my prices to get the bases by 500%. However the bases are my design so if some is actually selling them for under $14 per 100 I would love a link so I could see as I should be able to sell my own product for less than anyone else. . The price for 1000 should be better than the 15 pack so that is an error and I will fix it tonight. -- Tom @ Impact!
Thanks, Tom! 500% is a crazy number!
@Aggressive Sock : Very true. Tom at Impact has been a great supporter of Scapers.

Not sure about your math, though. 67 packs at $2.50 is $167.50, not $237 - about $70 less. The 1000 count bag is bases only.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
The 1,000 pack is still saving you $70. So there's no error, sorry for the confusion, I explained further in my post right before yours(we posted within the same minute).

And that sucks about the supplier. That's a hell of an increase. I'd prefer not to draw a lot of attention to the seller, because I don't want anyone else buying them up before I make up my mind. lol That's the best price I have seen yet. On your site it comes out about $17.50 +shipping. If I'm not mistaken, I think Noble Knight was selling them for around $2/15 as well. I'm currently waiting for them to restock to see if that's indeed accurate before I make any decision on ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Thanks, Tom! 500% is a crazy number!
@Aggressive Sock : Very true. Tom at Impact has been a great supporter of Scapers.

Not sure about your math, though. 67 packs at $2.50 is $167.50, not $237 - about $70 less. The 1000 count bag is bases only.
Yep, that's my mistake. I was thinking $3.75 from the bases + sticker combo.
Old December 4th, 2014, 09:31 PM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

@Aggressive Sock / @mac122 ,

I was right there was a problem with the database. It was pulling in the USD price as GBP and then converting it to USD. So I've fixed that it should be $12.57 per 100. Glad I was notified of the thread so that I could fix that. So the bases are $0.167 a piece at 15 and $0.1257 each at 100.

AggressiveSock ... you are not going to get a volume deal from Noble Games for a great price because I supply Noble Games (and I know they never order more than 5 packs from me at time.

If you are willing ... email me at impactminiatures@gmail.com with the person selling them for $14 per 100. I would really like to see what they are selling as my price for them at the 1000 is darn close to what I pay to get them. So I'm really interested in checking out what they are selling (in a good way to see if I need to look at resourcing who makes my design). If you are willing to do that ... thanks. If they really are selling 100 bases for under $14 that are as good as mine ... I'll see what I can do to at least match them. (again I'd be amazed as I'm buying these 20,000 at a time at a price that is not much less than $0.14 each ... so color me curious to say the least).

Tom @ Impact!

Last edited by impactminiatures; December 4th, 2014 at 10:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations