Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:43 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker
A Quick Guide to the Omnicrons

I love playing Omnicrons. Rolling low amounts of dice and getting huge attacks are exciting to me. Play them right, and they will prove quite rewarding. I'll start off by explaining each unit individually.

Omnicron Snipers:
These guys are the originals. With a powerful range of 7, comboed with a move of 5 for a threat range of 12, these guys can be devastating. With one doubled attack dice, they thrive off height advantage and attack bonuses. Use this to your advantage. Draft attack boosting units like Taelord, or go for the height as quickly as possible. There defense of three is just below perfect, but they still can survive small attacks. Using Raelin with these guys can form a deadly pod.

Omnicron Repulsors:
In my opinion, these guys are the most difficult to use. Although they boost the attack of your other Omnicrons, use them with caution, as they can be suicidal with Circuitry Overlord. 13.33 points is pretty expendable, but these guys are an important asset of your army. Leading with them is the best option. I find two squads of these is the perfect number.

Zetacron:
The only Omnicron hero comes as a dangerous scout with a threat range of 13! Even 15 with the Venoc Warlord! Having two doubled attack dice is definitely deadly. As a Unique Hero, he(she?) also benefits from having the option of Finn to boost attack. 60 points is a bargain for this hero. One of Zetacron's points that bring him down is his one attack per order marker.

Omnicrons are hard to build a competitive army around. With tricky start zone placement and order marker management, they take some skill to master. Having the perfect balance between Repulsors:Snipers is also key. My favorite build is:

2x Omnicron Snipers (100/200)
2x Omnicron Repulsors (40/280)
Zetacron (60/340)
Finn, the Viking Champion (80/420)
Raelin, the Kyrie Warrior (80/500)

As I mentioned, two squads of Omnicron Repulsors is the best option. They don't clutter your start zone, while providing enough to have some bonuses. They Repulsors also counter popular tournament picks such as Major Q9, Deathreavers, Blastatrons, and Gladiatrons. Two squads of Snipers may not seem like enough, but they have decent survivability with Raelin. Finn increases Zetacron's attack to three, which is a huge improvement from two, especially with doubled attack dice.
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: A Quick Guide to the Omnicrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
My favorite build is:

Zetacron (60/340)
I'll be trying your army against CarnivalBoy this weekend...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sadly, Finn has to die in that army to boost Zeta and facing that army I would make darned sure Zeta was dead before I finished Finn off. Omnicron Repulsors, in my experience, are best used as skirmishers for other armies. As a very cheap figure with a range of 7 and some nice special abilities they can give any army excellent board control for a mere 80 point, six hex investment. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

~Aldin, mecha-ishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Sadly, Finn has to die in that army to boost Zeta and facing that army I would make darned sure Zeta was dead before I finished Finn off. Omnicron Repulsors, in my experience, are best used as skirmishers for other armies. As a very cheap figure with a range of 7 and some nice special abilities they can give any army excellent board control for a mere 80 point, six hex investment. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

~Aldin, mecha-ishly
Interesting insight, Aldin. Getting Finn to die has always been a trouble, which is why I usually prefer Finn in a Knight based army like:

Knights of Weston x2 (70/140)
Omnicron Repulsors x2 (40/220)
Finn, the Viking Champion (80/300)
Sir Gilbert (105/405)
Zetacron (60/465)
Guilty McCreech (30/495)

In this army, Finn proves to be a valuable bonding hero for the Knights, boosting their attack. He also has two decent spirit placements in Zetacron and Guilty McCreech, who both benefit tremendously from extra attack dice. This army uses the Repulsors as skirmishers as you have stated (while also allowing the occasional boost to Zetacron).

How would I be able to improve the Omnicron army?
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Zetacron (60/340)
Try this:

Krav Maga Agents (100/100)
2x Omnicron Repulsors (40/180)
Zetacron (60/240)
Taelord (180/420)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I love playing Omnicrons. Rolling low amounts of dice and getting huge attacks are exciting to me. Play them right, and they will prove quite rewarding. I'll start off by explaining each unit individually.
You should go here and sign up to test out Omegacron, since you like the omnicrons. I can't say much, but you can tell from the name that he's a cron. And from the mini that he looks awesome. If you're interested, head over.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Zetacron (60/340)
Try this:

Krav Maga Agents (100/100)
2x Omnicron Repulsors (40/180)
Zetacron (60/240)
Taelord (180/420)
That's an interesting build right there. I've never really used Taelord and Raelin together in the same army, so I'll have to try that out.

Quote:
You should go here and sign up to test out Omegacron, since you like the omnicrons. I can't say much, but you can tell from the name that he's a cron. And from the mini that he looks awesome. If you're interested, head over.
PM'd Viegon .
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

If you're free this weekend, I was planning to test him out. Maybe we could work together a bit on that. Send me a PM.

Also, quozl, I don't think anybody ever tries to build an army with both Raelin and Taelord, and put it at 500 pts or lower. But that certainly would be interesting to try.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

I know the Repulsors go well with Cyprien, you can probably easily throw in Snipers and/or Zetacron as well and have a competitive army. Maybe something like:

Cyprein...150
Sonya.....195
Repulsorsx2...275
Snipers x2....475

And then use fillers or more Snipers or Zetacron to use up whatever remaining points you have.

Last edited by heroscaper314; May 13th, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

One of my favorite omnicron armies is
4x Repulsors
3x Snipers
and Eltahale for 600 points.
I have beaten many armies with this army. The Repulsors are, in my opinion, very good for only 40 points. When I use them, I pretty much screen them like I would Deathreavers. They can make a great anti-rat screen. As a squad alone, they can fight by having one Repulsor engage the opponent while the other two find height to get an attack of three. (+ 1 for height, +1 for targeting beacon) The Snipers are pretty much what Robounit197 said they were. Elahale is my heavy hitting melee hero, she deals with the powerhouses that could give the omnicrons trouble.

Do the Dew
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM

The problem with using 3x+ squads of Repulsers is the start zone placement. Having them not destroy part of your army is a challenge.
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Here's an army idea for you.

Omnicron Snipersx2
Omnicron Repulsorsx3
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin (ROTV)
500points/19spaces
-------
Battle Strategy:
Use the Raelin boosted Krav to draw your opponent in close. Then, engage your Repulsors with enemy figures and then have the Snipers blast away.
This army should work great, as it forces your opponent to close in on you, which is exactly what you want with a Sniper/Repulsor combo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles