Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 8th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Utgar has had fire and ice since wave 2.5. Brunak (or Obsidian Guards) and Nerak.
Ya, but I never got Nerak until recently, so he didn't exist to me for a while. And besides, nerak doesn't have a problem with Brunak or Obsidians because they were summoned from different places, and he knows that they can kick his butt!

EDIT: I just think that the ice giants should have gone to Valkrill. My 2 cents.
I'm not aware of Frost Giants and Fire Giants having some deep seeded hatred for one another in D&D. Their antagonism is in the Norse Mythology, but not D&D. Even though competition for raiding and stuff might set them at odds, they rule different territories and that level of rivalry would be no different than the Ninjas and Samurai, who fight for the same general.
DING-DING-DING-DING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
First of all this has nothing to do with ice/snow your all missing the point.

1. Jötunn-frost giants in Nordic mythology. Were general on the side of the gods. Not necessarily good but with the gods.

2. Jötnar-fire Giants iin Nordic mythology. Are the bringers of destruction. Surtr ("the black one") sets the world world in fire signaling the Ragnarök or final destruction. They are against the gods.

3 Jötunn are constantly at war with the Jötnar.

Jandar and Ugtar represent the opposite the sides of this conflict. Who in this game has most of the Nordic figures? That does not mean ice and snow. What does the frost giants figures look like? And unless I'm totally out to lunch this is Valhalla still. Should be Jandar period. I would accept Valkrill but not Utgar when he has a fire giant it makes no sense at all or should we just start calling this game d&dscape because that's what it's becoming.
That would be all and good, if these giants were natives of Valhalla. THey are not, they are from another world. Do Syvarris and the other Feylund elves reflect Norse ideas of Elves? Do the original dragons reflect Norse mythology? Do Soulborgs belong in the Norse Valhalla at all?? How about Kyrie? Not even the Valkyrie of HS match up with the Valkyrie of Norse legend.
Elves yes and no, many of the traits including names do but not all. original idea's here.

The dragons do reflect Norse mythology and so many of the other mythical and fantasy creature we had before dooms and day did.

The Syfy and historical figures represent what they are meant to represent.
So, the Valkyrie not being women who take the fallen dead to heaven (Valhalla) doesn't bother you, but Giants summond from a different world not fitting in with Norse myth does?
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:23 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
EDIT: I just think that the ice giants should have gone to Valkrill. My 2 cents.
Maybe Valkrill will be the Lawful Evil General? Utgar seems to get alot of the Chaotic stuff.
I certainly freaking hope not. I'm all for integrating D&D figures into Heroscape, but I seriously don't think we need to start giving Valhallan Valkyrie Generals D&D alignments.

Valkrill is the closest thing we've gotten to Classic Scape in the last year.
Please please please don't take that away from me!
Honestly, I don't think you will have to worry about that too much. I was just grasping at straws, and even the straws I did grab... were wrong (see demons vs devils).

However, I think Valkrill has to bring something new to the table. Utgar has "evil" okay, cool. Valkrill needs some in addition to "Evil Too".

Even if it isn't as blatant as D&D "Lawful Evil", I am hoping Valkrill will be a smaller, more organized, more elite force. I think I said in this thread like 100 pages ago, but an evil version of Vydar.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM

RaiderScaper is surprisingly tart

Long time lurker, first time poster. This site is great.

Anyway, I played D&D when I was younger. One of my favorite campaigns was 'Against the Giants'. Hill, Frost and Fire Giants were the main antagonists. I've been away from that game for a very long time and I know there have been many changes but it seemed as if the giants of evil alignment got along okay. Especially when they had a common goal much like they would in heroscape.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I agree with your mythology Atmospro, but your missing one major detail. These giants aren't Jotunn or Jotnar and aren't being summoned from Nordic Mythology. These are chaotic evil dnd giants being summoned from the dnd world. They have their own mythology that states that they are evil and can go to Utgar. I'd understand if these were Nordic giants, but they're not.

So hell with all of what came before because it's all d&d all the time. All hail d&dscape . NO Thank you.
YMIR was evil....they constantly warred with Odin and his people as well as the fire giants. They are not the good guys.

EDIT: A "giant" characterized by great strength and age, e.g., the rime-thurses or "frost giants".Giants renowned for their witlessness and strength. They were antagonistic, destructive, and stupid.

Wonderful good guys there... but let's blame it all on DnD instead of admitting the actual mythology has them as mean, aggressive and stupid guys....
Yes that was Ymir and his is not the only group. Olin seeks out Mímir and Vafþrúðnir to gain ancient knowledge. Many of the gods spouses are Giants specifically Jotunn. They would never mix with Jotnar unless were talking Loki(evil god) who had two two children who are Jotnar.
So again, by any measure, having one be evil is totally within Norse Mythology canon, so they aren't breaking anything that came before which means you just want to bash DnD because something didn't fit in your very limited view of things.

Quote:
So, the Valkyrie not being women who take the fallen dead to heaven (Valhalla) doesn't bother you, but Giants summond from a different world not fitting in with Norse myth does?
It's pretty plain its just a DnD rant since nothing he states supports a single reason why a frost giant could not be working for Utgar.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Morning all!

Today, we're revealing which Army Cards belong to which Valkyrie Generals.

Tune in next Wednesday for our first preview article, with powers!

Pack 1
The Horned Skull Brutes fight for Valkrill
The Death Chasers of Thesk fight for Valkrill
Pack 2
The Ogre Pulverizer fights for Utgar
The Mezzodemon Warmongers fight for Valkrill
The Death Knights of Valkirll fight for Valkrill
Pack 3
The Frost Giant of Morh fights for Utgar
The Ice Troll Berserker fights for Utgar
The Master of the Hunt fights for Einar<- some good guesses so far, but no one has picked out his sculpt yet.
Pack 4
Evar Scarcarver fights for Vydar
Eltahale fights for Jandar <-still no shots of the sculpt yet
Siege fights for Vydar <-still nothing yet
and Moltenclaw fights for Utgar

I believe the I've seen the sculpts for all the other figures already in the many many pages of speculation!

Next week, the fun starts!
Pack 1: So my very first speculation saying both Bugbears and Orcs would go to Valkrill was right.

Pack 2: We all pretty much knew everything there.

Pack 3: So everything I said came into play a lot. Frost Giant was evil. Troll is evil. And I am thinking Master of Hunt is a type of lion here. It would match Einar's theme of Romans and Greeks. But with most of all lions and horses been picked. What could this be.

Pack 4: I was surprised that the Goliath may not actually be a Goliath. There was that chance of him being Jandar like I said a while back. Wow Siege has not yet been picked. Moltenclaw going to Utgar was a huge curve ball on all of us there.

Here is a picture of the Warforged Titan next to his card.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; September 8th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:26 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Morning all!

Pack 1
Pack 2
Pack 3
The Master of the Hunt fights for Einar<- some good guesses so far, but no one has picked out his sculpt yet.
Pack 4

I believe the I've seen the sculpts for all the other figures already in the many many pages of speculation!

It's a lie! Moltenclaw has to go to Valkrill!

Old September 8th, 2010, 05:33 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post

Is that a USB plug in his left hand?
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:

Yes, it is how the new warforged charge their batteries and update their firmware.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

I think Siege will be the warforged barbarian or the bodyguard

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.

Last edited by tomcollins2000; September 9th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:

Yes, it is how the new warforged charge their batteries and update their firmware.
I always wanted this mini's arms to spin around wopwopwopwopwop

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Quote:
Morning all!

Pack 1
Pack 2
Pack 3
Pack 4

It's a lie! Moltenclaw has to go to Valkrill!
Moltenclaw was a Red Dragon anyway. It was bound to go to Utgar. Guru said in a post that if Moltenclaw was put in Valkrill it wouldnt have thematically fit. He said it would have been forced. If Valkrill gets any dragons, considering his affinity with the extraplanar or darkness, I would assume A Dracolich or a Deep Dragon. Orcs and Bugbears are his shock troops for something far more powerful...

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

Thats got to be siege the figure just screams the name. and it will fit in a heroscape booster. The master of the hunt could be a large insect like a spider or a scorpion. Or better still the gelatanous cube or Cadaver collector due to the fact he hunts corpses. Joking aside though all we really have to go on is that its a large figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News