Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
I think the wording chage on Bloodrush 15 is needed too, as well as the clasue about not being used after Berserker Charge. How about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrush 15
If Asgard Mithrilaxe starts his turn unegaged and moves at lease 5 spaces to become engaged, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move all adjacent small or medium figures 1 space. The affected figures must be moved to a space of the same height or lower and will not take leaving engagement attacks from Asgard. The affected figures will take leaving engagement attacks from other figures. You may not use Bloodrush 15 after using Beserker Charge.
Now I think if consistanely beats opponents in the 100-110 point range then his cost should be bumped up to 110, or at least 105.

Also do you want Bloodrush to be used on friendly figures, because that is currently how it is worded. Personally I don't think he should be able to use an ability called Bloodrush on his own figures without hurting them.
OK, I really like this guy, he screams theme. And Bloodrush is a nice new ability.
I need to playtest a little, but I also agree on wording changed and Hi1^4 looks good.
If he has been playtested by his creator and he kills 100-110 points a game, then I feel a point cost increase is in order. I can name numerous 100 point figures that does not average that high of a total. I'm thinking 110-120.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
If he has been playtested by his creator and he kills 100-110 points a game, then I feel a point cost increase is in order.
I'd say only to 105 if at all. Look at Isamu. He kills 10x his points (from what I've heard), but no one's really complaining (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Also do you want Bloodrush to be used on friendly figures, because that is currently how it is worded. Personally I don't think he should be able to use an ability called Bloodrush on his own figures without hurting them.
That's why I had put "any or all" in my version, so you can choose not to push friendly figures around.

Why should Bloodrush not be allowed use after Berserker Charge? All it means is there's a very small chance he will be able to use it more than once per turn. Or how about "Bloodrush may only be used once per turn"? That way you're not forcing the order of abilities, which, IMO, is a bad idea.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:54 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Why should Bloodrush not be allowed use after Berserker Charge? All it means is there's a very small chance he will be able to use it more than once per turn. Or how about "Bloodrush may only be used once per turn"? That way you're not forcing the order of abilities, which, IMO, is a bad idea.
I don't think it's a problem if he can use it more than once per turn. I just think the extra wording should be there to eliminate any possible doubt. Perhaps change the first sentence to say "Afer moving, and before rolling for Berserker Charge, if Asgard Mithrilaxe moved 5 spaces...."

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I don't think it's a problem if he can use it more than once per turn. I just think the extra wording should be there to eliminate any possible doubt. Perhaps change the first sentence to say "Afer moving, and before rolling for Berserker Charge, if Asgard Mithrilaxe moved 5 spaces...."
I suppose you're right.

How about this, then, FT?

Bloodrush 15
If Asgard Mithrilaxe moves at least 5 spaces and ends his move adjacent to at least one figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move any or all adjacent small or medium figures 1 space each. Figures may only be moved onto same level or lower spaces from their original space and do not take leaving engagement attacks from Asgard for this move. You may only roll for Bloodrush if Asgard was unengaged before moving and before rolling for Berserker Charge.

Also, FT, you're the head judge for the next trial, so set up the thread whenever you're ready.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
I played Asgard against the Romans... A lot. I also tested him against a few other armies. Other than the wording of bloodrush (which I understand is still being tweaked) Asgard was just about perfectly priced at 100 points. Also, the bloodrush is a ridiculously fun (thematically) way to enter into an engagement. For kicks, I put him in a battle against Drake on a high platform on my map. Good times were had as Drake fell and ascended via grapplegun repeatedly. This is definately a fun card!

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Here's a revised version Mithrilaxe

As Pallindromemaster has shown although on paper he seems like a 110 or 120 point unit after Playtesting he is revealed to be a 100 point units. This fact sealed him from getting into the Barracks

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks good, hopefully I can get some playtesting of this guy in soon to see for myself about the 100pts. Now I only have two minor suggestions to the card.

1 - If Bloodrush comes before Beserker Charge, why not put it that way on the card? It's really no big deal though.

2 - Also is it possible to line up the things in the left box, specifically Wild? It just looks out of line.

Old August 20th, 2007, 12:32 AM

I'll try to playtest this guy soon, but minus cleaning up the card (which I'm not really worried about), I'm about ready to give him the approval stamp.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Okay, I've played six rounds with him and he could use a bit of adjustment:

vs. Roman Legionx2
Annihilated. Once they swarmed him he didn't have a chance. Neither special kicked in, though berserk wouldn't have helped.

vs. Roman Legionx1
I guaranteed berserk and bloodrush rather than roll for them and he still lost. Multiple 3&4 die attacks per turn is just overwhelming to his 2 defense even with his 8 life.

vs. Crixus
This was the closest battle. Asgard lost, but only after inflicting four damage on Crixus. It should be noted that one shield defense isn't very useful vs. four dice (because you'd need at least three skulls to potentially get any advantage from it).

vs. Drake
Another reasonably close battle. Neither berserk nor bloodrush are really doing anything for him in the vs. hero role. Two defense just doesn't really slow down the blood loss vs. six dice.

vs. Retarius
Another ugly loss. Retarius was hot with the net and the attack dice - it was all over quickly.

vs. NeGokSa
Mindshackled after eight rounds with only one life left. NGS took less than half damage.

As he stands, Asgard is primarily useful in Carr's role - trying to get past the lines and disrupt the low defense ranged units. Under no circumstance should he try to fight toe-to-toe with similarly priced melee units. As such I would switch bloodrush from a knockback special to one which allowed attacking all adjacent units - and add +1 to the die roll for every wound marker. Even at that he could stand a price reduction to perhaps 80 or so.

~Aldin, trying to true

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Ok I tested him in this battle:

Team 1 : 400 points
2x roman archers
2x roman Legion
Marcus
Crixus

Team 2 : 400 points
MithrilAxe
Guilty
Raelin
Valgaurd
Aubriens
Isamu

Here's the gist of what hapened. The romans started a mving wall wil the arhers backe dthem up. The Aubriens and Guilty got to the high ground. Mithrilaxe charged into the Shield wall, and scattered some of the Romans. Then the Aubriens picked them off, pretty easily, while Valguard helped Mithrilaxe to Beserk and get to Marcus. But The Romans regrouped and crixus came in to lend a hand. Soon the drawf goes down, but not before most of the Romans are destroyed. Allowing the rest of his group to sweep up the leftovers.

IMO: this is a fun unit to use, and with some ranged backup, he decimated the opposition. But I only got to test him once. I now feel that 100 is a bout right, and I'm leaning toward putting my stamp on this one.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:53 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Zaphod,

I wonder what would have happened if you subbed the AE for the 2xRoman Archers. I really, really couldn't get his specals to do him any good. How did four Legoinairres backed by Marcus NOT decimate him the round after he charged them, rebuilding their shield wall at the same time? That's what happened with my try. He knocked them out of the way then on their next turn they reformed and started slaughtering him with Asgard unable to knock them away again (even with a second lucky roll) because the disengagement would have cost him three passing swipes. I don't doubt you had a good experience with him. I just can't quite figure out why our experiences were so drastically different.

~Aldin, who might be frenzied

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Zaphod,

I wonder what would have happened if you subbed the AE for the 2xRoman Archers. I really, really couldn't get his specals to do him any good. How did four Legoinairres backed by Marcus NOT decimate him the round after he charged them, rebuilding their shield wall at the same time? That's what happened with my try. He knocked them out of the way then on their next turn they reformed and started slaughtering him with Asgard unable to knock them away again (even with a second lucky roll) because the disengagement would have cost him three passing swipes. I don't doubt you had a good experience with him. I just can't quite figure out why our experiences were so drastically different.

~Aldin, who might be frenzied
He got help from the elves, they frenzied twice and picked off most of the Legionaires before they knew what hit them. I am sure if the elves were not there as backup, poor Asgard would have been slaughtered in the regroup. But after that round, the Romans were down to three Legionares and Some archers. Crixus is who made the Roman Army last longer than it should have, but the Gladiator has a knack of doing that.

My thoughts are that if this guy does not have good backup, he probally will not last long. Also I think my defending Army could have been btter, because I have never used the Romans before. I do not even own them, I proxied them to get the affect of breaking up a shield wall.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards