Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Frank'n'stay Woo who?
Re: Should I buy this...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharles View Post
Let me ask you smart folks this...

Can I reasonably expect to trade parts of the items in total for the items I still need?

Specifically, the Onyx Vipers and the convention exclusives, (one of each - excluding this year - I have a friend who's gonna' hook me up with the new Agent one)?

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
That's even somewhat low ball for what you'll probably get particularly for the older waves.

R~
That really depends on who you ask... Personally, if I had the Onyx Vipers, I'd trade them in a heartbeat for some Marro Drones or Q9!
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I agree with those that are saying: if you need most of this, then yes it is a great deal. You are cutting down the hunting and searching of many months into one purchase.

If you only need a few things, then it is okay and depends on whether you really want to do all the trading, selling off, etc.

If you don't have a lot of this, then, yes, go for it.

[Oh, and I don't think anything in there is going to bag you exclusives/promotionals. Sorry, but I doubt it. Most of those only go for other rare items, a significant amount of money, or to friends. Good luck in the quest for the last of the holy grails of HS...]
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM

lharles Woo who?

...and that is the sort of answer in relation to my remaining needs that I was looking for.

Unlikely to be able to utilize the stuff in this lot to get the exclusives. Check.

That really decreases the likelihood of my purchasing the lot.

Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I agree with those that are saying: if you need most of this, then yes it is a great deal. You are cutting down the hunting and searching of many months into one purchase.

If you only need a few things, then it is okay and depends on whether you really want to do all the trading, selling off, etc.

If you don't have a lot of this, then, yes, go for it.

[Oh, and I don't think anything in there is going to bag you exclusives/promotionals. Sorry, but I doubt it. Most of those only go for other rare items, a significant amount of money, or to friends. Good luck in the quest for the last of the holy grails of HS...]

My want/trade list...

Good traders/trades: 'cosmosis', 'holylink718'
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

For me, this would be about getting the extra commons and terrain options that make the game more exciting. If you already have (plenty) multiples of these, then, yes, I wouldn't go for it. But if you are just in the 2x category right now, I'd jump at this. (If I had the $ available, of course.)
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I know I personally have an extra set of EOV and there are quite a few things I would be interested in that lot.

If you are on the fence, perhaps you could PM me and we could see what kind of deal we could work out.
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM

tppytel is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharles View Post
Unlikely to be able to utilize the stuff in this lot to get the exclusives.
I think you could probably wangle some trades if you're willing to trade the good parts of the lot - Gruts, Romans, Drones, Knights, etc. That's the stuff everyone wants. Of course, you could probably just as easily sell those parts on eBay and buy the exclusives you want straight up. If I had an extra exclusive fig, I'd probably expect two opened good packs (Gruts, Romans, etc.) in trade. Otherwise, why not just list it on eBay myself and get the $40-$50 for it?

It's the common stuff that's a pain. You never know until you ask, but it always seems to me that there's an enormous amount of wishful thinking in the trade thread. A whole lot of "I've got Nakitas and Gorillanators for your Woo," and similar. People with spare exclusives will generally have plenty of that stuff already.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
When I evaluate lots like these, I tend to think about how much I'd be getting "for free" given standard resale prices. Given what I've seen things go for on eBay lately, that lot would break down as follows, assuming everything is opened, but in otherwise fine condition:

RotV 1st - $40 ($20 for the water, $20 for the terrain)
SotM - $20
Castle - $20
Forest - $15
Lava - $20
Tundra - $30
Orm's - $15
Raknar's - $15
Wave 1: 4x $20 = $80
Knights - $20
Drones - $20
Krug, etc. - $20
Archers/Glads - $25
Other Boosters: 12x $8 = $96

Total: $426

Note that if the items were unopened, they'd be quite a bit more expensive (which always puzzles me, considering how HS figs are nearly indestructible). So you could eBay off $330 worth of that, pay eBay/Paypal it's 10% or so, and end up with about $100 worth of "free" stuff (paid for by your time reselling it, which could be considerable).

I would say that it's an OK deal, but not great. If you needed most of the stuff yourself then it would be a slam dunk, because buying it all together would save you ton of time and a bundle in individual shipping costs. But I'd probably pass on it if it were just for trade bait or giveaways.
Where the hell can i get a forest set for $15?
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM

tppytel is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt Lo View Post
I'm guessing that's what you would get for a used one, given that new ones are $20. Again, this is all opened stuff he's talking about.
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I got the 2 I have for $9 on clearance at WalMart.
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:35 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
I got the 2 I have for $9 on clearance at WalMart.
Can I neg-rep someone out of petty jealousy for their good fortune?

I have only EVER found forest online...

Old July 17th, 2008, 11:57 AM
has been BANNED

omgitsjihad is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey, (and I say this in all seriousness)

If you don't want to buy this, please let me know so I can buy it. I need more Scape. If you choose to buy it, and don't want any parts of it, again, let me know, and I will buy it from you. Finally, I am willing to go half with you, and split it up, lol.

JihaD
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM

lharles Woo who?

SO, it looks like I'll be purchasing this lot this week.

I'll be paying a visit to the seller on Friday.

Once I verify everything is there, I'll be posting in the trading thread in an attempt to get the things I don't have. After that, I'll see what happens. I may just keep the lot of it, if things don't seem to be working out with trading.

Thank you VERY much to the folks who took the time to respond and discuss this with me, sincerely.

Lharles

My want/trade list...

Good traders/trades: 'cosmosis', 'holylink718'

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion