Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 19th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The Frost Giants are sort of a perpetual source of weird FAQs and mechanical confusion. Wouldn't want to base anything too closely on them.
Heh, yeah, they were fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Maybe summut more akin to Ice or Mister Freeze?
Hmm, I'll have to sift through all the icy peeps in the index, I suppose. He really more "freezes in place" than actually "freezes with ice." More like pushing pause on a remote than anything with cold, per se.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The Frost Giants are sort of a perpetual source of weird FAQs and mechanical confusion. Wouldn't want to base anything too closely on them.
Heh, yeah, they were fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Maybe summut more akin to Ice or Mister Freeze?
Hmm, I'll have to sift through all the icy peeps in the index, I suppose. He really more "freezes in place" than actually "freezes with ice." More like pushing pause on a remote than anything with cold, per se.
Maybe something forcing the defender to skip their next turn?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 19th, 2018, 03:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Baron Zemo's Adhesive X Trap is a good starting point. Might do something like that, but with a D20 roll.

ADHESIVE X TRAP
When a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Baron Zemo begins its turn, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, that figure cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph this turn.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I think Baron Zemo's Adhesive X Trap is a good starting point. Might do something like that, but with a D20 roll.

ADHESIVE X TRAP
When a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Baron Zemo begins its turn, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, that figure cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph this turn.

Yeah and just do the "until you remove your next OM or the end of the round" language if it's meant to be part of an attack...

There may be a spell that does something similar to look at for wording inspiration as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How about placing your X OM on their card to mark they are frozen?
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

ADHESIVE X TRAP

Yeah and just do the "until you remove your next OM or the end of the round" language if it's meant to be part of an attack...

There may be a spell that does something similar to look at for wording inspiration as well.
Is there already a spell that does it? If so, and he can use spells as someone with Magical Defense, then adding it here would feel redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How about placing your X OM on their card to mark they are frozen?
That'd be interesting. Would it be on there for multiple rounds? And you wouldn't get to use your "X" until it was back? Of course it'd be potentially broken to make it so someone couldn't move, attack, or use powers for that long.

Old July 19th, 2018, 04:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

ADHESIVE X TRAP

Is there already a spell that does it? If so, and he can use spells as someone with Magical Defense, then adding it here would feel redundant.

Not 100% certain but I remember some kind of stopping ability...I'm not the one to count on for Spell stuff.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

The closest spell, I believe would be the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which is somewhat different.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It would need someway to release them for sure, like a wound or a friendly adjacent figure.
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:13 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just remove it when you place OMs at the beginning of your turn.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old July 21st, 2018, 05:12 PM

OK, I want to massively simplify Skeletor here and get the theme and mechanics a bit cleaner. I'll still represent the any-artifact idea but let everything else depend on the condition of the battlefield. I also want to let the already in place, awesome spell system carry some of the weight here rather than adding a whole ton of equipment glyphs to the glyph pool.

Anywhere, here's where I'm at currently (let me know if y'all think the spell power would be too gamebreaking!):

SKELETOR
KELDOR

ETERNIAN
UNIQUE HERO
SORCEROR
ENVIOUS
MEDIUM 5

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5
? POINTS

POWER GRAB
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Object of Power symbol-side up on this card. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of moving, if Skeletor is unengaged, you may roll one combat die. If you roll a blank or a shield, immediately end your turn. If you roll a skull, flip any symbol-side up Glyph on this card power-side up. Add one die to Skeletor’s Attack and subtract one die from his Defense for each power-side up Glyph on this card. Skeletor can equip an Equipment Glyph even if there are other Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2.

HAVOC STAFF
When Skeletor casts a spell during his turn, he may cast one additional spell.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Skeletor is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Skeletor can take for this attack is one.

If the Havoc Staff power is too powerful, I might go with something like an "instead of attacking" or making you remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the card to use the second spell.

Old July 21st, 2018, 05:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm not that worried about Havoc Staff from a balance perspective, but I probably would give it a mechanical flourish just since the mechanic is so simple, but the name would make it totally unreusable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy