Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Ninja Dust

Re: The Book of Sujoah

i dont think Sujoah is a good figure. the bug is just too much points for horrible attack and defense
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
i dont think Sujoah is a good figure. the bug is just too much points for horrible attack and defense
Lethal Sting is actually quite effective, but I agree; Sujoah is what I would coin a "Shiroi"-type figure; one who isn't horrible but doesn't serve any single strong purpose in the game, and much better Units could be purchased for the same or slightly more points.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

I don't know, 4 and 4 with 8 move is really good to fly across the map and do some damage. Sure Sujoah is expensive, but he can still do damage to low life or low defense heroes quickly.

And when it comes to using Sujoah with the spiders, I just don't love the idea. Spiders can't keeps up with Sujoah because they can't fly, and they don't benefit Sujoah in any way, so once Sujoah is gone the spiders are just a waste of points. The only time I would use spiders and Sujoah are when I have a Wyvern or two for the spiders to also bond with, just to kind of make it easier for OMs and to adds another potent force for after Sujoah dies.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniour View Post
I don't know, 4 and 4 with 8 move is really good to fly across the map and do some damage. Sure Sujoah is expensive, but he can still do damage to low life or low defense heroes quickly.

And when it comes to using Sujoah with the spiders, I just don't love the idea. Spiders can't keeps up with Sujoah because they can't fly, and they don't benefit Sujoah in any way, so once Sujoah is gone the spiders are just a waste of points. The only time I would use spiders and Sujoah are when I have a Wyvern or two for the spiders to also bond with, just to kind of make it easier for OMs and to adds another potent force for after Sujoah dies.
I wholeheartedly agree. The Fyorlag Spiders had potential, but blew it by not expanding on the whole bug-themed army thing.

And it wasn't a bad idea, either.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM

yeah I know, with Sujoah and Wyverns being the only predators, your options are very limited, and the spiders are practically useless in a competitive inviorment
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
yeah I know, with Sujoah and Wyverns being the only predators, your options are very limited, and the spiders are practically useless in a competitive inviorment
And their usefulness as a Common Squad is hampered even further by costing around $50 nowadays (proabably more) seeing as they are in a Large Terrain expansion set.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
And their usefulness as a Common Squad is hampered even further by costing around $50 nowadays (proabably more) seeing as they are in a Large Terrain expansion set.
I had a couple squads because my friend got the jungle when it first came out, but I never use them. But it's definitely going to be hard for them to build a reputation now as any new players who want to experiment with them can't if they don't have either a couple jungle packs or a bunch of money

Last edited by Juniour; January 12th, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

You have to use the preadators like preadators. Stalk and single out units you know you can kill. Paying attention to the personality can give you an idea of how to best use a unit. But yeah, Sujoah sucks if you just throw him into the middle of a battle.

The spiders can be effective just for order marker management. Draft Sujoah and a bunch of Wyverns with one squad of spiders. Keep one spider in your start zone and put all the order markers on it just for the bonding. Its an interesting way to keep your activations flexible.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
You have to use the preadators like preadators. Stalk and single out units you know you can kill. Paying attention to the personality can give you an idea of how to best use a unit. But yeah, Sujoah sucks if you just throw him into the middle of a battle.

The spiders can be effective just for order marker management. Draft Sujoah and a bunch of Wyverns with one squad of spiders. Keep one spider in your start zone and put all the order markers on it just for the bonding. Its an interesting way to keep your activations flexible.
yeah thats the only reason I really use spiders is if i have multiple predators. It sucks when you have all your order markers on someone and they die before you even get to your two, waste of a round. Thats the good thing about spiders though, they eliminate that possibility
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
I had a couple squads because I got the jungle when it first came out, but I never use them. But it's definitely going to be hard for them to build a reputation now as any new players who want to experiment with them can't if they don't have either a couple jungle packs or a bunch of money
Didn't you just get all of your scape from someone else? Pretending you actually bought a Jungle set. Humph. Liar.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Talking Re: The Book of Sujoah

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post

yeah thats the only reason I really use spiders is if i have multiple predators. It sucks when you have all your order markers on someone and they die before you even get to your two, waste of a round. Thats the good thing about spiders though, they eliminate that possibility
Even so, their fragile size and their frail 2 defense leave them wildly open to ranged attacks (although their size does help when trying to conceal them).

EDIT: 'd by a Wookie?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM

yeah if I were to do that I probably wouldnt have just one squad with a lone spidey in the back, I would go with a couple squads, that way I'm not pissed when the one in the very back dies. But they can't really do much either, and they die quickly, they're as annoying as rats, but they're only annoying when they're on you team.

haha wookiee doesn't know what hes talking about

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units