Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM

Daddio is surprisingly tart
LOS

OK, nobody has chimed in on the earlier question about LOS. Like Q9, I'm seeing Q10 blocking his own LOS. It kinda sucks, but it sticks to the rules, and makes him balance out.

I won't comment on the earlier discussion, except to say he's super cool and has a refreshing variety of attacks - I love using him.

But on his LOS, I've been playing that he's got an open LOS in the area he's looking. He clearly can't see behind himself, but he's also leaning away and blocking his right side with that upraised arm.

His left, however, is pretty open, and he's leaning out. I try to play LOS literally, including Q9's shoulder pads, and getting behind someone like Jotun.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
Re: LOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio
OK, nobody has chimed in on the earlier question about LOS. Like Q9, I'm seeing Q10 blocking his own LOS. It kinda sucks, but it sticks to the rules, and makes him balance out.

I won't comment on the earlier discussion, except to say he's super cool and has a refreshing variety of attacks - I love using him.

But on his LOS, I've been playing that he's got an open LOS in the area he's looking. He clearly can't see behind himself, but he's also leaning away and blocking his right side with that upraised arm.

His left, however, is pretty open, and he's leaning out. I try to play LOS literally, including Q9's shoulder pads, and getting behind someone like Jotun.
This is an open question. My take is that the raised shoulder is simply a pose and therefore does not block the line of sight. it's not a physical part of his body that protrudes into his view (a la Q9's shoulder pads).

This, of course, assumes that half his body isn't shorter than the other half.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'm 99% sure they play the same way.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Daddio is surprisingly tart
Stop thinking so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Necro, do you mean Q9 and Q10?

I'd have to disagree if so, since Q10 lacks the shoulder pads. IMHO, play the figure as they stand. Don't try to make up ideas about whether they could turn around in real life; just play them as they stand.

If you go the route of re-thinking them, you'll have to ignore our pal Grimmy's tail. In real life, that dino would be able to move his danged tail out of the way. Yet, the rules clearly indicate that his tail is a barrier.

I play them literally, because if not, you'll be re-thinking ALL the characters soon, and it will be chaos! Anarchy! Madness! When will it all end????
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Stop thinking so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Necro, do you mean Q9 and Q10?
Yes, I mean them. I think we have confirmation of that somewhere, too.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you look under the flap for Swarm of the Marro, you'll see a prototype version of Major Q10 that is Height 7. What in the world caused him to be a lesser height?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM

I don't know, but more humans are height 4 now, too. Apparently people were climbing too fast?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:25 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, apparently. Someone playtested too much with the Glyph of Valda and Eldgrim.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, I just played by inaugural Swarm of the Marro game, Good vs. Bad, and Q10 was the VIP without a doubt. SO versatile. One turn he mowed down three Nagrubs, the next he dealt four damage to Tor-Kul-Na. By the end of the game, he (and Shiori, but she didn't do much) were the only ones left!

My favorite of the set by far.
Old December 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
My friend Rennix played me in a 600 point game recently.

I dont remember the exact units we had but what I do remember is him having Sonlen and Major Q10 as his last units and me being unable to break through the two of them. If Q10 got hurt he'd take some turns with Sonlen to try to heal him.
If I started to swarm them, He would take more turns with Q10 to get the multiple attacks.
After his come from behind victory with those two heroes, he said he plans to use them both together most often then not.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old December 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot
My friend Rennix played me in a 600 point game recently.

I dont remember the exact units we had but what I do remember is him having Sonlen and Major Q10 as his last units and me being unable to break through the two of them. If Q10 got hurt he'd take some turns with Sonlen to try to heal him.
If I started to swarm them, He would take more turns with Q10 to get the multiple attacks.
After his come from behind victory with those two heroes, he said he plans to use them both together most often then not.
Concentrating 310 points in two units is a risky proposition with a high upside, but a potential devastating downside as well. The important thing in that combo is that Sonlen can heal himself. Otherwise, it would not work. That explains his cost partially (he's the only unit that can heal himself). Q10 is simply awesome (I think of it a Kaemon on steroids). Try using him in Vydar Soulborg army with Laglor, and you'll have some fun as well. SotM is greatly enhanced by all the excellent units in the set and Q10 is definitely one of them and a great addition to the Vydar Soulborg armies. I've not used Sonlen yet - not even play testing, but I'll have to try it.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
vampires can heal themselves too, although Sonlen is unique in being able to do it without killing the enemy. I don't think it is a very fair criticism of Q10 to just say, save the 30 points and go for Q9. Using that same logic in most cases once should rarely draft Kaemon, all you have to cut some points and upgrade him into Q9.

Kaemon gets alot of love but superior range, better defense, soulborg immunities, size immunities, laglor enhancement, and blastatron boosting and a more flexibile special attack are easily worth those extra 30, even if he lacks counterstrike

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units