Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Seems to be the key to this topic, but really . . .

Is there any 500 point army worth using that effectively uses the sacred band and parmenio - including his disciplined influence bonus. I am finding it extremely difficult, especially in a themed army (including some type of range).
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Uh... shore.

Parmenio - 90 pts.
Marcus - 190 pts.
Sacred Bandx2 - 290 pts.
Airborne Elite - 400 pts.
Krav Maga - 500 pts. (Make them Disciplined)

You know, if you really had to have the Sacred Band. It kills me there's no contest between Greeks and Romans.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
This is a shore:

This should be sure:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina
Uh... shore.

On topic, that's not a bad army...except for Parmenio and the Sacred Band. :P

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM

goodhueq has disabled reputation
ha ha

LOL. Valguard wants to play with them, but Parmenio, 2 Greeks, and Valguard are 300 points, and the only good part about the army is that you can move 5 bad pieces in one turn. No range, and no specials makes them a bad army; especially compared to Marcus and his Romans, who can bond with NeGokSa and MeBurqSa for amazing armies. At least Parmenio makes the SB playable when you have nothing else.

3 MS,2 SOTM,2 FOTA,1 Orm,1 Raknar,3 RTTFF,1 TT,2 VW,2 Wave 1,2 MM/Wolves,2 KOW/Swog,1 Barrenspur,0 Wave 3,2 AA/Glad,2 Armoc/Greek,1 Blast/Stalkers,1 Law/Sam,1 Trollsford,1 Nak/Glad,4 WOA/Rats,1 Ninja/Sam,2 Wave 6 + 1 Zomb,1 Wave 7 + 1 each unique,1 each flagbearer,3 gold Zomb (thanks Dustin).
Old November 12th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
Seems to be the key to this topic, but really . . .

Is there any 500 point army worth using that effectively uses the sacred band and parmenio - including his disciplined influence bonus. I am finding it extremely difficult, especially in a themed army (including some type of range).
There is some long philosophical discussion about the Sacred Band under the Book Of The Sacred Band. Some food for thought for sure. IMO the Sacred Band/Parmenio usability is underappreciated, but I seem to be one of the few.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I think Raelin or Q9 are pretty good reasons to use Disciplined influence. I find that Knights of Weston, Romans, and Sacred Band can be alright deathreaver subsitutes.

Parmenio 90
2x Sacred Band 190
Major Q9 370
Kaemon Awa 490
Isamu 500

(This is something that I didn't spend much time thinking about at all, but it's not terrible.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Parmenio

Ok I need a point of clarification regarding Parmenio's Disciplined influence and Otonoshi's Attack the Wild. If Parmenio makes the WILD personality hero disciplined in order to have an all diciplined army then Otonoshi cannot use Attack of the Wild on them correct?

(I will post the answer in the Otonoshi's book also...Thanks)
Old July 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

If it changes their personality, I'm sure that Otanashi doesn't get the bonus then.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So if Otonashi is in an opposing army, could you use Parmenio to make sure she never gets Attack the Wild by using his influence on any wild unit she may be attacking?

Still, that's a 90 (or 100? I don't remember) counter to a 10 point figure.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
So if Otonashi is in an opposing army, could you use Parmenio to make sure she never gets Attack the Wild by using his influence on any wild unit she may be attacking?

Still, that's a 90 (or 100? I don't remember) counter to a 10 point figure.

You can only make 1 unique army card diciplined
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that Parmenio's Disciplined Influence was made for Drake. He is a soilder, but valient. If you field Parmenio then you are fielding the SB, and if you are feilding the SB then you are fielding Marcus (who would choose Parmenio over Marcus).
This means that Drake goes well with Marcus. SotM Drake with a move of 7 and a potential attack of 7, not bad. The only problem is valiant personality, but Parmenio takes care of that.

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Umm. I don't. I think it was made for all non-disciplined units, but does benefit some more than others. A good example would be the non-disciplined warlords. The Sacred Band can bond with Valguard, but would lose the disciplined army bonus if not for Parmenio. In an army with both Greeks and Romans, the Romans can bond with the Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, and Me-Burq-Sa, all of whom would take away the disciplined army bonus without Parmenio.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units