Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 18th, 2007, 06:16 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Jonathan's customs - Agent DeSoto, Zettian Infiltrator -3/12

Alright, here's two more from the last batch of "activity (more pics on p. 4). As always, any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated:

Agent DeSoto came about because the thought of a Samurai Agent always seemed cool (I had seen the movie "Six String Samurai" in college and that image of dude in suit with sword seems to have stuck with me). With the extra SotM Drake, all of the pieces came together to create Mr. DeSoto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Zettian Infiltrator came about when I realized that Drake 2's helmet had this weird flat overhang that seemed perfect for a Zettian face. I loved the grapple gun ability, and wanted to do something else with it - make a figure that does not become the center piece of your army. The "Zettian Handshake" ability is kind of silly, but matches the theme of "infiltration" and "surprise, I'm a robot from Utgar".

Ju-Kree-Sa is a modded Ne-Gok-Sa that started out when I had a little extra modeling compound made up and nothing else to do with it. I stuck a tentacle on Ne-Gok-Sa, and it looked so cool, I went back and added 2 more. Switched out NeGo's head for a Marro Warrior's, and painted him up.

With the abilities, I wanted him to be anti-swarm, which is where the Tentacle Drain comes in. He only gets to drain after his attack, so he should only be able to heal himself when he's engaged with multiple squaddies or a big ol' bad hero.

More pics on p. 4!

For some reason the sculpt for Tor-Kul-Na always looked like the "first" vampire from countless vampire movies - somewhat sub-human, but very scary-looking. So chop that Marro off, add some undies and a little paint, and viola!

Let me know what you think!

Pics on page 3

I'm sure there's been 75,000 Dreadguls customs created, but here's mine:

If anyone else out there has one, let me know and we can compare These guys were made from Minions and a little putty to cover up the wing-wounds.

Pics on page 3

Here's Beastwalker 8000:

Originally, I wanted to make a flying mount for the soulborgs, but the wings made the character too busy and I found it just looked cooler without them.

more pics on page 2.

Once I saw the hair on the Einar Imperium, I knew it must be done. I'm not super-proud of the faces - I need to work A LOT on my sculpting skills, but they look pretty cool if you're not staring at their grills.

Hands courtesty of some AE and Krav.

This guy gets to fly... sometimes. Seems to work pretty well, and is really fun when accompanied by "rocket" sound effects I chose Einar, since if Einar's picking the best of the best soldiers, he should have at least one American, and tricky because the dude wears a jetpack.

More pics on page 2.

So the thought behind these 2 was that if there is a glyph of Kelda, and a Kyrie named Kelda, why can't the same be true for other Glyphs/Kyrie?

So, enter Lodin, a tricky Kyrie for Vydar who used the body from Tommy Krav, hands from an Imperium, and wings from Raelin. The blindfold was added because if the dude's so lucky, he doesn't need to see.

For Rannveig, my first though is that he was angry - a screamer. Why is he angry? He disobeyed Utgar and got his wings cut for it, that's why. So his aura affect all characters as he has been WAY UPSET ever since. Even without his wings, he's still the fastest of the Kyrie, and unleashed on the battlefield is a force to be reckoned with. He was created with a Parmenio head, a Spartacus body, a home-made neck, and chopped wings from a Minion.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I really like those guys Jonathan. Lodin would certainly be great to use with the Anubian Wolves, much better than the Dork Lord. He'd also be great to use with the Marro Drones and Warriors, much cheaper than SBN.

Regarding Rannveig, I really like this guy. He can certainly be used to help protect some units on high ground from getting attacked from flying units. Imagine the Minions or Sentinels actually having to walk elevation up to reach their prey, it would take them forever and make them sitting ducks. Also would keep Charos from flying in and engaging and tying up a bunch of guys. Since he doesn't have breath, he'd be out of luck in many cases trying to reach his prey.

They both look very nice as well. Good job!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:17 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Good customs. I like the idea of creating the characters from the glyph names.
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Jonathan's customs - 2 Kyrie - 5/18/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
The blindfold was added because if the dude's so lucky, he doesn't need to see.
So how does Lodin manage to have a 4 clear site when he can't see? Hehe I'm joking, man. I think your customs are awsome. This dual wielded guy kicks butt.

Yep Parmenio is a beautiful man compared to Spartacus HAHAHA. I mean Spartacus' face reminds me of Bruce Lee in Green Hornet rather than a gladiator . Rannveig looks like the way a hero should be and he has a great ability. Wind Aura would be really useful in the battlefield, specially when your enemy drafted a lot of flyers.

Old May 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Re: Jonathan's customs - 2 Kyrie - 5/18/07

[quote="Ugly-Caco"]
Quote:
So how does Lodin manage to have a 4 clear site when he can't see? Hehe I'm joking, man.
He just knows, just like he knows that you're making fun of him right now.

Duh-Duhn!

Thanks for the kind words!
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
These two are nice. Great job. Would you have any pics of the figures themselves? Interested in seeing how the chopped wings came out.
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:10 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Those look great! Well made figures and reasonable costs. I'd love to field those guys!
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Very Cool!
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Cool stuff. Lodin doesn't have to say his aura doesn't affect Lodin, because he doesn't have anything to roll the d20 for.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Cool stuff. Lodin doesn't have to say his aura doesn't affect Lodin, because he doesn't have anything to roll the d20 for.
Hot Lave Death?

I'll try to post some "action" pics later.
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Hot Lave Death?

I'll try to post some "action" pics later.
Isn't "hot lava death" the player rolling the d20 and not the figure?

EDIT: Indeed it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molten Lava Tiles on .com
When a figure moves onto a molten lava space, you must roll for molten lava damage.

Rolling for molten lava damage: Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, your figure has miraculously survived. If you roll a 1-19, your figure is destroyed.
Emphasis mine.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Well, I was stretching Thanks for the check on that!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards