Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 10th, 2007, 08:36 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
Marro Drudge Swamp Tunneling

The card reads:

"If a Marro Drudge ends its movement on a swamp water space, you may immediately place it on any empty same-level swamp water space within 5 spaces."

Does the swamp water where you tunnel to have to be connected to where you end the move by other swamp water hexes?

Nothing in the wording says so, but that pesky 'common sense' would make you think it would have to be connected. If you look at the Xualtiaca battlefield, from the SOTM rules, there's a stream that flows out of the swamp. The stream has both swamp and water tiles. Now, common sense would say that the tunneling could happen through the water hexes, but there's also a way to get to the swamp hexes by tunneling through sand hexes.

Is that allowed? Can you tunnel through non-swamp water and non-liquid hexes?

Here's a link to the battlefield:
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...cs/page_20.jpg

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM

that guy has disabled reputation
Yes you can tunnel to an unconnected swamp.
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
It's all connected underground.
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's the circle of life...err swamp...

I believe your reasoning is correct, Phaethon!

Newb.
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM

sachsen Woo who?
Now that we've got that answered, can we please discuss that secret passageway from the Lounge to the Conservatory? I mean, where the heck does THAT thing go? And from the Kitchen to the Study? Are there tunnels under the house? If they're in the walls, I can't see how it's connected all the way without going through an exterior or interior doorway somewhere. I just don't get it. And to be able to get all the way to the opposite corner of the house in one instant? Is it some kind of teleporting device we don't know about? Was Mr. Boddy a mad scientist?

Questions, questions...
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen
Now that we've got that answered, can we please discuss that secret passageway from the Lounge to the Conservatory? I mean, where the heck does THAT thing go? And from the Kitchen to the Study? Are there tunnels under the house? If they're in the walls, I can't see how it's connected all the way without going through an exterior or interior doorway somewhere. I just don't get it. And to be able to get all the way to the opposite corner of the house in one instant? Is it some kind of teleporting device we don't know about? Was Mr. Boddy a mad scientist?

Questions, questions...
Four-dimensional space.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Humm... If this is true, you can imagine a scenario with the Hive protected behind a castle with Marro Drudge "popping" in and out of the castle from under the wall!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Quote:
Humm... If this is true, you can imagine a scenario with the Hive protected behind a castle with Marro Drudge "popping" in and out of the castle from under the wall!

Aranas
LOL! That is why you don't build a castle in a swamp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Famous Movie
When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

Newb.
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I think the swamp-castle map on the hasbro website has swamp in and out of the castle. You just might be a genius. For defending or attacking that's pretty cool.
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen

Questions, questions...
Colonel Mustard, with a block of C-4. Well, the rest is irrelevant isn't it?

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Ultarium has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Quote:

Aranas
Genious! Im doing that 1st thing. Im gonna make a castle where the only way in and out are swamp tunneling. That way the drudge will get their full worth for me. Muahahahaha my brother will hate me for it.

Dont you wish your Kyrie was hot like me!
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Marro Drudge Swamp Tunneling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas View Post
Quote:

Aranas
Think of helm's deep it helps a lot

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's