Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 4th, 2022, 12:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
obviously beyond excited for this. I'll echo that unpainted is of course disappointing and the sculpts don't totally feel like heroscape. hopefully whatever awful thick paint job I slather on there will help bring that feeling back. the hero only masterset approach is interesting as well. I'm very curious in what ways this will differ from classic scape.

something else I didn't see anyone else mention - is that old clear/sparkly water in the pics? is the terrain just all old pieces? it's a curious choice to use that vs the more modern flat blue water.

also curious if this will bring down or raise prices on old pieces. more availability of potential reissues vs influx of new players. I can't be the only one whose collection is probably a decent slice of their net worth lol!
The terrain in the display is not necessarily what will be used in the set. They just grabbed some Heroscape terrain to put the figures on for display.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Excellent sum up of the Heroquest Path Grim. They have done a nice job with that.
Hey man! You are welcome! If anyone has any questions about HeroQuest please ask away. And congrats on being part of the team bring this back Sky!
What is the fan site for Heroquest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Who is the dragon lady?
Back when Hasbro was deciding how to package shipments of the first large expansion sets ("Road to the Forgotten Forest" terrain set and "Orm's Return" unique large hero set), she who was deemed 'Dragon Lady' made the decision to pack two sets of "Orm's Return" with just one set of "Road to the Forgotten Forest", because in her mind, "kids will want to buy more dragons rather than terrain." This severely limited access to the RttFF, which people wanted multiples of, and stores had difficulty moving the additional sets of the large heroes, which people really needed one of. Needless to say, she was not at all aware of how to market the game. After this debacle, next large expansion sets were shipped with two terrain sets and one hero set.
The dragon lady is long gone. We are making smart decisions this go around!
Really glad to hear this. The first thing that popped into my brain when hearing about Heroscape's return was that I hope the whole unique/common packaging debacle doesn't happen again.

Sooo... I remember back in the day that Hasbro had started working on a Battlefield/Scenario Builder for the old heroscape.com website. I REALLY hope we get some decent software support this time around.
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

An updated map building program to replace VS would be huuuuge.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2022, 01:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...t-gen-con-2022

I guess we all need to get setup and active in the Discord community by August 8th.
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Eh. I'm sure if anything cool enough happens there it'll filter back to the Heroscapers Discord or here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2022, 01:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

A friend told me to ask about compatibility. I got these answers from Chris:
The new figures will be compatible with the old, and balanced to the same power scale for competitive play (with dok and DS involved I have no doubts about that).
He would not say whether there would be any new rules or rules tweaks, but said something about "listening to the community" on the need for rules clarifications or changes
He again said the terrain would be compatible

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its been so long since I checked Heroscape News, I forgot we had it! But here at The Game Palace of The New York City Gang of Four (my apartment), we never stopped playing monthly for any significant time except for Covid, and now we've been back playing for months. Congratulations to all the creators involved. It was heartwarming to hear that our persistence helped convince Hasbro to bring the game back. They certainly have the funds to bankroll the project.

Looking forward to hearing more soon. Welcome back to everyone who's been away!
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Somebody tell Ry to post the pics I texted him

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:10 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

I have one question that I would like someone to ask and place in Craig's ear if they are at Gen Con. We are all sad that the minis are unpainted we will deal. Please please please make the models have a "canon" color scheme. Put them on the cards just like the old minis. That way I know what I am supposed to paint them like. This will go a long way towards making the models feel like a part of the old line.
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Excellent sum up of the Heroquest Path Grim. They have done a nice job with that.
Hey man! You are welcome! If anyone has any questions about HeroQuest please ask away. And congrats on being part of the team bring this back Sky!
What is the fan site for Heroquest?
The oldest one is http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com

There are several FaceBook groups dedicated to the game as well.
Old August 4th, 2022, 01:15 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll echo my thoughts that unpainted minis is extremely disappointing. I've gotten deep into Heroscape again the last 18 months, active in the community the last year. I have also painted several hundred of the official units that I missed because I was a kid. And yet, I really, really do not want these minis to be unpainted. Terrain is still speculation, so despite being overjoyed yesterday, I suddenly have no desire to purchase this master set. If the big draw is new units (that I have to put hours of work into to make them not look like every other tabletop game mini) then I'd rather just wait for the next C3V release and get my 6 new, playable heroes for 20 bucks. I'm sure the lore and the units will be cool, and the terrain might be interesting, which will be the big draw for me. I know a lot of hard work went into this by dedicated people, and I'm sure I'll splurge at some point. But buying this game won't feel like Heroscape to me. It will feel like any other generic mini game that the VC made cards for so I can use them with Heroscape. I hope this was not too cutting, and I am probably overreacting. We don't even know for sure if they are or aren't. But I just want to add to the feedback here and hope that it is taken for its intent, which is constructive criticism.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion