Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament Nov 3rd 2012

Louisville Monthly Tournament November 3rd 2012

The Battle for Underacheivment

No overacheiving figures allowed!
Highest rank allowed - B-
510 - 24 Hexes
Rolling_Rumble

Dig out those units that wallow in the dark recesses of your collection. Have a unit that you think has been underappreciated by the community? This is your chance to make it shine!

Since our tournament is C3V/SOV inclusive we will be using
the rankings found here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37772

Click below to see BANNED figures for this tournament!!!
Spoiler Alert!

Click below to see ALLOWED figures for this tournament!!!

Spoiler Alert!

510 pts - 24 hexes
No Marvel
Rolling Rumble

- C3V and SOV approved units WILL be allowed!

C3v_SOV Books of Index

- 2D Proxies will be allowed.

2D_Proxies

Full Card Scoring Kill Points
Rolling Rumble
12 -5:00 PM (Break as needed)
$5 Registration Fee

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229
(502) 957-3188

http://maps.google.com/maps/

A word on prize structure -
There will be prizes for First, Second and Third places.
There will NOT be guaranteed prizes beyond that.
This does remove the expectation that some prizes
will be supplied by players.

With Heroscape product getting increasingly scarce
the prizes will be as follows.
First place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 50% of prize pool
Second place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 30% of prize pool
Third place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 20% of prize pool

Additional prizes are always welcome and will be handed out on a superlative basis - (i.e. Furthest Distance Traveled, Best Sportsmanship, Most points scored against Gordon.)

Bring a snack to share!

There will be a focus on getting new players to give it a try, so loaner armies will be readily available.

Now accepting Map Suggestions!

Attending:
El Diabolo +1
Megasilver
Deroche
Necroblade
Big Boa
Louis
Slippery Slope
Mr. Spex
VideoSaayge
Major Q23
Mr. Chompy
123cde
Orgsbane
Wolfshadow

Maybe:

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; November 2nd, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Nov 3rd 2012

I'll be there!

Thanks for making it B- AND using Dok's Power Rankings! (As they make the most sense for us.)
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'll be there!

Thanks for making it B- AND using Dok's Power Rankings! (As they make the most sense for us.)
Guess I'm not running the MacDirks like I had hoped...Denrick the only bonding option. I dunno, maybe I will.

Macdirks x 5
Denrick
------------

Old October 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'll be there!

Guess I'm not running the MacDirks like I had hoped...Denrick the only bonding option. I dunno, maybe I will.

Macdirks x 5
Denrick
------------
Be very careful, then.
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Screw it, I'll play Anubians then.

Old October 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM
What A Daseline

Oh yeah, Map thread!

Maps will be posted here. Taking suggestions now. (Anything with heavy snow will be turned into regular snow )

Fossil

Capuan Arena - tourney edit (24-hex start zone added to each side)

Fyorlag Swamp

Last edited by Deroche; November 2nd, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old October 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Anubians + Khosumet and MacDirks + Denrick would be very strong choices.

Other options: Kato + samurai / yari; Estivara, spiders, wyverns; Pelloth + Drow.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM

Ooohh, I really want to run Anubians now! But this event is the best time for me to run all Spiders, so I'm sticking to that.
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

FWIW, you can pretty much auto-include me in the attendees lists. If I'm not coming, I'll let you know.

Hmm, doesn't look like adding B- to the mix changes my army idea, but we'll see.

Someone should run Jotun and his brothers, though:

280 Frost Giant x2
225 Jotun

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
What A Daseline

For the moment, this will be my build unless testing shows overwhelmingly I need to run something else (but I doubt it):

Anubian Wolves x5
Khosumet
Death Knights of Valkrill x1

Speaking of Death Knights, there are a ton of viable bonding options with those guys. I have five squads, so I can accommodate up to four squad requests if someone wants to give them a whirl. One can spend quite a bit of time in Battleplan making up all kinds of Death Knight army ideas (I think I stopped at six different builds). You are using Battleplan, right? Right???

http://battleplan.mythacle.com/heroscape/

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:11 PM
What A Daseline

Also, FYI:

For my wife's birthday, I'm taking her to the Bruce Springsteen concert on the 3rd.

Because it's Rolling Rumble, I'm out the door as close to 4:30 pm as possible, no matter what. In order to do that, I need to not bring any maps. And if I'm loaning figures, Marcus can collect them and get them back to me later.

So, we'll need people to step up in the map department because in order for RR to work, we need more maps available than matches played.

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Louis and I are in. I love the use of B- and less units! Creating this army is going to be a lot of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events