Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2015, 02:45 AM

Ramses800 is surprisingly tart
Re: A thorough reexamination of Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
@Ramses800 , those cards look very nice! I'm flattered you're using them.
I have redone almost all your designs in this way, if you like, I can complete the set and upload them somewhere(And you could reuse the templates/scripts with minor tweaking for your new system).

Quote:
I think the last units I evaluated were the DnD master set figures.
Any chance that you will complete them all?

Quote:
If you like this old custom system I devised, you're going to be blown away by the new. It requires some bookkeeping (keeping track of squad figures' HP and there's a new status effect component - bleed, poison, ensnare, sleep, etc.), but it's incredible compared to the dice system.
Wow, you have clearly invested a lot of time in this! Interesting concept! Will you be using Order Markers as well?

Old January 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800
I have redone almost all your designs in this way, if you like, I can complete the set and upload them somewhere(And you could reuse the templates/scripts with minor tweaking for your new system).
That's a very generous offer, and I appreciate it. In the HP system I'm currently working on though, I don't plan to remake all of the army cards ina graphics program. I'm just using MS Excel to make army cards without pictures of the figures' hit zones to save a ton of time. You can see what that looks like in the previous post in the file "HS - Calculations."

Quote:
Any chance that you will complete them all?
Unlikely. I'm pretty focused on developing the HP system and I am more into the classic units. If there's something in particular you'd like my input on, I'd be happy to brainstorm a few units.

Quote:
Wow, you have clearly invested a lot of time in this! Interesting concept! Will you be using Order Markers as well?
Indeed, a lot of time, hehe. Yes, order markers are still in and function in the same way. Initiative doesn't change during the game except through holding a majority of initative glyphs though. There are a new set of markers added called "reaction markers," which are meant to simulate the real-time actions and reactions of units in battle. Here is the excerpt from the rules file describing the reaction markers:

• All players use three markers that are a different color from their order markers as reaction markers. Two reaction markers are numbered (the values are inconsequential) and one reaction marker is an “X” (reaction bluff marker).
• Reaction markers are placed in between rounds as per order markers on particular units’ army cards.
• Any unit with an unrevealed reaction marker may reveal one reaction marker per turn and react after any of the following: (1) an opponent’s move phase, (2) an opponent’s attack phase, or (3) an opponent’s reaction phase (i.e., counter-react).
• When a reaction marker is revealed on an army card, the unit associated with that army card may move a number of spaces equal to the card’s react number along with any powers affecting the react number factored in.
• When a reaction marker is revealed on an army card that enables turn bonding, all figures that could take a turn if an OM was revealed on that army card are eligible to react instead of the unit(s) associated with the army card on which the reaction marker was revealed.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Individual squad figures' health is tracked by placing a small colored dot (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow) with a number between 1-3 (if a 3-man squad) or 1-4 (if a 4-man squad). So If I have 3 squads of 4th Mass, I could have a blue squad, a red squad, and a green squad. Each figure in a squad will be numbered 1, 2, 3, or 4. If I say "4th Mass green-4", I know exactly which one that is. They are still activated collectively like all common squads are; in other words, it is fine to move a member of the red squad with a member of the green and blue squads in the same turn.
So you would add some kind of sticker to the figure base?

The HP20 system seems really interesting, just the other night, I wiped out a bunch of commons with zero sweat (and since my opponent were not a Scape addict, I felt kind of bad about it...), with the HP20, if I understand it correctly, it will at least take some more effort killing of commons?

How much longer do you think it will make each game?

Do you plan to redo all classic scape figures to HP20?

Last edited by Ramses800; January 23rd, 2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 12:26 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

One concept for Health Points I've thought of is by using 5mm dice frames and putting tiny 5mm dice inside of them, this allows you to track from 1 to 6 HP.

http://www.minibits.net/DF5x-p585/

and

You can find these in many different colors and places on ebay and other websites.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:02 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800 View Post
Quote:
Individual squad figures' health is tracked by placing a small colored dot (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow) with a number between 1-3 (if a 3-man squad) or 1-4 (if a 4-man squad). So If I have 3 squads of 4th Mass, I could have a blue squad, a red squad, and a green squad. Each figure in a squad will be numbered 1, 2, 3, or 4. If I say "4th Mass green-4", I know exactly which one that is. They are still activated collectively like all common squads are; in other words, it is fine to move a member of the red squad with a member of the green and blue squads in the same turn.
So you would add some kind of sticker to the figure base?

The HP20 system seems really interesting, just the other night, I wiped out a bunch of commons with zero sweat (and since my opponent were not a Scape addict, I felt kind of bad about it...), with the HP20, if I understand it correctly, it will at least take some more effort killing of commons?

How much longer do you think it will make each game?

Do you plan to redo all classic scape figures to HP20?
Yep, I use little colored stickers like you can find at office supply stores. I have re-made most classic figures for the HP20 system already. Like I mentioned, I'm not making cards this time - just character sheets in MS Excel.

My friend and I really only play each other, and so we have added a great many new rules and game mechanics that you might not be interested in.

But for what it's worth, here is our rules, unit roster, and a rationale for how we developed the HP20 system. The rationale might actually be most useful to you if you wanted to do something similar to what we did, but create your own system of game play.

Roster and Army Calculator

Rules

System Rationale

In the Roster and Army Calculator file, you'll see a tab that we use for tracking different figures' hit points.

Our games do take a little longer to play than an official game, but determining damage and hit points doesn't actually take that long. We have spreadsheets pre-formatted to help us keep track of every figures' hit points and to determine damage inflicted.

Our games actually go for a while longer because we've added other types of markers to the game besides order markers. We now use "reaction markers" in addition to "turn markers" (formerly order markers). All of the markers are placed in between rounds. Reaction markers allow units to move X spaces 1) after an opponent's move phase, 2) after an opponent's attack phase, or 3) after an opponent's reaction phase (counter-react). The reaction markers simulate the real-time, simultaneous movement of units in battle and provide for even more strategic planning. All of this is explained in much more detail in the rules file linked above.

Last edited by rouby44; February 8th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:18 AM

I completed the last high resolution versions of your reworked units and made pdf:s of them. Here are the links
Aquilla
Einar
Jandar
Ullar
Utgar
Vydar

There are some rewording(due to using the MSE scripts/formatting and so on) but the the actual power/effects should be the same as your originals.
The files are somewhat large(totaling a 160Mb).

Last edited by Ramses800; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old February 8th, 2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800 View Post
I completed the last high resolution versions of your reworked units and made pdf:s of them. Here are the links
Aquilla
Einar
Jandar
Ullar
Utgar
Vydar

There are some rewording(due to using the MSE scripts/formatting and so on) but the the actual power/effects should be the same as your originals.
The files are somewhat large(totaling a 160Mb).
Wow, awesome man. Again, I'm flattered.

I updated the links in my previous post about the Hit Point system. My friend and I have nearly perfected it and those files are up to date now.
Old August 17th, 2015, 09:14 PM

The 20-HP system has been thoroughly tested, tweaked, and balanced now. Probably no one other than my friend and I will ever play it, but it has made 'Scape the ultimate battlefield strategy game in our minds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards