Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Anyways, can you counterstrike someone with a range of more than one that is attacking you in melee?
Yes.

Counterstrike works against any normal attack made from an adjacent figure, regardless of their range. If it helps, you can think of it as the person attacking using their gun/bow and leaving an opening, and because they are close, the samurai/other figure can counter-attack them.

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; September 2nd, 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added more information... one word posts aren't very helpful.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Counterstrike works against any attack made from an adjacent figure, regardless of their range.
Well... not adjacent special attacks.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

I was reading the GenCon rules for CTF and I came up with a few questions,

1. Placement of the flag, do you choose where to put your flag or is it already set?

2. Capturing the flag, it says in the rules to capture the flag you must be on the flag unengaged at the end of any turn. Does this mean after both opponents have revealed the same order marker, or once I move onto the flag and I am not engaged I win?

3. Are you aloud to stand on your own flag to prevent your opponent from reaching the flag?

Thanks.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

1. Flag position is preset at the orange dots on the GC maps:

2. and 3. I honestly don't know, so I'll defer to someone who does, instead of guessing.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
I was reading the GenCon rules for CTF and I came up with a few questions,

1. Placement of the flag, do you choose where to put your flag or is it already set?

2. Capturing the flag, it says in the rules to capture the flag you must be on the flag unengaged at the end of any turn. Does this mean after both opponents have revealed the same order marker, or once I move onto the flag and I am not engaged I win?

3. Are you aloud to stand on your own flag to prevent your opponent from reaching the flag?

Thanks.
If you move on the flag and are unengaged, then you when when your current turn ends. End of turn=one order marker. End of round =all order markers.

Yes you can place a figure on your flag to protect it.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; September 3rd, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Thank you killometer and xraine69 for clearing up my questions.
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:23 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you and your teammate both have the marro warriors squad, can you clone his/her warriors? If so, would you be replinishing his/her squad or your squad?
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
If you and your teammate both have the marro warriors squad, can you clone his/her warriors? If so, would you be replinishing his/her squad or your squad?
No you may not clone your opponent's figures.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
No you may not clone your opponent's figures.
Well, duh. No, you cannot clone your teammate's figures.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Shooter McGavin has disabled reputation

Quick question about custom painting figures. I searched a few times but can't seem to find any answers.

Are custom painted figures legal in tournaments? I enjoy painting and adding new details to figures, but I don't want to make my figs illegal for tournament use.

When I was big into the Dreamblade scene, we were allowed to use any custom painted figs we had, even special alternate color promo figs and I was curious if it was the same for Heroscape.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if this is already posted on here, but like I said, I'm having no luck finding any info on it.

Thank you,
Shooter M
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
Quick question about custom painting figures. I searched a few times but can't seem to find any answers.

Are custom painted figures legal in tournaments? I enjoy painting and adding new details to figures, but I don't want to make my figs illegal for tournament use.

When I was big into the Dreamblade scene, we were allowed to use any custom painted figs we had, even special alternate color promo figs and I was curious if it was the same for Heroscape.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if this is already posted on here, but like I said, I'm having no luck finding any info on it.

Thank you,
Shooter M
You can paint anything official figure you want, as long as you don't alter the sculpt in anyway, although some TDs are even lenient on that. You could even play unpainted figures as their repainted version (or vice-versa) such as playing Venoc Vipers as Elite Onyx Vipers, so long as you can designate different figures if you are playing both at the same time.
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

"Legal"? Well the law all depends on who is the law maker, and that varies from tournament to tournament - tournament director to tournament director. For example, I would accept proxy figures as long as they look close to the actual figure. However, GenCon would NEVER accept a proxy or modified figure in a tournament, although they do accept repainted figures. Also note that GenCon sets the standards for most local tournament scenes for Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's